Marvel Universe stuff

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Curious to see what comes of all of this.... Honestly, they really probably just wanted to get their missing pieces back in place. Disney has really been aggressive as of late. They are dumping a ton of money into their parks and resorts. I have to say, they're making tons of money but they're just not sitting on it like some stingy old men, the customers are at least getting "something" for it all.... even though we are paying for it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Curious to see what comes of all of this.... Honestly, they really probably just wanted to get their missing pieces back in place. Disney has really been aggressive as of late. They are dumping a ton of money into their parks and resorts. I have to say, they're making tons of money but they're just not sitting on it like some stingy old men, the customers are at least getting "something" for it all.... even though we are paying for it.
hopefully they'll just use the rights properly, like kill the FF, forever but have dr. doom be the big bad in avengers 5 or some shit, and of course magneto throwing around ironman is always fun.

fris

Vyemm Raider
just get a post credit scene of Ironman walking into a bar, walking up to Wolverine and before he can ask his question, Wolverine tells him to fuck off. then Ironman can say, "fine, we'll get someone else"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They're wanting to get lots of content for their streaming service. Fox not only gives them a huge library, but lots of IP's for cranking out new content, and a controlling stake in Hulu to utilize as their streaming service should they want to.

I present your newest, though slightly tarnished, Disney princess:

latest

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They're wanting to get lots of content for their streaming service. Fox not only gives them a huge library, but lots of IP's for cranking out new content, and a controlling stake in Hulu to utilize as their streaming service should they want to.

I present your newest, though slightly tarnished, Disney princess:

latest
well once they get the xmen back, they can just use the brood
No-Name-Brood-Marvel-Comics-Hulk-Warbound-e.jpg

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Brood are based off of xenomorphs, iirc, now X-Men can fight the real thing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
plus no bryan singer to fuck it all up since he'll be busy w/ all those rape cases

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

I just hope they leave FX alone. Landgraf is running the hell out of that channel right now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Wow I didn't think if that angle, if Disney pulls all their content from Netflix, plus Fox content, that's a pretty big blow.

• 1Like

Royal

A deal this big is going to end up having a lot of angles everyone overlooked in the lead up. Especially with the discussions having focused so heavily around just the movie properties.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Nice run down and some help visuals of what's happening here. Definitely an interesting move by Disney but when you see all the moving parts in this deal and exactly what they gain, this kills a lot of birds with one stone. Pretty smart move imo depending where they go from here with it.

Royal

Disney-Fox Deal: Bob Iger Discusses Digital Future, James Murdoch, Hulu and $2B Cost Savings
http://deadline.com/2017/12/disney-...l-future-hulu-and-2b-cost-savings-1202226884/
We’re also looking forward to expanding the Marvel cinematic universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool

'Deadpool' Can Stay R-Rated at Disney, Says Bob Iger
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651
"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

I'm not getting a vibe of full confidence in that Deadpool quote. And I still have a very hard time imagining Ryan Reynolds getting the amount of free reign he obviously had with the first one once they're in house with Disney. Something like that strapon scene would simply never happen in a MCU movie.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Off to sees the Jedis tonight and Disney has me thinking about future MCU movies. Fuck, screw it all let them buy everyhing. Can someone call up the Star Trek people and get something done? How about a straight up purchase of DC Comics and WB?

Royal

Well Avengers 4 finished shooting today. Probably one of the few franchises that can cause people to try and interpret the meaning of cake (and yes, it is a potential spoiler with 3 not even being out yet).

Black Widow's hand??? Combined with the news of a Widow solo movie being in early development it's making me rethink the chances of them killing her off.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
plus no bryan singer to fuck it all up since he'll be busy w/ all those rape cases
I rewatched XMen 2 recently and realized the whole thing is basically a metaphor for gay persecution, it's pretty creepy.

• 2Worf