Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenwen

Silver Squire
If they added a Power rating system to the game tied to rewards or scores this could work, but that is the kind of design decision you build a game around not throw in a month before launch. Really though should Thor ever lose to Hawkeye? Some heroes and villains are more powerful then others. This game mulches them all up together.
Some of these people don't want the hulk, or iron man, or *insert powerful hero here* to lose ever, in pve or pvp. These people are the ones that got upset and said the Kingpin/bullseye fight was too hard, just because they had to follow the mechanics of the fight instead of facerolling it with the hulk. As for your question, in the comics, no, but in a balanced game, yes, if the hawkeye player outplays the thor player.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Played Colossus up to mid 20's this weekend and dropped some money on a premium pack. I've already gotten more play time out of this than Bioshock Infinite.

The game is fun but they need to increase the PvE difficulty, reduce damage across the board in PvP (My tank gets instagibbed by ranged), and add some group-oriented end game content.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Played Colossus up to mid 20's this weekend and dropped some money on a premium pack. I've already gotten more play time out of this than Bioshock Infinite.

The game is fun but they need to increase the PvE difficulty, reduce damage across the board in PvP (My tank gets instagibbed by ranged), and add some group-oriented end game content.
I might give this another run if I get the chance to play with a buddy on the weekend. It might be good fun that way. However the quote above sounds like "fun to level a few characters then shelf it" which doesnt quite have the appeal a Diablo clone should have imo. Do we know if they balance for PvP or for PvE?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I might give this another run if I get the chance to play with a buddy on the weekend. It might be good fun that way. However the quote above sounds like "fun to level a few characters then shelf it" which doesnt quite have the appeal a Diablo clone should have imo. Do we know if they balance for PvP or for PvE?
PVP seems extremely unbalanced at the minute. I've leveled a few chars to 15ish (ranged/melee/tank) and they all do pretty well (at least at early levels). Though ranged is certainly easier for me. Health pots also make pretty much any/all of the early fights doable, even underleveled. Really considering buying one of the packs.....

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Good video by the creator stating their intentions, etc for the game. Gives me hope - long, but worth listening to in the background while working etc.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Hawkeye is pretty dam OP. Just got him to 20 and got triple shot. I one shot most guys up close now.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
So, no affinities like D2? So, if you dump points into the lower tiers, we have to pay $ to respec?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Add me to the list of people who played this on a lark and really liked it. I don't know if I $200 Founder's pack liked it but well enough that I will be spending some cash on it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I wasn't at all interesting in this game then I tried it on my brothers beta account. I liked it enough for a $20 (well $18 after a 10% discount code) starter pack.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Word is there might possibly be a wipe this week and putting up Cable and Human Torch for testing. Hopefully they includes parts of the endgame to test as well.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I wasn't at all interesting in this game then I tried it on my brothers beta account. I liked it enough for a $20 (well $18 after a 10% discount code) starter pack.
Where does one find working promo/discount codes? I think I am going to get an ultimate pack since none of the premier packs have what I want but am going to wait until the window starts to close or I get a working code.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
On the 3rd I had used the code INIGO10 (there was also DATMODZ10) which was from a twitch.tv stream event for the game or some shit. It doesn't look like the codes work any more though. Every other code that I could find was a 3 limit use to it.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I will be checking this game out tomorrow and if I like it I am considering dropping $20.

How does the Hulk play?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hulk is strong as fuck. In closed beta, and right now the strongest heroes I've played/spent time with seem to be Hulk, Thor and Scarlett Witch. Spiderman I've heard is actually good right now as well after a buff. Still anxious to test out Cable (who I'm planning on making main once game launches) - don't even care if he isn't as strong as others.