Marvel Heroes 20xx

Volt

Molten Core Raider
Just for a point of reference, I've had 2 hero's drop for me so far and I'm only level 11. One from the Green Goblin in the prologue and the other off Rhino from chapter 2.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Everyone was saying how much fun Deadpool is but all I do is just sit back and shoot shit with my pistols. It isn't exactly what i'd call exciting combat.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I love Deadpools playstyle. Lil' Deapdool, roll into baddies, drop knee cap aoe deal, roll away and shoot all bullets. Takes a bit of time to get his good powers, but they're fun. Also, the little throwable party buffs (mini hulk looool) are pretty good in groups. The only negative is his regen, but it isn't even necessary once you get his health pack power up to level 6/7.

As for hero drops.... leveled 2 chars into the 20's in beta, and have deadpool almost done with the story in live and haven't seen a single costume or hero drop once. RNG ftl. Would love to grab Black Panther.....

Tenks

Maybe the issue is simply not having the skills. Because I've tried a ton of different things and the fastest way to kill a group of enemies is: If group > 3 and I can hit them all -- slice n dice until no spirit then shoot. If group < 3 then just shoot.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I don't even use his katanas, i went pistols 1-28. Regular fights are: lil' deadpool, stink bomb, teleport in (HOLY SHIT BODYSLIDER IS AWESOME), foot gougers. everything dies.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've got Cable to 11, enjoying it. AOE, AOE, pew pew and then AOE.

No hero drops for me yet, a couple of beta weekends ago I got a Colossus from trash early in the tutorial.

Tenks

Ok yeah the Caltrops/Lil Deadpool build is much better. I may need to guy a potion to do a proper respec but I think I'll just pray one drops.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Deadpool at higher level is actually pretty fun. Shoot All The Bullets is great straight boss dps and crowd annihilation. Foot Gougers is weird. DPS tooltip is total damage, not damage/second or at least that's how it works on training dummies, but I think it ACTUALLY does tooltip damage on mobs. Weird.

Basically Deadpool is like decentish dps and super group utility for boss fights. Lil' Deadpool tanking, Powerups for your group dps/heals, SAtB for DPS, Armor Buster for decent proc rate on basics/ armor debuff, and Get Better Quick for yourself. Throw in some sweet rolling and Foot Gougers action and it's almost fun to fight the same bosses 100x!

Also exp is way broken for groups. Some people get multiplied exp, some get diminished. I was getting 2x the exp of a guy same level as me and actually passed him. And no, I didn't have a booster on.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Bought the $200 or $60 pack for early access.

I moved the game to my SSD usinghttp://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/(cool utility) and it really helped the game it seems. All day I've been getting weird sound bugs and haven't had one in the 2 hours since I moved the game onto the SSD.
Honeymoon only took a day to wear off. Once you finish the storyline your content choices are 10~ daily instances, 10~ group (which as far as I can tell doesn't even make use of the god damn auto grouping feature that automatically runs throughout the entire god damn storyline) daily instances. there is no hell/nm/inferno style story rerun or anything else. Leveling pretty much slows way the fuck down after 20. Very disappointing. Game will be DOA after 3 months, really too bad because i was having so much fun until the brickwall of shit hit me in the face.
So are we looking at the $200 pack to unlock all the heroes the way to go here?
That's probably a no lol. While getting 20+ heroes off the bat for $200 is a deal considering the price of their other packages, how much is left for you to do once you get to the end and have all the heroes already?

I personally would probably get a $60 team package like x-force or x-men to start, price of a regular game and get 4 extra characters to play with, and would just grab the rest from drops.

Tenks

The game has effectively held my attention for a few days I don't feel cheated out of the $60 I dropped on it. Like others said I don't really see what the endgame point is at the moment. But I still have 4 other characters to play through. Well may not play another ranged character after Deadpool but I still have a few to try out. I think even the first play through is worth what I paid. Had I only waited a bit I could have played through for free as Hawkeye and probably gotten a similar experience.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so im gonna give this a go, is it in my best interest to buy the 20/60$ pack? just for the extra goodies? or just wait till tomorrow for the release and hope i can farm some heros.

The only hero i really want is deadpool, and i dont think i can get him in the 20$ pack wich blows.

Out of the free heroes you start with, who is the best to start out with i heard, scarlet witch will probably give that a go.

Tenks

Can someone tell me what stink bomb does? The description is lacking and it says it does 0 damage over 0 seconds.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
From what I've seen its a nice little poison explosion +dot if the mob stands in it. Looks just like green goblins bomb from The Raft.

Random thought - they need to fucking fix the "heal on injury" affix for bosses. Just made the Taskmaster daily nigh impossible!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not impressed with it. Played for a bit as Colossus, maybe I should try a different playstyle character. Sadly, the game won't load up now, it somehow thinks it needs to redownload the client.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
so im gonna give this a go, is it in my best interest to buy the 20/60$ pack? just for the extra goodies? or just wait till tomorrow for the release and hope i can farm some heros.

The only hero i really want is deadpool, and i dont think i can get him in the 20$ pack wich blows.

Out of the free heroes you start with, who is the best to start out with i heard, scarlet witch will probably give that a go.
I wanted Hulk but they sold out of the $20 Hulk Pack early. So now they get none of my money and I will farm with a freebie to get Hulk or lose interest, whichever comes first.