Marvel Heroes 20xx

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's a few of us in regulators but it's not a very vocal group. if we're on, we're definately not talking. i usually only play a few hours every couple weeks so my sample size is small

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Looks like big exp / item drop rate buffs coming in this weeks patch:

Fun Upgrade

We enjoyed playing with your guys this weekend and have a couple of upgrades we're making in the next patch based on our experiences and our desire to improving the game until we die of fun overload.

As you know, we are working to increase the fun of the game on a daily basis. We are usually on the exact same page about what fun is, so that makes things a lot easier.

With that in mind, we are making a few permanent buffs to the game that will increase the fun level. These will go into the patch Thursday:

Experience Changes

We've adjusted leveling time so it's quicker, especially for those who complete the story and run Legendary Quests.

The experience rewards for Midtown (above level 20), Legendary Quests (all levels) and Story Mode (all levels) have all been increased by anywhere from 20-50% depending on the level range.

We have not adjusted experience from terminal bosses, since it's already extremely efficient. Instead we are focusing on giving many more options for optimal experience gain. As a hero you will now be rewarded more for completing the story and defeating Doctor Doom, completely Legendary Quests for Odin and protecting civilians in Midtown.

These adjustments, along with the greatly increased experience from Legendary Quests (300%), will also make the buff from experience item affixes, potions and synergies correspondingly more efficient.

When we add Asgard and Bronx Zoo zones to the game, we will do another full pass of the leveling curve since the story will be longer and we'll ensure players are staying close to the level of the enemies.

We're also looking into adjusting experience of bosses to correspond with their difficulty. Giving a bonus to the hardest bosses, such as Doom. This will require a testing period, so will likely come out mid-October.

Item Rarity

We think it's fun to find more items, so we are increasing the chances significantly, to roughly be equal to the current weekend.

There is now an increased chance of finding a rare, epic, cosmic or unique item from normal and elite enemies. For players who like to tend to clear zones of bad guys, they will see a 50%+ increase in loot quality.

Similar to the experience changes above, will also make the buff from rarity find items affixes, potions and synergies correspondingly more efficient.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good to hear. I hated finishing the story knowing I'm just going to be grinding Hood for the remainder of the levels since that was hands down the best XP.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Gazillion is doing a great job with the game in my opinion. I enjoy playing it now and again and I'm impressed by everything they are adding.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Agree. I generally hate the F2P model but they're handling it remarkably well with this game. Some of the best player interaction with the developers I've seen in a long, long time.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Agreed. I was bummed that the XP weekend was over because it took forever to get to level 51 and would have probably started playing FFIV instead but then this happened and I can keep collecting shards and see who my next unlock is (Last time I got Rocket Racoon, who is way more fun than hawkeye).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My problem with this is having bought the ultimate pack. I have all heroes...my highest is Ms Marvel at 38 or so, then I have 2 in their twenties and about 10 in their teens. Just can't stick with one.
smile.png

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Thats why I only spent $20 on the game. I got a couple of heroes I wanted and I knew I would in some way be able to collect at least 1 more as I leveled to 60. It looks like I will be able get probably 2 - 3 more randoms before 60 easily.

I have not really used Black Widow or Wolverine either, I am still rocking out with The Thing.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also, in case any of you are closet furries, Squirrel Girl is on the Test Center. How that lame ass character got priority over guys like Gambit and Nightcrawler is a fucking mystery.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Gambit has way more abilities than just throwing charged cards. Squirrel Girl bites, claws, kicks and throws squirrels. Yeah, so interesting. And wtf? Writers? Readers? This is a fucking video game. Sure, she has a few lines in the game, but most of it is just chirping and shrieking. I give zero fucks about how interesting she may be in the comics.

Gazillion has a long list of heroes they're planning to add to the game and, in my opinion, some random furry bait shouldn't have been this high on that list.

Also, I'm Cajun. So, suck it.
cool.png

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Once again, for the short bus. We are discussing a video game, not the fucking comics. I haven't read comics in over 2 decades.

Also, today is my birthday. So, suck it.
cool.png

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've never understood the appeal of Gambit, I can't really remember a "holy shit, that guy is a bad ass" moment in comics involving him. SG beat Thanos and Fing Fang Foom. Advantage Squirrel Girl.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
squirrel girl beating thanos, deadpool, dr doom, and whoever else the writers want to throw at her, while cannon, is a pretty illigetimate comparison as far as power levels go. squirrel girl is, by definition, a joke character. she's similar to deadpool in that characterization, except deadpool started out as a serious character that no one liked and then the writers re-invented him specifically as a joke and people loved him.

the difference is that while most of deadpool's stories are going to be self-contained arcs that rarely, if ever, affect anything but his own books, he can still be taken seriously enough to pop in to one of marvel's crossovers and have a big impact. for example, secret wars. he's the one who killed the skrull queen which norman osborn took credit for and started H.A.M.M.E.R. And besides that, he was GREAT in x-force. he had is own personal flair and individuality, but he was taken seriously enough to work alongside the other x-force members.

i don't imagine squirrel girl ever being able to do that. outside of a characterization change, that is. She's kind of just her own thing. A nod to less serious aspects of comic book stories but it's VERY hard for her to ligetimately have an impact on the marvel universe and be taken seriously.

as far as gambit goes, he's got a big fan following. I'm not really one of them, but i guess i can understand it. he's had some pretty cool stories involving him. if i remember correctly, he's the one who blew up the future, causing the the future where bishop came from.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Only want to play gambit because bro was awesome in marvel versus capcom. Also bangs rogue.