Marvel Heroes 20xx

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's really unclear what is going on. Omega drives (the artifact) have been dropping since the last Omega event. I got an ARMOR drive (the currency) from a boss kill this morning. I got two omega points from completing a SQ, which normally only happens during Omega, but SQs are not handing out Omega files (the currency) which they do during Omega. So I think the event coding is just a giant mess atm.

And yes, the Omega event is stacking experience buff, along with 100 omega files a day that go towards either buying mysterious blue boxes for boss uniques or you can be crazy and save 2000 for the Agent Coulson team-up. There's also an separate stacking xp boost for Omega points during Omega week, but I'm not sure if it's 24% or 100% because I've seen both numbers quoted.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Meh, so nothing has changed on that front. Gaz still not forthcoming with behind the scenes details that could effect money you've spent on boosts.

Khane

Anyone in a good supergroup that has red raids on farm but isn't gung-ho about constantly asking people to do them across multiple heroes? I was in raid guild back when I was playing a lot and it was a very good supergroup with a lot of knowledgeable people but it's huge. Was looking for a smaller one.

Khane

From what I've seen of this event so far, the lucky buffs drop on a 30 minute timer. Almost exactly every time. This is with 15% SIF + the 77% server side boost right now.

The buff also doesn't seem to do much outside of maybe giving you a few more of the event specific items when used on Cosmic bosses. The Cosmic bosses seem to be lootsplodin' no matter what right now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm using the buff while prestige chaining moon knight to make sure he has a fresh set of uniques at almost every level bracket. The buff guarantees 1-2 uniques on red. Did almost the exact same thing with x23 and Punisher during madness week, makes leveling very smooth to be geared to the gills in uniques.

30 minutes wouldn't surprise me, but I did get a double buff drop earlier this morning. It was either a visual bug or just happened to be the exact same boss as the first one, which does rarely happen.

Khane

So this patch broke a lot of shit didn't it? All hero revive skills are broken, out of memory errors all over the place (I crash to desktop at least once an hour), not always getting the guaranteed buff for first SQ completion, Hulks movement abilities are all screwed up and he gets "trapped" all over the place.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Most annoying thing for me thus far is the tab-map is borked, and objectives/people will maybe show up, maybe not. Totally obnoxious!

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oddly, I didn't experience any of those bug all weekend.

Khane, I agree with you about Raid Guild. Good group with some smart and well informed players, but I came to realize that I don't want to play this game so intensely. After Jean's review I needed a break, and when I came back I'd been removed from the guild; not that I blame them - I was gone for months.

Been playing X-23 recently and enjoying her, but she's a bit more squishy than I'd like for a melee character.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im having all kinds of weird shit happen too. I cant click over stuff from my stash into the crafting window, my venoms omegas were refunded today after getting him last night, etc.

Khane

im having all kinds of weird shit happen too. I cant click over stuff from my stash into the crafting window.
I was talking about this in vent last night and the consensus was this has been a bug for a while now and it has to do with you not actually being close enough to the crafter/merchant when trying to sell/donate/craft. You need to close and move closer, even though it lets you open the window.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haha I was in Raid Guild as well before I stopped playing. I may pick it back up again. How deprecated are heroes now in full uniques?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't understand the word deprecated in that context so I'll just churn out some info about uniques.

You can craft raid uniques now, it just takes a whole bunch of eyes or a slightly less large quantity of hearts. There are a pair of new craftable uniques, the bow is pretty bad but Fragment of Twilight is BIS for basically every single hero and every single build, I'm pretty sure it even slightly beats out the Gorilla Spear for summoners. Takes a Surtur rune, so if you haven't been lucky enough for one to drop, you'll have to buy it for 6-8 blessings. Coat of the Skull and Kiss of the Viper are Slot 3s that drop in the new Axis one-shot and are BIS for any hero that doesn't have a really good slot 3 of their own. Well rolled Batroc's Savate Boots (from Batroc in ICP or from ICP boxes) is BIS for a lot of heroes in Slot 4, unless that hero has a really good slot 3.

There has been a bit of power creep over the last few months, but it's nothing out of control just yet. Still, if it goes on the way it is currently it eventually will be out of control.

overbyte

Yeah, currently Im just playing casually so not worried about getting best in slot for screwing around in Industrial City or doing Cosmic Runs. However, if I were a new player looking to catch up however then it might be a bit daunting. I haven't really bothered looking to see how many pickup raids there are, but I cant imagine many. That means you have to get into a guild who's willing to carry you for a bit (by their standards).

overbyte

Thats good to hear. I might try my luck with one this weekend. I imagine that red raids are generally only held by guilds?

overbyte

Yeah. I'll stick to green pugs a bit until I get a bit more settled or into a guild - assuming that I play enough to merit that.

Khane

I rejoined Raid Guild just because they were like "Oh hey, welcome back, you can skip the raid quals".

We 5-manned a green raid 2 nights ago in about 20 minutes. I knew they were easy but I didn't think they were that easy. I do have to raid qual for reds with my hulk though.

Big 10 event should help with the lack of Omegas I have right now. Might buy some boosts to go with it. Anyone know of any stores doing a steam card promotion right now?

Khane

Best way to farm credits nowadays? Farm industry city boxes then open with a credit buffed Luke Cage?