Marvel Heroes 20xx

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So who's the most powerful ranged hero?

Also for whoever said Ms. Marvel can do cosmics with no gear/fresh 60: she seems like a pain in the ass to level (got her up to 45 and got sick of it) so wondering how that is...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most powerful non-rogue ranged hero is Dr Strange. Other top tier ranged heroes are Iron Man, Star Lord, and maybe Cyclops. Honorable mention to Cable, whose DPS isn't as strong, but with the buff to his uniques his TTK is good enough for red raids, and his teleport makes it super easy to avoid damage in raids.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Gambit is also a strong range hero. Has very similar times to Iron Man in terms of TTK. Just doesn't have the screen-clearing abilities of a ranged Iron Man. His signature is probably one of the best in terms of raw dps if used with Ragin'

Honorable mention to Cable, whose DPS isn't as strong, but with the buff to his uniques his TTK is good enough for red raids, and his teleport makes it super easy to avoid damage in raids.
Funny thing about Cable is he is pretty much perfect now as-is. Slap a signature on him, spruce up his Ult a little, and change Kinetic Repulse to something better and you're done. He basically doesn't need many changes. To me, he would be the easiest 52 review out of any hero

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gambit is also a strong range hero. Has very similar times to Iron Man in terms of TTK. Just doesn't have the screen-clearing abilities of a ranged Iron Man. His signature is probably one of the best in terms of raw dps if used with Ragin'

Funny thing about Cable is he is pretty much perfect now as-is. Slap a signature on him, spruce up his Ult a little, and change Kinetic Repulse to something better and you're done. He basically doesn't need many changes. To me, he would be the easiest 52 review out of any hero
He needs some kind of viable second spec. Right now the soldier tree is an abomination, and so is whatever the middle tree is called. Only viable spec is spam energy pulse while refreshing your dots.

Also needs a new ult, right now it's a complete joke. I think they already confirmed somewhere they'll be changing his ult to something like this.

rrr_img_81010.jpg

Forgot about Gambit though, which is funny cause I just recently bought the Gambit as Death bundle and ran him to 60. Problem with gambit is animation lock. Very hard to use his sig in red raids. Cyke has a similar problem but you can eat the damage loss and cancel Visor Off, which you can't do with 52 pickup.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
He needs some kind of viable second spec. Right now the soldier tree is an abomination, and so is whatever the middle tree is called. Only viable spec is spam energy pulse while refreshing your dots.

Also needs a new ult, right now it's a complete joke. I think they already confirmed somewhere they'll be changing his ult to something like this.

rrr_img_81010.jpg

Forgot about Gambit though, which is funny cause I just recently bought the Gambit as Death bundle and ran him to 60. Problem with gambit is animation lock. Very hard to use his sig in red raids. Cyke has a similar problem but you can eat the damage loss and cancel Visor Off, which you can't do with 52 pickup.
Seems most raid SGs have 2-3 Gambits in their red raids. So I assume there is a reason they use him moreso than most? Is it just due to his damage output?

I know the world-first red raid had 3 Gambits

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was only 2 Gambits, and they probably used them because Gambit was those players best geared heroes.

The enrage timers for bosses are not so strict that you have comp restrictions like in WoW.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The world first Slag kill also had a Hawkeye, but that doesn't make Hawkeye a top tier ranged hero.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
So who's the most powerful ranged hero?

Also for whoever said Ms. Marvel can do cosmics with no gear/fresh 60: she seems like a pain in the ass to level (got her up to 45 and got sick of it) so wondering how that is...
Crashdown Strike at level 47 IIRC is where it all comes together.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah crashdown strike is amazing. Just spam photonic blast until then.

*edit*

The ranged heroes we're listing are mainly from a raiding perspective, although Iron Man does ok with cosmics too. If you want a ranged hero who clears cosmics fairly easily with minimal gear, you can't go wrong with Storm.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Most powerful non-rogue ranged hero is Dr Strange. Other top tier ranged heroes are Iron Man, Star Lord, and maybe Cyclops. Honorable mention to Cable, whose DPS isn't as strong, but with the buff to his uniques his TTK is good enough for red raids, and his teleport makes it super easy to avoid damage in raids.
Hm, I have a Dr. Strange from a random box; only got him to 22. He seems a bit more complex to play but didn't seem that powerful for the effort...does he get better at a certain level? I also have Iron Man and just got Cyclops. Did Iron Man to 30 with a missile build but kind of annoying to play. Doing Cyclops now (just got him, only 10) to at least 50 for the XP synergy.

Crashdown Strike at level 47 IIRC is where it all comes together.
I have that already from items (granted it isn't high level) and it doesn't seem great. I'll give her some more time later, I guess.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I think they either need to buff everyone's damage up 10-15% (besides Rogue), or nerf Rogues damage down 10-15%. She basically gets the best of everyone and none of the weaknesses. Each ability she steals should be less efficient than the real hero.

For instance: Ragin' Cajun on Rogue should NOT reduce the cooldown on each crit, that should be one of the things that should be striped from her stolen version of the ability. Basically no reason to play other heroes for the most part, she is just too godly good.

/rant off

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
They also released her shortly after nerfing the Silver Surfer for 'balance' reasons.

I don't even play Rogue because the voice acting is awful and the gameplay is so boring.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, I have a Dr. Strange from a random box; only got him to 22. He seems a bit more complex to play but didn't seem that powerful for the effort...does he get better at a certain level? I also have Iron Man and just got Cyclops. Did Iron Man to 30 with a missile build but kind of annoying to play. Doing Cyclops now (just got him, only 10) to at least 50 for the XP synergy.
strange gets exponentially better as you level him because of the way his passive works. More abilities to cast, more build up of [resource name], boom cooldowns reset and rinse repeat. You arnt playing strange until youre cycling 5-6 abilities, you arnt really playing him until youre cycling 8-10+

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
So I hit 60 last night on Surfer. Later this week when the exp is redonkulous I'll grab the last ten levels on Hawkeye. I have all these random uniques in my inventory because someone said to save every one of them whether I use it or not. The question is am I better off farming tons of uniques until I find amazing stats or as a fresh 60 just upgrading the ones I can right now to help get through content?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as Halloween is going on you should use trick or treat buffs to gear fresh 60's. Just kill the bosses on red if your dude can't handle cosmics.