Marvel Universe stuff

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
F4 is one Marvel needs to have completely back for the villains alone. Galactus would be a good candidate for the next cosmic level threat to organize multiple phases of the MCU around.
Yes.... Doom, Super Skrull, Galactus are all very much important to the Marvel Universe and have some killer stories. I'm not a big FF4 fan but I will say they have some great moments and are a part of some awesome crossover moments within the Marvel Universe.

That's really my biggest concerns moving forward. When the Avenger's stars go their own ways and possibly leave the comic movie biz, some of the best stories have FF4 in them. There's other stories sure.. tons of them but when I think of my favorites of what haven't been touched, FF4 is in there quite a bit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I dunno since I don't read comics FF4 has been so burned into the ground that it is going to take a lot of time and a lot of effort to make me not hate everything about them.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, if and when marvel gets ff4 back, I think they'll do fine as long as they skip the origin story. Just start the movie off with them already being the first family of new York. In this day and age of superheroes, we don't need an hour of screen time devoted to "pre-nehative zone" ff4. Listen, these guys have superpowers, new York likes them, moving on

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes.... Doom, Super Skrull, Galactus are all very much important to the Marvel Universe and have some killer stories. I'm not a big FF4 fan but I will say they have some great moments and are a part of some awesome crossover moments within the Marvel Universe.

That's really my biggest concerns moving forward. When the Avenger's stars go their own ways and possibly leave the comic movie biz, some of the best stories have FF4 in them. There's other stories sure.. tons of them but when I think of my favorites of what haven't been touched, FF4 is in there quite a bit.
Dr Doom done right could be the next Big Bad after Thanos.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Honestly, if and when marvel gets ff4 back, I think they'll do fine as long as they skip the origin story. Just start the movie off with them already being the first family of new York. In this day and age of superheroes, we don't need an hour of screen time devoted to "pre-nehative zone" ff4. Listen, these guys have superpowers, new York likes them, moving on
You see, I'm not too sure that the previous two origin movies were enough to give us the complete picture. Marvel should probably do it again anyway, just because no one has any idea who the fantasteic four are. (I don't believe any of what I just typed)

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I think it works in their favor, or maybe just having bad comic books movies in general works in their favor?

This way we really appreciate what they have given to us.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
FF4 are stupid and antiquated and Marvel should just let Fox have that worthless IP.
FF is shit but their related characters are very much worth trying to get back by Marvel. Infinity War without Silver Surfer is
frown.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
You see, I'm not too sure that the previous two origin movies were enough to give us the complete picture. Marvel should probably do it again anyway, just because no one has any idea who the fantasteic four are. (I don't believe any of what I just typed)
Didn't the recent one change their origin story? You almost have to do at least a small amount of origin to set up the reboot (which they would certainly want to do at this point).

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yes you would have to do origin, but the film could open on the experiment which finishes before the title card. Cut to indeterminate point in future where powers are established.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sure, you'd need an origin just to bring everyone up to speed. But you can do it without it taking up 2/3rds of the film. Take a page out of deadpool's playbook and show the origin through several flashbacks. Start them out as huge celebrities, then show the origin. Or you could show the origin in a 5 minute monologue.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also they are still making money off the X-Men properties and not failing as bad as the last Spidey reboot. Behind Disney/Marvel they are making the best superhero stuff imo.
See this is what confuses me. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 made $709 million world wide, X-Men: Days of Future Past, made $747 million world wide. It was NOT a financial bomb. There were issues with the plot yes, as it was supposed to be setting up "The Sinister Six" and the Spider-Man Universe. It was certainly not as terribad though as BvS.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck the Fantastic Four. Fuck them right in the ass.

Silver Surfer is a cool dude though.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
See this is what confuses me. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 made $709 million world wide, X-Men: Days of Future Past, made $747 million world wide. It was NOT a financial bomb. There were issues with the plot yes, as it was supposed to be setting up "The Sinister Six" and the Spider-Man Universe. It was certainly not as terribad though as BvS.
Dude both Amazing Spidey movies were terribad. Jean Ralphio was a terrible cast, and they were just horrible all around. I couldn't make it through either one (redbox) more than 45min or so before shutting them off.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
North America:
Spiderman 1: 403M
Spiderman 2: 373M
Spiderman 3: 336M
Amazing Spiderman 1: 262M
Amazing Spiderman 2: 202M

Worldwide:
Spiderman 3: 890M
Spiderman 1: 821M
Spiderman 2: 783M
Amazing Spiderman 1: 757M
Amazing Spiderman 2: 709M

The movies have done worse with each release, both in North America and Worldwide, in North America the last one made half of the first Spiderman and that's not adjusted for inflation.

They were simply not going in the right direction with the franchise.

That's what Sony saw, the franchise was going downhill fast and needed a change of direction, and they probably didn't know exactly where to go from there...so they went to Marvel.

For Fox, X-Men Days of Future Past is by far the most successful X-Men movie worldwide, and for the most part the movies have been going uphill at the box office...so they are in a different position than Sony.

Also Sony has Spiderman only...X-Men and pretty much anything mutant related means that Fox has a MUCH larger universe to play with. They have no real incentive to ever make a deal with Marvel, even with Fantastic which gives them access to a lot of characters they might just use in the X-Men universe if they want.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, that's a good point, perhaps. IS there anything stopping them from using any/all of the characters, as long as they don't call them mutants? I'm not sure what exactly allowed them to use SW/QS in the MCU, if there was any more to it than that.

If I had to guess, FOX has any official "X-man" on lock-down regardless, but they might be able to use Doom if they skirt around certain things?