Marvel Heroes 20xx

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I broke down and got Luke Cage and Iron Man (due to the rework) and have been playing nothing but Iron Man, really enjoying it.

I haven't had any Spirit problems, but I'm not playing a normal character either I guess. I'm not sure any of my characters I play is very Spirit intensive other than maybe Rocket?

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Moloid Man has been there since Beta, was just turned off for a couple of patches.
I'm finding it very difficult to level heros in their 50's at the moment - just seems to take forever. XP in Midtown is horrendous, although thats been offset by greens dropping everywhere. Red terminals are nuts at the moment with mobs summoning mobs summoning mobs (theres an Xzibit joke in there somewhere). And it's even worse in Superheroics.
Wish they would go back to pre-1.2 xp levels, where you could sneeze and get to lvl 30.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It isn't really if you're a spirit intensive class or not it is more a problem if your class is constantly using spirit spenders. My normal idea with Rocket was to set up blaster turret, set up suppression, (if mobs are mostly normal use BFG; if mobs are mostly mini-bosses use TD). So I am dipping into spirit spenders pretty much all the time. I'd only use quick shot if I was already at no spirit. So there are times where I'm going from one set of mobs to another that I'm just starved for spirit because the regeneration didn't kick in for the few seconds I'm used to it kicking in. IMO, Gaz should have just left it broken for all classes. That is what the public was used to and expected out of their spirit regeneration.

Tenks

Moloid Man has been there since Beta, was just turned off for a couple of patches.
I'm finding it very difficult to level heros in their 50's at the moment - just seems to take forever. XP in Midtown is horrendous, although thats been offset by greens dropping everywhere. Red terminals are nuts at the moment with mobs summoning mobs summoning mobs (theres an Xzibit joke in there somewhere). And it's even worse in Superheroics.
Wish they would go back to pre-1.2 xp levels, where you could sneeze and get to lvl 30.
I know with Deadpool I'd just buy a +100% XP bar from the shop and just teleport right to the bosses of the red terminals. Sometimes I'd do Shocker but most often I'd do Hood. With the XP rush bonus at around 50 you'd get ~75k-100k per XP bubble the bosses drop. And they would drop somewhere between 4-8 it seemed. The key was basically to ignore the trash and mini-bosses. I'd just kill enough for them to drop a Splinter (it seemed like they could only drop 1 per instance run) then ignore them.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Post-50 XP is definitely slow, I will not argue. Pre-30 though? Seems Ok to me, I'm fairly happy at my pace I'm moving along and Midtown is still great XP.

Have you tried the new Odin-thing Legendary Quests? That is supposed to be a nice boost starting at 20.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Usual gazillion fuck-up with the Legendary Quests, the XP bubbles that drop when you complete the quest.....are invisible. I don't know how that got through their extensive 20 min testing blitz..
Some of the Legendary quests are stupid though, theres one to go to Madripoor and kill 100 hydra and 100 hand ninjas...except ninjas only spawn in the tower, and they don't count. Bravo

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i was initially worried about the FFF nerf and the spirit regen nerf... but from what i can tell, it hasn't REALLY affected my deadpool. i was kind of worried because for AOE packs i'd spam Fire All the Bullets and then use the spirit regen ability... what's it called? More Bullets? or something.. anyways, i'd spam that while i was spamming fire all the bullets and just... mow down everyone. so again, i was worried, but i've noticed that i don't really have much of a problem... i'll use the gas grenade and then the machine guns and then when i get low spirit i'll switch to armor busters for a few seconds and i'm practicaly at full spirit again. a lot of the other attacks seems like they've been boosted up damage wise to fire all the bullets anyways. armor buster and the default melee attacks do so much more damage. but, they are single target so they should be used instead of an aoe.

point is, i haven't really noticed too much of a difference, at least on deadpool. he's the only character i have above lvl 10 anyways.

Edit: what do you guys think of luke cage? he's never been a huge favorite, but i LOVE me some iron fist... the idea of having an iron fist pet is pretty tempting.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
God damn thanks for saying this, would've never known about him otherwise. Gotta go farm some o that.
You're God damn welcome, bro.

The rest of the stats aren't great, low energy damage boost and 2-3% to summon a moloid, but better than nothing. If they keep boosting xp in the tiny amounts they are, maybe eventually it won't be so grindy.

Tenks

i was initially worried about the FFF nerf and the spirit regen nerf... but from what i can tell, it hasn't REALLY affected my deadpool. i was kind of worried because for AOE packs i'd spam Fire All the Bullets and then use the spirit regen ability... what's it called? More Bullets? or something.. anyways, i'd spam that while i was spamming fire all the bullets and just... mow down everyone. so again, i was worried, but i've noticed that i don't really have much of a problem... i'll use the gas grenade and then the machine guns and then when i get low spirit i'll switch to armor busters for a few seconds and i'm practicaly at full spirit again. a lot of the other attacks seems like they've been boosted up damage wise to fire all the bullets anyways. armor buster and the default melee attacks do so much more damage. but, they are single target so they should be used instead of an aoe.

point is, i haven't really noticed too much of a difference, at least on deadpool. he's the only character i have above lvl 10 anyways.

Edit: what do you guys think of luke cage? he's never been a huge favorite, but i LOVE me some iron fist... the idea of having an iron fist pet is pretty tempting.
The spirit nerf shouldn't really affect Deadpool too greatly since like you said if you're a ranged deadpool you just use SatB to mow down normal mobs and use your basic to kill elites. Even with a melee pool I just bodyslide into a pack, drop caltrops then spam my basic melee. The problem is for classes that lack a really good basic power.

Nulolan

N00b
Having a good bit of fun on Thor, my daredevil is in the early 40's but think i'm going to be on mostly thor for now. It's funny I'm having more fun with this then diablo 3, and spent way less so far.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I had predicted that they would start to get a grasp on things and would be unusually attentive to user feedback.

I just returned from a hiatus and the game looks better where I have not encountered lag instability, a friend of mine got booted multiple times last night to the point where I got an IM stating simply "FUCK IT!". The game has a better aesthetic appeal and it looks like there is more incentive based gameplay to cut down on the grind.

Prestige would appeal to some people I know who consider getting level 60 "winning". It's harder to change a person's mentality than to cater to it and if that player only wants to play as say Iron Man it gives that person some extra replayability. Knowing comic book fans that is sadly an actual issue the dev team needs to consider.

It's going to take a bit to see how all of this new stuff works but I am quite pleased with their progress so far and am quite interested in what they will do once they get the game mechanics tuned, I still predict that they will start digital monthly comics if they have enough of a player base, which should not only generate revenue for their captive audience but it will give their casuals a reason to check back once a month. It's nice to see Marvel getting back into it's stride.

Tenks

What I really like about the game, which I don't see any other games doing, is the ability to upgrade drops. Like if you get a blue with two perfect rolls you can upgrade that to an epic to get a few more stats on it. Then if that rolls perfect you can roll it up to Cosmic (not sure if that is in the game yet but it will be.) It is a pretty rewarding system that really rewards you for observing "junk" drops.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Yes, while the crafting system was clunky and unnecessarily time intensive I did like the ability to level up vendors with junk drops and the ability to upgrade gear with decent rolls.

I noticed the game got a lot cooler looking after I turned on some of the combat text options, it's a lot more comic feeling but with numbers instead of "biff" and "pow". The audio portion of cut scenes are just flat out missing, I don't know if that is because I have it windowed(fullscreen) and the game is assuming that it's not the open window. I did like the new prelude with Black Cat.

I noticed that the story reset guy is missing, did they change the game so that each character's story progress is handled independently now?

Nulolan

N00b
I noticed that the story reset guy is missing, did they change the game so that each character's story progress is handled independently now?
Yep, each hero has a uncompleted story so you can just go through again and get the rewards (minus splinters and shards reward).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What I really like about the game, which I don't see any other games doing, is the ability to upgrade drops. Like if you get a blue with two perfect rolls you can upgrade that to an epic to get a few more stats on it. Then if that rolls perfect you can roll it up to Cosmic (not sure if that is in the game yet but it will be.) It is a pretty rewarding system that really rewards you for observing "junk" drops.
The upgrade to cosmic recipe was added in the last patch. Unfortunately it cost a million credits per use and they nerfed credit drops to about 30% of what they were and won't own up to it. The line goes that they lowered credits per stack and increased the number of stacks, and it's supposed to even out, but it doesn't. Not even close.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
1.31 today, lot of spirit cost reductions and a bit of a rework on storm, widow, & cyclops. lot of bug fix shit too.

General Changes

This week?s patch focuses mostly on hero changes, with large changes to spirit consumption (and regeneration), buffs for some heroes, and bug fixes. Our goal is to continue to buff heroes and items until every hero is incredibly satisfying to play with multiple build options and plenty of loot to chase.
Hero Changes

Powers that increase defense rating have been re-tuned. All defense rating powers will have increased values as a result of this tuning.

Spirit costs have been reduced for many powers in Marvel Heroes. Each change is listed under a particular hero?s section of the patch notes.

"Charge and Hold" powers have been redesigned. These powers now have a guaranteed charge time of 1 second. This allows the tooltips for these powers to list accurate damage values, and prevent player frustration regarding being interrupted out of a 'charge and hold' power. The damage output of these powers have been retuned, and buffs have been issued to many of them.

These changes affect the following powers:

Black Widow - Deadly Shot
Cable - Devastating Beam
Cyclops - Optic Devastation
Hawkeye - Adamantium Arrow
Human Torch - Extreme Combustion
Iron Man - Unibeam
Luke Cage - Cage Was Here
Ms. Marvel - Stellar Flare
Punisher - Armor-Piercing Shot
Rocket Raccoon - Tactical Destruction
Thor - Almighty Mjolnir

Black Widow

Kevlar Reinforcement - A new passive has been added to Black Widow's Agility tree. This passive increases Widow's defense, tenacity, and grants a small chance to ignore projectiles.
Stinging Barrage - Fixed an error in the tooltip which displayed an incorrect rate of fire.
Timed Explosives - Damage increased ~10%, Spirit cost reduced to 30 (down from 40).
Flash Grenade, Rolling Grenades, and Micro-Drones - Area of effects increased ~10%.
Flash Grenade is now tagged as an area power.
Widow's Kiss is now tagged as a ranged power.
Master of Munitions spirit generation on crit now properly restores spirit on all crits.
Acrobatic Assault no longer has a stunning kick at the end of the jump. It now deals damage to all enemies hit while performing the flip. The power is now tagged as a movement power.
Escape Roll's spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 15).
Sudden Slash's bleed damage increased 33%. Base damage increased 10%.
Widow's Kiss poison damage increased 25%. Base damage increased 8%.

The following powers for Black Widow have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Evasive Shot - 12 (down from 20)
Flash Grenade - 20 (down from 25)

Black Panther

The following powers for Black Panther have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Slashing Lunge - 10 (down from 22)
Triple Throw - 20 (down from 27)
Stealthy Escape - 15 (down from 20)
Dora Milaje - 30 (down from 33)
Vibranium Trap - 15 (down from 20)

Captain America

Athletic Leap no longer scales the spirit cost down with power points. The spirit cost has been set to 10. Placing power points into Athletic Leap now grants Captain America passive critical strike rating.

The following powers for Captain America have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Shield Swipe - 15 (down from 18)
Stunning Backflip - 10 (down from 15)
Dynamic Charge - 15 (down from 20)
Heroic Charge - 15 (down from 20)

October 1

Cable

Quick Bodyslide no longer scales the range with power points, Cable can teleport freely to any location on screen. The spirit cost has been reduced to 10 (down from 21). Placing points into Quick Bodyslide now grants Cable passive tenacity.

Cable has grown taller!

The following powers for Cable have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Concussion Blast - 15 (down from 20)
Devastating Beam - 20 (down from 25)
Defensive Roll - 10 (down from 20)
Psychokinetic Barrier - 25 (down from 27)
Mental Immobilize Psychic Trap - 30 (down from 36)
Vortex Grenade - 25 (down from 30). Cooldown has also been removed.

Cyclops

Cyclops' secondary resource (Command Points) has been removed from the game.

Concussive Force now knocks down enemies with optic blasts instead of knocking them back. While active, the power will give Cyclops a chance to ignore projectiles.
Rallying Command no longer scales the spirit cost down with power points. The spirit cost has been set to 15
Wide Beam range increased 20%.
Explosive Blast spirit cost reduced to 8 (down from 10), projectile speed increase 20%.
Cunning Blast spirit cost reduced to 12 (down from 20).
Trained Punch defense buff duration increased to 8 seconds (up from 5).
Optic Barrage now increases its base rate of fire with power points.
Tactical Kick now stuns rather than knocks back enemies. The tooltip has been updated to reflect a recent change that added extra crit rating and crit damage to the kick, rather than causing it to weaken enemies.
Sweeping Kick's tooltip has been updated to reflect the recent change of knocking down enemies rather than knocking them into the air.
Tactical Analysis's area of effect size has been increased 25%. With the removal of command points, the debuff potency and duration of the power have been increased. The visual has been increased to match the area of effect.
Carry The Momentum has been reworked. The power is now passive, and restores spirit to you and your teammates whenever a nearby enemy is defeated. The spirit cost reduction of * Veteran Command has been added to this passive.
Veteran Command has been reworked. The power now grants you and your allies a short duration movement speed, attack speed, and damage rating buff, in addition to reviving up to one nearby fallen ally. The power now has a 2 minute cooldown, scaling down with power points.
Maximum Optic Blast can no longer be interrupted by enemy crowd control effects.

Colossus

The following powers for Colossus have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Steel Splash - 15 (down from 17)
Demolition Stomp - 15 (down from 17)
Colossal Smite - 15 (down from 25)
Osmium Charge - 10 (down from 20)
Spinning Fists - 20 (down from 22)

Daredevil

Heroic Leap no longer scales the spirit cost down with power points. The spirit cost has been set to 8. Placing power points into Athletic Leap now grants Daredevil passive defense rating.

Deadpool

Safety Through Stabbing defense buff duration increased to 8 seconds (up from 5).
Bodyslide By One no longer scales the spirit cost down with power points. The spirit cost has been set to 10. Placing power points into Bodyslide By One now grants Deadpool passive critical strike rating.

Hawkeye

Wave of Arrows no longer increases the spirit cost of the power with power points.

Post edited by Ryolnir at 3:19AM

October 1

Human Torch

The following powers for Human Torch have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Fallback Blast: Spirit cost reduced to 12 (down from 20)
Blazing Charge: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 20)
Pyrokinetic Charge: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 20)
Extreme Combustion: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 22)
Cleansing Fire: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 25)
Incinerating Blast: Spirit cost reduced to 20 per second (down from 25)

Iron Man

Pulse Bolt no longer explodes when hitting an enemy. It now pulses a stunning blast periodically while travelling through enemies.
The One-Off can no longer be animation-cancelled.
Unibeam: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 25)
Hyper-Velocity Charge: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 20)
Jet-Assisted Slam: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 22)
Wrist Rocket: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 20)

Jean Grey

Phoenix Charge: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 20)

Luke Cage

Luke Cage pets have increased durability at higher levels.
Cold Shoulder: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 24)
Tactical Offense: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 25)
Tactical Defense: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 25)

Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel?s secondary resource will now only decay when out of combat.Photonic Wave no longer has a channeled animation. The power now stuns enemies hit.
Photonic Wave no longer gains double the intended damage bonus from her secondary resource. The attack speed of the power now properly displays on the tooltip.
Stellar Flare's damage radius now matches the radius in which enemies are taunted.
Photonic Regeneration's tooltip for the instant healing portion has been fixed. It will now display the correct healing amount.

The following powers for Ms. Marvel have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Roundhouse Kick: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 13)
Photonic Wave: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 20)
Stellar Flare: Spirit cost reduced to 30 (down from 33)
Flying Lunge: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 19)
Evasive Blast: Spirit cost reduced to 12 (down from 20)
Warbird Charge: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 22)

Punisher

The following powers for Punisher have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Steel-Toed Kick: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 12)
Quick Escape: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 20)
Combat Lunge: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 20)
Flashbang Grenade: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 25)

October 1

Rocket Raccoon

The following powers for Rocket Raccoon have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Big Flarkin Gun: Spirit cost reduced to 20 per second (down from 25)
Tactical Destruction: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 22)
Cunning Shot: Spirit cost reduced to 12 (down from 20)
Blaster Turret: Spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 30)
Shield Generator: Spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 27)
Suppression Turret: Spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 30)
Time Dilator: Spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 27)
Gravity Mine: Spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 29)
Burrowing Escape: Spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 20)
Timely Recovery: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 30)
Pistol Whip: Is now a Basic power

Scarlet Witch

Scarlet Witch?s secondary resource will now only decay when out of combat.

The following powers for Scarlet Witch have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Hex Orb: Spirit cost reduced to 15 (down from 16)
Corrosive Hex: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 23)
Enervating Hex: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 23)
Withering Hex: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 26)
Chthonic Gloom: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 33)
Combusting Hex: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 25)
Hex Binding: Spirit cost reduced to 20 20 (down from 30)
Ravenous Binding: Spirit cost reduced to 20 25 (down from 31)
Chaos Shift: Spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 25)
Entropic Warding: Spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 27)
Warding Veil: Now persists as a toggle that reserves maximum Spirit
Ominous Veil: Now persists as a toggle that reserves maximum Spirit

Spider-Man

The following powers for Spider-Man have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Amazing Uppercut - 15 (down from 17)
Evasive Websling - 12 (down from 18)
Stick Around - 20 (down from 30)
Webswing Assault - 15 (down from 20)
Leaping Assault - 30 (down from 33)

Storm

Lightning Column - In Patch 1.2, damage over time effects were made to no longer stack. Lightning Column was erroneously not affected in this change, and has been fixed. As a result of this change, Lightning Column has been updated in its functionality. Lightning Column now deals a burst of initial damage in addition to creating the lingering electricity field. The DPS of the lingering electricity field has been increased roughly 50%.
Quickening Breeze - The tooltip for Quickening Breeze has been updated to make the active and aura portions more distinguished. The activated portion now scales with power points, and affects attack speed in addition to movement speed. Lightning Bolt now restores spirit per enemy hit by the bolt. Damage of Lightning Bolt has been increased ~20%.
Chain Lightning spirit cost reduced to 8 (down from 20).
Thundering Bolt spirit cost reduced to 20 (down from 30). Damage has been increased ~20%.
Ball Lightning spirit cost reduced to 25 (down from 30).
Stunning Bolt now causes lingering damage over time for a short duration.
Sirroco Rush spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 20).
Elusive Blast spirit cost reduced to 12 (down from 20).
Crashing Hail spirit cost reduced to 30 (down from 40).
Thundering Maelstrom no longer has a duration. Storm now channels the mighty maelstrom for as long as hotkey is held down, and she will pass through enemies for as long as she is channeling. The damage per bolt has been reduced ~20%, but the maelstrom now strikes 3 targets at a time (up from 1).

Thing

The following powers for Thing have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Backhand Smash - 15 (down from 18)
Directed Shockwave - 15 (down from 20)
Rockslide Charge - 15 (down from 24)
Crushing Leap - 25 (down from 26)
Bold Challenge - 15 (down from 20)

Thor

Immortal Combat defense buff duration increased to 8 seconds (up from 5).
Fixed a bug where Almighty Mjolnir was dealing damage multiple times to single targets when thrown into a group of enemies. The collision radius of the hammer has been tripled.

The following powers for Thor have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Hammer Throw - 15 (down from 20)
Storm Hammer - 15 (down from 20)
Call The Lightning - 15 (down from 18)
Bring the Thunder - 25 (down from 33)
Asgardian Smite - 30 (down from 32)
Thunderous Charge - 15 (down from 20)

Wolverine

The following powers for Wolverine have had their spirit costs adjusted:

Slashing Leap - 20 (down from 23)
I'm the Best There Is - 25 (down from 35)
Furious Lunge - 15 (down from 20)
Regeneration Boost - 30 (down from 40)
Can't Keep Me Down - 10 (down from 20)

Hero Synergy System Changes

Colossus hero synergy: Level 50 now provides 30 Tenacity
Emma Frost hero synergy: Level 50 proc now triggers on any hit in order to let both diamond and mental build Emma benefit.

Mission Changes

Mr. Sinister?s door will no longer be locked. His lab is now open for visitors.
X-Defense

Reduced time between X-Defense waves from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
Removed one of the Brood Hybrids in the X-Defense Brood wave so that there are now a total of four hybrids.
Slightly increased the health of the Brood Hybrids in the X-Defense Brood wave to compensate for the above removal of one of the hybrids.

Legendary Quest Changes

Increased Legendary Quest XP and fixed the orbs to be visible.
Added some Legendary Quests.
Adjusted many Legendary Quests to have improved hinting and adjusted requirements.
Fixed bugs in several Legendary Quests.

Prestige Changes

Characters that have already reached Prestige Level 1 or higher will be retroactively granted a copy of their starting costume.
Item Changes

Experimental Overcharged Repulsors: retuned the self damage to be a chance on crit to lose 1% of your current health.
Players can now unbind Team Insignia items at the crafter.
Ziggurat of Kargul artifact no longer stops spirit regen when you use it to teleport
Corrected Lady Deathstrike tooltip to show proper bleed damage.
Fixed a number of unique missing their base defense.
Love of Caiera the Oldstrong: Now equips to Hulk?s ?belt? slot, as Hulk already has a Unique Transformation item.
White Hole Gauntlets should no longer injure other players if confused enemies die with the condition

Enemy Changes

Reduced enemy health and damage slightly, particularly in story mode.
Increased boss tenacity to prevent chain CCing.
Doop now drops better loot.

UI Changes

Increased resolution of full screen overlay map.

NOTE

Some of the above changes will not be live on Test Center today. These changes include (and are not limited to, some changes missed the patch, we'll update later):

Luke Cage pets have increased durability at higher levels.

Spirit will now start regenerating 1 second after using a spirit-spending power. (Spirit gains tick every half second, so the next spirit tick could be immediate or occur up to .5 seconds)

Small buff to Emma Frost and Colossus synergies

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Bonus xp/loot weekend because of the disconnect issues this week, they didn't say what percentage. Starts whenever they get to the office today.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
From Doomsaw:

Hi!

I started the "Thank You" boost weekend early, before the web people get their blurbs up. It is live right now.

FAQ: (stuff people asked me in game today or last night)

Rarity, special item and experience boosted 50%.

We are going to run this bonus through Wednesday so people who work weekends can take advantage of it.

These are server side, so the numbers aren't reflected, but you will notice the difference.

I believe server side buffs stack multiplicatively with in-game find buffs (from items, synergies, potions, zone mods), but I will check.

This affects enemy and quests experience, including orbs.