Marvel Universe stuff

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
stop, stop my penis can only get so erect.

so fucked up how DC is trying to skip ahead here when the blue print to sucess has been available for nearly a decade now with the way marvel is doing theres.

Marvel made 4 stand alone films and even a sequel to one of them before they even introduced the team, and introducing the real bad guy (avengers 1). Then they made a bunch of sequels to those stand alones and a secondary team introduction (GOTG) before having the team come back together in Avengers 2. then they started doing cross over films while introducing even more new characters before finally getting to the movie where the team of good guys actually fight the bad guy. 10 years and eleventy billion dollars later we finally get Infinity War, the movie they've been building up to since the beginning.

DC made a solo superman film that was a critical and financial flop, then jumped immediately into the equivalent of Avengers 1 (the team is introduced, and we learn about the ultimate bad guy) in BvS, which was also a critical and financial flop. Then they made their GOTG equivalent introducing a seperate team (Suicide Squad) again critical and financial flop. They then did their 2nd solo introduction film, their equivalent of Captain America 1 (Wonderwoman) their first critical and financial success to date. And they're already rolling out their version of infinity war which is Justice League, just to beat marvel to the bunch. expect critical and financial flop from that too.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
I've watched the Hulk trailer at least 10 times. I need an HD version of that Infinity War trailer in my life asap

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
For all of the issues that the DC movies have had you can't really call them financial flops. Suicide Squad made almost double it's production budget in it's domestic take alone and almost $750 million world wide. I'm pretty sure WB was happy with it on that front. BvS made over $100 million more than that globally while costing a lot more to make but they probably consider that a financial underperformance at worst. MoS was the closest they've had to a flop but it was the first in a series where each movie has done better financially than it's predecessor. It's on the critical end that they've got problems they can't ignore long term and continue to expect the financial side of things to stay at least somewhat healthy.

All of the behind the scenes drama they keep stepping in makes things seem worse than they actually are though they're still shaky even when you discount all of that.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The Ant-Man 2 news kinda got overlooked in the midst of all the trailers for everything else at Comic Con.

Michelle Pfieffer is going to play Janet van Dyne (original Wasp), Walton Goggins will be Sonny Burch, and Laurence Fishburne was cast as Dr. Bill Foster (Goliath).

Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp.jpg

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
If it's not Michael Peña telling the entire story through flashback narration it's already lost me.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
First time I watched Ant-Man I disliked his character, but subsequent viewings I realized he was the real hero and had really underappreciated his dumb comedic take on everything.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Suicide Squad made almost double it's production budget in it's domestic take alone and almost $750 million world wide.

This makes me sad since that movie was a giant steaming pile of shit literally from start to finish.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Suicide Squad literally turned my stomach when female nick fury executed her staff for no reason. What the fuck is that doing in a comic book movie?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Suicide Squad literally turned my stomach when female nick fury executed her staff for no reason. What the fuck is that doing in a comic book movie?

You're kidding right? That was basically the part of the movie that was faithful to the source material. Amanda Waller does shit like that, she's a fucking awful human being who is no better than the villains she uses.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's fine but have a payoff for it. Either she fucking dies or she meets the families and either has guilt or is set up for next film bad guy.