Marvel Universe stuff

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Thank god they didn't. If past generations of Spider-Man are any indication, what a shit show that would have been.

Sony's Black Panther movie woulda been:

jdokr4zd.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That exchange just shows you how sad the state of affairs is. Yondu fucking Udonta got a much better send off than Luke fucking Skywalker.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
That exchange just shows you how sad the state of affairs is. Yondu fucking Udonta got a much better send off than Luke fucking Skywalker.
Shit... he did... that actually happened...

He was just a decent secondary antogonist in GotG1, they really made him shine in GotG2.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That send off in GotG2 was tear-jerking. I loved it.

Where as Luke's was more like this.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not really worth starting the Dark Phoenix thread yet, but the movie got pushed to a 2019 opening (Valentine's Day) from November 2018, reportedly because of scheduling difficulties with reshoots that were prompted by test screenings.

New Mutants was moved all the way to August 2019 and has had multiple attempts made to make it scarier (introducing an entire new character). One report I read said as much as 50% of the film will be different from the original cut. That sounds like a clusterfuck.

spronk

FPS noob
New Mutants was moved all the way to August 2019 and has had multiple attempts made to make it scarier (introducing an entire new character). One report I read said as much as 50% of the film will be different from the original cut. That sounds like a clusterfuck.

The New Mutants stuff isn't as bad as it sounds. So Fox hired this director to make the movie, and he pitched a scary horror type of comic movie, which they rejected. So he filmed what they wanted, a regular standard comic movie with some horror elements but not a lot.

Then It (the clown movie) does huge in theaters. So Fox decides the directors original idea is good, and give him permission to redo the movie as he originally wanted. So he's doing that now.

Its a lot of money thrown away but end of the day its the director doing his vision and the studio backing him, so hopefully it turns out good. Its not a case of the studio meddling or the test screening being bad.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Deadpool and Logan are the two best things to happen to the Fox franchise, and it seems they're actually taking that to heart. Give the directors/writers a little more freedom, have a more hands off studio approach, and most importantly give the people what they want. You'll usually get a better product. Usually....

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Russo brothers name drop Secret Wars, Charlie goes into some Fox deal stuff.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fantastic Four is dumb. Just give us Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Fantastic Four is dumb. Just give us Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus.

Silver Surfer and Galactus' first appearance was Fantastic Four #48 and Dr. Doom was FF #5. Following how the MCU develops their storylines and characters, it only makes sense they would do FF first. I'm assuming they'll bring in Doom as the first villain and then move to cosmic and introduce SS and Galactus. It's a shame that has already happened but it's always possible they pull a Dr. Strange and bring Doom, SS, and Galactus into one movie. Guess we'll see.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Silver Surfer and Galactus' first appearance was Fantastic Four #48 and Dr. Doom was FF #5. Following how the MCU develops their storylines and characters, it only makes sense they would do FF first. I'm assuming they'll bring in Doom as the first villain and then move to cosmic and introduce SS and Galactus. It's a shame that has already happened but it's always possible they pull a Dr. Strange and bring Doom, SS, and Galactus into one movie. Guess we'll see.
if anyone was smart, they'd make a DrDoom trilogy where he wins the first two movies

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users