Marvel Universe stuff

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
All Jackman would have to do is similar to the First Class appearance I believe where he was sitting in the bar. If there was an Avenger movie where someone just crashed into a bar or tossed an enemy in there and Wolverine was sitting there and did anything from a smirk or punching someone, that would go a long way. There's all kinds of fan service that could be done if people are willing to get some serious fan reaction. I would if it was me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
All Jackman would have to do is similar to the First Class appearance I believe where he was sitting in the bar. If there was an Avenger movie where someone just crashed into a bar or tossed an enemy in there and Wolverine was sitting there and did anything from a smirk or punching someone, that would go a long way. There's all kinds of fan service that could be done if people are willing to get some serious fan reaction. I would if it was me.

If Marvel does fully integrate the X-Men into the MCU they're going to want someone who will play the role for a decade at least. Jackman isn't going to sign up for that and it would be at least weird and confusing a worst if he's playing the role here but not there.

Royal

One potential fly in the ointment with the whole deal could be the Fantastic Four. Fox doesn't wholly own the rights to them. Constantin Film owns the production rights and Fox has a distribution deal with them and it's not a given that the distro rights themselves are transferable. Constantin will probably end up wanting to play ball with Marvel either way, hopefully.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
for this whole decade Disney is in too much of a buying frenzy to NOT make a really strong bid for Fantastic Four if its not inherently part of the Fox deal. only way i see it not happening is if those Constantin Films guys are retarded. what are they going to do, hold out for a better offer? there isn't anyone that can offer more than Disney anymore.

• 1Worf

Royal

If they decide to go for the bird in the hand. It would be less work for them on their end. Those rights are on a development clock so they can't just squat on them.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
for this whole decade Disney is in too much of a buying frenzy to NOT make a really strong bid for Fantastic Four if its not inherently part of the Fox deal. only way i see it not happening is if those Constantin Films guys are retarded. what are they going to do, hold out for a better offer? there isn't anyone that can offer more than Disney anymore.

Even if Disney gets FF back I hope they sit on it for at least 10 years so that the stink from the last movie is forgotten.

I don't even expect any X-Men reboots into the MCU for 5 years. I am just worried about what will happen with Deadpool.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

They did make Fant four stick, so I do question their average intellect.

Royal

This also gets episode 4 rights in disney's hands as well.

As far as we know. There are some out there who think that Lucas actually got the distribution rights back when he was shopping around a deal for the prequels and he just never disclosed it publicly. They base it on changes to the copyright markings for Ep 4 that occurred for editions issued after that deal went down. Those changed from 20CF to Lucasfilm.

And it's not a relevant change in any way that matters to most people (getting the original cuts remastered and reissued). Lucas himself is the hold up there (and apparently his ex-wife may be involved in the matter somehow as well).

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fantastic Four actually needs someone to reinvent them because they could not be more boring and meh, Ultimate Richards can be somewhat interesting as a villain as The Maker as you could pull some great body horror with it alongside some Black Mirror type tech story. Other then that I don't know anyone who gives a shit about them or a real reason too, everything they do is already filled by some other Marvel character that people enjoy more.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wait. Does this mean we get Deadpool as an Avenger like the comics? Good lord.

i doubt we'll see any major crossovers for several years. and on top of that, they will probably stay far away from deadpool. Deadpool will, i'm sure, make references here and there but for him to show up in the MCU it would be problematic from a PR standpoint as avengers is pg-13 and deadpool is hard R. if he shows up in an avengers film, you get all these kids who want to see deadpool (they already do, i know). same reason why spider-man's not going to show up in venom.

Royal

Spider-man won't show up in Venom ... for now. Sony has Holland signed to a 6 picture deal and the arrangement with Marvel is for 5 films. They have one more on the hip than can use him for if they don't extend their agreement with Marvel. Though they would probably use it for some sort of transitional play if they decided they don't want to stick with him in the role for some reason. But in theory they could put him in a Venom movie if they wanted to.

Cybsled

Easy solution for Deadpool: Make a spinoff studio that is still fully owned by Disney, but allows them to release things w/o the Disney name attached to it. They've done it before.

Royal

Or just keep 20th Century Fox around to serve that purpose. It's an incredibly minor thing but it would be a shame to see the searchlights and fanfare disappear from the movie landscape.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hopefully this means Silver Surfer shows up in GotG

Fantastic Four actually needs someone to reinvent them because they could not be more boring and meh, Ultimate Richards can be somewhat interesting as a villain as The Maker as you could pull some great body horror with it alongside some Black Mirror type tech story. Other then that I don't know anyone who gives a shit about them or a real reason too, everything they do is already filled by some other Marvel character that people enjoy more.

The best FF movies has already been made in The Incredibles. The FF origin story is so lame it is hard to make a good movie where the first third is them getting exposed to some radiation or whatever and all manifesting different powers.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If they do bring the X-Men into the MCU, I hope they scrapped everything that Fox has done and start fresh.

The best time to introduce them is probably after Avengers 4, and have something to do with the Infinity Gauntlet/Thanos that start mutations in humans, and go from there. That mutants are a new thing.

I'm more excited about the FF to be honest, well for Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus really.

I could definitely see Galactus being the big bad for the next storyline if they get those rights back. He's an amazingly complex character, and they can do a lot with him.

There's so much that opens up though by having X-Men and FF back if that happens.