Marvel Snap

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mav_Stl

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, I've only been playing about 2 weeks and it was so much fun at first. I got to 82 last season but only CL 410 so still at the end of pool 2. However, since the reset this week we all lose 30 levels and now I am on the worst lose streak ever. I keep getting matched against everyone with the infinite card back from last season and a bunch of pool 3 cards that I'm not even close to getting. I'm also absolutely sick of everyone I go against immediately snapping on turn 1 then I have to decide to just leave and lose a cube anyway or stick it our and most likely lose 2. This has happened several times in a row where I'll lose 5-6 cubes on turn 1 without even playing.

Also the new location is just awful. Probably won't play for the next two days. I saw this article below that resonated with me.

Snap is starting to lose me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I ended rank 92 and just got over 1000 CL a couple days ago.

I have like no desire to play this anymore.

I think the main problem for me is the game length is actually too short to feel any meaningful gratification. It's really fun at first and winning felt great, but the burn out is so quick and it's very hard to have a "good" win anymore.

It's not like other card games with game lengths 2-3x as long and wins can still feel amazing even after playing for year(s)

It's a glorified mobile game and I have no idea how it can be taken seriously by the ccg community. I'm disappointed Ben brode sold out to this type of game. Maybe RIot should have poached him for LoR, it could have provided a much needed boost for that community.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Madikus

Knows nothing.
1008 CL and I still haven't seen wong, sera, Mr negative or arnim. Shit sucks. First gold cache was 100 tokens. Cool.

• 1Like

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had some shit luck pulling decent cards. Was sticking with a zoo deck for some time. Finally pulled a leader and built this thor/disruption deck. Basically I lock down 2 locals and leader last turn and I've been winning 80+% so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221207-183538_SNAP.jpg
    Screenshot_20221207-183538_SNAP.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
After initial burnout I've still enjoyed meat slapping with this deck just to keep up with daily quest progress
Screenshot_20221209-105730.png

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Star-Lord
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Groot
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdyb290In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1lZHVzYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Screenshot_20221209-105730.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
What rank are you? You don't seem to have any rank 3 cards in there.
Rank 1115

Have a lot of pool 3 cards like wong and other cool stuff but I just like this deck. Works well for me and is fun. I'm too lazy to look up other decks and learn them. I just want to login, hit play, and get my daily games done asap
Screenshot_20221209-193212.png

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
After initial burnout I've still enjoyed meat slapping with this deck just to keep up with daily quest progressView attachment 447041

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Star-Lord
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Groot
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdyb290In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1lZHVzYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

View attachment 446965
If you have Wong just swap Jessica and wong, that would have to up your win rate. Wong into tiger->Odin just seems like a natural upgrade. If you don't draw it you have Wong + iron heart, gamora, or any of the guardians/wolfsbane.

I am just jelly cause none of my pool 3s work well together, I have a discard deck but I always discard Hella

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure if there's a matchup calculation that measures how many cards you have from higher pools or what, but I feel like I tend to have better luck with my "Balanced" deck with a lot of T1/T2 cards. It might also just be that playing a random deck fakes people out and they're expecting something Meta to hit them that never does. Captain Marvel wins me a lot of games for obvious reasons. I also just pulled Nick Fury, so that adds another level of randomness on Turn 6 since it gives me a few different options for win conditions that I wouldn't have added to my deck otherwise.

Then I just add in all the counters with Killmonger, Cosmo, Enchantress, Shang-Chi, and Oden (to throw Hobgoblin back at them). I had someone quit the second Cosmo was revealed on his Wong lane yesterday. I only got 1 cube, but it felt better than some of the 8 cube wins.

But I'm still ranked low since I don't play much (compared to others), so as always, it's possible this stuff doesn't work the closer you get to Infinity.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
If you have Wong just swap Jessica and wong, that would have to up your win rate. Wong into tiger->Odin just seems like a natural upgrade. If you don't draw it you have Wong + iron heart, gamora, or any of the guardians/wolfsbane.

I am just jelly cause none of my pool 3s work well together, I have a discard deck but I always discard Hella
Yea I may try wong over JJ and see how it goes. Looks fun. I originally felt like wong is just overkill since white tiger Odin usually wins already and I'd be stuck with a 2 power wong over an 8 power JJ that is also strong. I'll try it a few and see

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This game is bullshit. I had built a nice little low level destruction deck and was clipping along just fine and then I got a need to re-login message and it wiped all my progress and set me back to the beginning.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This game now has a hacking problem. Folks dropping cards there is no way they have energy for. I have seen people pulling 6s on turn one and 14 pts in cards on turn 6. This is not 'first to fill get 2 6-cost that Zero' games. Pretty lame they need to clean that up. Couple names I recognize I retreat before even playing a single card.

• 1Picard

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This game now has a hacking problem. Folks dropping cards there is no way they have energy for. I have seen people pulling 6s on turn one and 14 pts in cards on turn 6. This is not 'first to fill get 2 6-cost that Zero' games. Pretty lame they need to clean that up. Couple names I recognize I retreat before even playing a single card.

I haven't seen any of this, what rank? Turn 1 could be explainable with the +5 energy location. Turn 6 could be anything: Death, She-Hulk, Mr. Negative...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Not that I don't believe it's possible, but I feel like the Snap subreddit would have posts about this if it was happening. Can you screenshot the game and post it next time you play one of the names you recognize or something like this happens?

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Not that I don't believe it's possible, but I feel like the Snap subreddit would have posts about this if it was happening. Can you screenshot the game and post it next time you play one of the names you recognize or something like this happens?

Yeah I plan to, just to show the impossible moves I saw were. I wasn't suspicious til I was matched back to back with same dude and he dropped a 6 pt 20 burger on me with 1st card. (no there wasn't a +5 this turn box)
the-infinaut.png

Not sure how this is possible as it appears like the entire game happens server side when cards pop right as timer expires.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There is also a location that puts a unit from hand onto the board.
So without a screenshot it's tough to believe it's not oversight on your part.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Welp digging around in the controls I found a Report User button and since there isn't a chat function to drop N-bombs, I can't think what that's for other than report haxx.

It certainly could be me being paranoid and not knowing all the mechanics. But some of the moves I have seen from those 2 specific players were Wait Wait What?

• 1Like