Marvel Universe stuff

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
a guy who was leaked a few months ago and was right about all the stuff in End game leaked this about future MCU projects

-Thunderbolt trilogy: Cast (Zemo, Ghost, Justin Hammer, General Ross, and the Abomimation)
-Villian is The leader (incredible hulk villain tease)

so there's your phase 4. Sounds pretty boring but whatever, if its good I'll watch if it isn't I don't care, I got 10+ fantastic MCU movies to keep me entertained forever.

I would be excited for a Thunderbolt trilogy but I have always been a big Hulk fan ever since I was a little kid. Hopefully it gives us Red Hulk.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Phase 4 supposed to be announced later this summer. We have 2 movies in 2020, 3 in 2021, and 3 in 2022. Of those we know we are getting:
Doctor Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Black Widow
Shang-Chi
The Eternals
Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

So we are only missing 2 movies in the next 3 years. I am assuming one will be Captain Marvel 2 that leaves one up in the air.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Phase 4 supposed to be announced later this summer. We have 2 movies in 2020, 3 in 2021, and 3 in 2022. Of those we know we are getting:
Doctor Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Black Widow
Shang-Chi
The Eternals
Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

So we are only missing 2 movies in the next 3 years. I am assuming one will be Captain Marvel 2 that leaves one up in the air.

maybe they'll cap the Phase off with another Avengers movie? once they establish a new set of characters to come together under the Avengers moniker?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
maybe they'll cap the Phase off with another Avengers movie? once they establish a new set of characters to come together under the Avengers moniker?

Could be, but for some reason I feel like It may be a bit longer before we get another Avengers movie. Like 2023 at earliest. I don't think the list I gave is all the Phase 4 movies. It's just going off the release dates we know and what we know is coming.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't assume GotG makes it out in 2022. Gunn isn't starting it until The Suicide Squad is finished, and that has a 2021 (probably Summerish) release date. Yeah, he can start on his next movie before the press tour for Squad is over, but even a November 2022 date seems ambitious.

Similarly, Thor 4 (Thour?) doesn't seem likely in that window either, Taika Waititi has the Time Bandits show and keeps getting linked to the live action Akira, though that may have just been until Thor was agreed to.

Both a Dora Milaje and Lady Avengers spin offs were floated, though I dunno if either should be expected by 2022.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I wouldn't assume GotG makes it out in 2022. Gunn isn't starting it until The Suicide Squad is finished, and that has a 2021 (probably Summerish) release date. Yeah, he can start on his next movie before the press tour for Squad is over, but even a November 2022 date seems ambitious.

Similarly, Thor 4 (Thour?) doesn't seem likely in that window either, Taika Waititi has the Time Bandits show and keeps getting linked to the live action Akira, though that may have just been until Thor was agreed to.

Both a Dora Milaje and Lady Avengers spin offs were floated, though I dunno if either should be expected by 2022.

Last I had heard it starts filming beginning of next year.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Will there be a Thor 4? It kind of seemed like he was linked to the GOTG at the end of Endgame? I wonder how many they will make in all. What a crazy, huge universe.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Will there be a Thor 4? It kind of seemed like he was linked to the GOTG at the end of Endgame? I wonder how many they will make in all. What a crazy, huge universe.

Thor confirmed for Asgardians of the Galaxy 3.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is a Dora Milaje spin-off an actual based rumor? Because I can’t think of anything that would make me want to see that. I think I’d voluntarily see Captain Cheese Theft before that.

Holy hell phase 4 is going to be hilarity.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Is a Dora Milaje spin-off an actual based rumor? Because I can’t think of anything that would make me want to see that. I think I’d voluntarily see Captain Cheese Theft before that.

Holy hell phase 4 is going to be hilarity.

I've heard it too. The only thing I could think of to make it reasonable would be a low-powered, more human movie like Winter Solider where they are tracking Kraven the Hunter. However, I don't think Marvel has carte blanche access to Spider-Man villains. Afrofuturism is a cool aesthetic, in my opinion, so a spy thriller in that vein I think could work, since we saw they do inflitatration work in BP, but I don't know who they use as a villain, or why it couldn't just be part of Black Panther 2

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it's unusual for a movie or 2 to open on weird days during July 4th week. Similar to Christmas Day openings. Spider-Man is a little weird cause shows are all day on the 2nd instead of just starting at 7pm like a normal Thursday release.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have no doubt that a black, gay, captain America is just what they would do because it would perfectly fit the sjw narrative.
We need Black Panther to be gay.

The libs will love it then get triggered when their pet black people complain.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Kevin Feige did an AMA on reddit, not much info, but a few interesting things:

Here is a list of all the interesting/insightful reveals from the Feige AMA (as opposed to the ones where he is just being cute or talking about himself - these are purely about the MCU and it's future

• We will hear details on Phase 4 “SOON ENOUGH”
  • The Disney+ shows will weave “TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY” into the film universe
  • Nothing was mentioned about existing Marvel TV series in the entire AMA (which leads credence to the theory that they are essentially non-canon, and Kevin will get proper creative control over all the new Disney+ shows)
  • THERE ARE PLANS to reintroduce The Ten Rings and the ‘real Mandarin’ from Iron Man 1 and One-Shot “All Hail the King” into the future MCU
  • Some Marvel characters that he’s loved for many years that are heading to the MCU “SOON”
  • There is potentially more cool Hulk stuff coming in Phase 4 (similar to the cool Hulk stuff from Ragnarok, IW and EG)
  • The MCU is planned specifically 5 years in advance, with a general plan extending “much, much further”
  • They are looking into new and “fun” ways to explore the world of the MCU similar to the Marvel One-Shots
  • He loves bringing back characters that people think they’ve seen the last of
  • It is all but confirmed that Hulk (“Smart Hulk”) ensured the safety of unsnapped people when he brought them back (aka people in planes when they were snapped etc)
  • Cap was always worthy of Mjolnir and was simply being polite in AoU
  • Stan Lee read the story of Endgame but not any cut of the film before his passing
  • They began discussion on adapting the Infinity Gauntlet saga in 2012, decided to do it as 2 films in around 2014, and started story specifics during the production of Civil War (2015ish)

Maybe the most important being: "he also confirmed Michael Peña filmed a recap of the past 11 years of Marvel as his character Luis."

• 3Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cap was always worthy of Mjolnir and was simply being polite in AoU

Totally knew it since Cap didn't struggle to pick up Mjolnir in Endgame, he just yoinked that fucker and started slaying. Imagine if Cap had Mjolnir in Civil War or Winter Soldier. Would've been much shorter movies.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I kinda wanted a reaction shot of the past Thor doing something important but having his Mjolnir ripped right out of his hand when future Thor took it.

• 3Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rewatching GOTG. How did they do Groot so perfectly? He’s this huge, strong, sweet, magical character. He’s amazing in the movie, by far steals the entire movie. Why do you think they kinda sidelined him for everything else?

It’s just every scene with him is perfect.