Marvel Universe stuff

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Christ Evans tweeting about the prospective Fox/Disney deal.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have a feeling they're going to screw up Dark Phoenix and it's one of my favorite character / stories. I already don't care for the actress but oh well. I mean, how do you screw up FF, Galactus, Silver Surfer, and Apocalypse? By screw up, I mean just get absolutely panned by critics and fans, completely blow the chance to destroy every rival movie, and establish a long-term franchise with extensive merchandise catalogue lol. Heck, the MCU movies are replacing acres of Disney park properties now and making a fortune. Just grinds my gears...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think that Disney/Marvel just has an appreciation or respect for the source material that is missing at Fox, Sony and WB where they only seem to see it as a means to make money.

Don't get me wrong Disney/Marvel is in for the money too, but just has more respect for their franchises.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Best thing for Disney to do if they aquire Fox, is keep Fox Studios/X Men as a seperate brand for R Rated Superhero Movies - since that's not normally a Disney thing to do. Have some more Deadpool movies and bring X Men back to the present day with R Rated stuff. Then reboot Fantastic Four into the MCU like they did Spiderman, while reimagining some so far unused X Men characters like they did Scarlet Witch.

Or they could have Scarlet Witch have Quicksilver revived infront of her in Avengers 4, only to die again when the gauntlet is destroyed or something. She goes nuts and accidentally reaches out to the X Men Alternate reality for Evan Peters Quicksilver and merges the universes... but that's stretching credibility a little too far I think...

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Well if some of the chatter coming out of the current shooting for Avengers 4 is true retconing X-Men and the others into the current MCU won't be a problem, narratively.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a feeling they're going to screw up Dark Phoenix and it's one of my favorite character / stories. I already don't care for the actress but oh well. I mean, how do you screw up FF, Galactus, Silver Surfer, and Apocalypse? By screw up, I mean just get absolutely panned by critics and fans, completely blow the chance to destroy every rival movie, and establish a long-term franchise with extensive merchandise catalogue lol. Heck, the MCU movies are replacing acres of Disney park properties now and making a fortune. Just grinds my gears...
well if they're still intent on using sansa as jean grey, then it'll just suck cuz she sux as jean.

I'm not saying famke did a better job either, she was horrible too

Royal

go on....

Some people in Atlanta who have been seeing some of the shoots in progress (and snapping pics with their phones apparently but I haven't seen any of them) have been saying that some members of the cast are looking like they did in some of the earlier movies and even some actors who played currently dead characters have been seen on set. So it looks like someone is putting the Time Stone through it's paces in A4.

It would be a little tired for the X-Men but mutants could always be introduced in some way as an unintended consequence of playing around with time.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sophie Turner sucks playing the passive, weak, feeble character, but I'd say she's f'n awesome playing the angry, mean, serious character. Which may bode well for Phoenix.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sophie Turner sucks playing the passive, weak, feeble character, but I'd say she's f'n awesome playing the angry, mean, serious character. Which may bode well for Phoenix.

She's just not a good actress. She has no acting chops whatsoever.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly kinda hype if they are doing Spider-verse, some really fun designs outta that run.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just recently found this guy, and I have decided that wherever possible, I'm going to get my superhero news from him simply because of his delivery. Particularly bad news, because how can you be mad at the news when you are laughing at him?

It wouldn't be that hard for me to imagine that he secretly posts here under the name Brahma either, which would make it even more awesome.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Jackman going out on Logan is just too perfect really. He probably regrets answering that question about being in an Avengers movie in a way that allowed for any ambiguity (though if you read the full interview that lead to all the speculation he did make it clear he's done). I could see him showing up in Deadpool 2 as himself but that's about it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The other thing I noticed about that Tyrone Magnus Youtuber is that he does most (if not all, only watched a few) of his videos as one long take instead of the current trend of endless fast cuts. God does that start to annoy me after awhile. Sometimes they don't even have to be on screen, I can hear the cuts in their commentary.