Marvel Universe stuff

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rotate Winter Soldier and Civil war.

Winter Soldier is probably the best told story in the series. From the title, to the music, to the casting, and the story ; it hits every note with perfection. The dialogue was written beautifully(and Ideally reused in Endgame) and it did not try to oversell itself.

"Infinity" War was a very close second but Winter Soldier was the Masterpiece.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rotate Winter Soldier and Civil war.

Winter Soldier is probably the best told story in the series. From the title, to the music, to the casting, and the story ; it hits every note with perfection. The dialogue was written beautifully(and Ideally reused in Endgame) and it did not try to oversell itself.

"Infinity" War was a very close second but Winter Soldier was the Masterpiece.
scarjo was still fresh w/ red hair and didnt look like some used hag yet
scarlett-johansson-black-widow-1108x0-c-default.jpg

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Popcorn
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Just lots of thoughts after Endgame:

Phase 4 should introduce Doom early and obviously not kill him as he'll be the brains behind a lot of stuff. At the end of Phase 4 Galactus or something else massive is the threat, and Doom will show up to help. He lives on earth also, so he's invested in saving the planet.

A good portion of the movie is Doom shit talking the heroes about how foolish they are and none of this would have happened if they only had the intellect to see the vision behind his plans. Also they can't do shit about it because they do need his brains to defeat Galactus.

No more Time Stone: Dormammu isn't going to be a problem if he's anything like the comics (In his first fight with Dr. Strange, other creatures started to invade Dormammu's realm. Dr. Strange stepped in to help when it was clear Dormammu was going to lose. After the battle Dormammu was pissed because he had a code of honor where he wouldn't kill Dr. Strange after getting his help). Basically, a deal is a deal, and early comics Dormammu isn't going to go back on his word even if the time stone isn't on Earth anymore.

However, Dr. Strange 2 would be cool if all manner of vicious things are looking to grab earth now that the Sorcerer Supreme no longer has the time stone.

Black Widow movie: It's a last movie for Romanov, and an origin story for a new Black Widow. Takes place during the 5 years after the snap. Romanov secretly trains some women to be her successor, determined to make sure they won't fail like she did against Thanos.

She sends them away on their final mission, keeping them in the dark about her going with the Avengers in Endgame. They infiltrate the facility easily, but Hulk undoes the snap on the other side of the world. Suddenly there's a shit load more guards than when they came in. Two of the three die while escaping, and the last one comes back to a recorded message from Romanov. She's approached by Fury and works with him as she takes the mantle as the new Black Widow.

She shows up in other Phase 4 MCU movies like Romanov did, and it'll be a nice touch that the audience knows her background, but she's a mystery to the other heroes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

Phase 4 should introduce Doom early and obviously not kill him as he'll be the brains behind a lot of stuff. At the end of Phase 4 Galactus or something else massive is the threat, and Doom will show up to help. He lives on earth also, so he's invested in saving the planet.
Everyone expects Secret Wars. That's the easiest way you get to make an ensemble cast at the end of a movie arc. They just need not to be greedy and take their time setting things up.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yep and it's technically the epilogue to Phase 3. Whatever movie comes next is the beginning of Phase 4
Except that the first films will likely be the Black Widow prequel, and then Eternals which is minorly if not at all related to anything so far.

I kinda get the impression everyone took vacations after Endgame was plotted and they'll figure it out once the building block movies are out.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Except that the first films will likely be the Black Widow prequel, and then Eternals which is minorly if not at all related to anything so far.

I kinda get the impression everyone took vacations after Endgame was plotted and they'll figure it out once the building block movies are out.

I'm actually wondering if they are gonna go a few movies with no hint at a big bad or a linking story. If there is a new big bad introduced it will be in Eternals.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually wondering if they are gonna go a few movies with no hint at a big bad or a linking story. If there is a new big bad introduced it will be in Eternals.
Let's not forget, Thanos wasn't teased until the first Avengers movie, which was 4 years after Iron Man. And then he wasn't even mentioned again until GotG, I believe. There is zero reason to tease a big bad early on unless they want to make him/her/it a part of multiple films for years. I wouldn't be opposed to that line of thinking, but it sort of limits what you can do in a lot of those films, especially depending upon who it is. Galactus, for example, doesn't need to be in Spider-Man 3 or Doctor Strange 2. He could be, sure, but it isn't needed at all.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The problem is that if there are any mcguffin's in phase 4 people will instantly try to tie them to the next big bad. I don't think many people at the time thought the tesseract, loki's scepter, or the aether would be all powerful infinity stones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

A good portion of the movie is Doom shit talking the heroes about how foolish they are and none of this would have happened if they only had the intellect to see the vision behind his plans. Also they can't do shit about it because they do need his brains to defeat Galactus.

No more Time Stone: Dormammu isn't going to be a problem if he's anything like the comics (In his first fight with Dr. Strange, other creatures started to invade Dormammu's realm. Dr. Strange stepped in to help when it was clear Dormammu was going to lose. After the battle Dormammu was pissed because he had a code of honor where he wouldn't kill Dr. Strange after getting his help). Basically, a deal is a deal, and early comics Dormammu isn't going to go back on his word even if the time stone isn't on Earth anymore.

However, Dr. Strange 2 would be cool if all manner of vicious things are looking to grab earth now that the Sorcerer Supreme no longer has the time stone.

Black Widow movie: It's a last movie for Romanov, and an origin story for a new Black Widow. Takes place during the 5 years after the snap. Romanov secretly trains some women to be her successor, determined to make sure they won't fail like she did against Thanos.

She sends them away on their final mission, keeping them in the dark about her going with the Avengers in Endgame. They infiltrate the facility easily, but Hulk undoes the snap on the other side of the world. Suddenly there's a shit load more guards than when they came in. Two of the three die while escaping, and the last one comes back to a recorded message from Romanov. She's approached by Fury and works with him as she takes the mantle as the new Black Widow.

She shows up in other Phase 4 MCU movies like Romanov did, and it'll be a nice touch that the audience knows her background, but she's a mystery to the other heroes.
You had me in the first half, but the latter half with Black Widow is pretty lame, inconsistent, and just generally bad. Her origin story should be as simple as her meeting Hawkeye and the reason for red in her ledger. Literally does not need to be more than that, or tie into anything, or setup for any future appearances.

Fadaar

That guy
Outside of Black Panther and Endgame that chart is pretty accurate. Maybe Homecoming a bit too high as well but not as bad as the other two.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Infinity War is way fucking low

Yeah that one baffled me a bit. The other ones that are "off" I at least understand why. But I thought everyone -- normies, geeks, casuals, hardcore fans, trolls, white knights etc etc etc, literally nearly everyone -- loved Infinity War.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that one baffled me a bit. The other ones that are "off" I at least understand why. But I thought everyone -- normies, geeks, casuals, hardcore fans, trolls, white knights etc etc etc, literally nearly everyone -- loved Infinity War.
that's cuz these fucking critics think they're "edgy"
cb571317a9ca03ea0a45fa3e85097c8d.png

jesus christ, these retards don't even talk like humans... "and the ending falls flat"!!!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users