Marvel Universe stuff

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Chris Hemsworth is expected to reprise his career-defining role as the Asgardian god of thunder.

giphy.gif

plz no cunty valkrye

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
So I guess with Hela being the daughter of Odin/Freya that means Angela is out right, at least in proper form?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If I get Beta Ray Bill and Adam Warlock finally, and maybe even in the same movie, my life will be almost complete.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm curious now as to how much involvement Hemsworth will have in the next GOTG film since supposedly he's rolling with that crew now. Would love to see Waititi do the next GotG as well, but apparently Gunn will do that since his "firing" was a fake news delay tactic...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If I get Beta Ray Bill and Adam Warlock finally, and maybe even in the same movie, my life will be almost complete.
Beta Ray Thor better be the script. With Ragnarok done, what else would be better?

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Beta Ray Thor better be the script. With Ragnarok done, what else would be better?
That's what I wanted initially as well, but now it would be a lot less impactful. The whole draw to the comic was that BRB was the first being to ever pick it up besides Thor (after Odin enchanted it anyway), because he was worthy. Now, we've already seen someone else use it (two in fact, if you add in Vision), so that's not as big of a deal. And in the comics, Odin made Bill another one because he didn't want to take Mjolnir from Thor. Odin is gone now, and while technically there is a spare hammer floating around (and Stormbreaker already exists in the wrong form...and as far as I know doesn't have the "worthy" enchantment either), do we make a 3rd hammer for him now? Who even makes it? Sure, maybe Tyrion is still alive out there, but I doubt he's just chilling waiting to make another hammer.

They've really messed up the ability to do that story now, so I have no clue what they'd do with Bill now. But I still want to fucking see him, and I do want him to wield the hammer, I just don't know how they can make all of that as momentous as it was supposed to be.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think they still can do him well, albeit a bit differently. Here's an outline of what they could do, not going into any sort of details cuz I'm not a writer. :)

Do something similar to what Captain Marvel did with the Skrulls. Introduce him clearly as the villain which wouldn't be hard considering his appearance. Have no hints that he might be good.

Have Thor meet him clearly thinking he's a villain. So during their fight, he wrestle Mjolnir somehow from Thor, and uses it astonishing Thor, but unlike Captain America who had seem Mjolnir being used for years and aware of it's capabilities, Bill isn't and cannot fully control it, and Thor regains control of it...and stops the fight because obviously not everything is at it appears to be.

They join force to defeat the real bad guy. Movie ends.

Credit Scene: We're on Nidavellir, and it shows Eitri forging something, with Bill waiting in the background.

You only see Bill with his own hammer in another movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think they still can do him well, albeit a bit differently. Here's an outline of what they could do, not going into any sort of details cuz I'm not a writer. :)

Do something similar to what Captain Marvel did with the Skrulls. Introduce him clearly as the villain which wouldn't be hard considering his appearance. Have no hints that he might be good.

Have Thor meet him clearly thinking he's a villain. So during their fight, he wrestle Mjolnir somehow from Thor, and uses it astonishing Thor, but unlike Captain America who had seem Mjolnir being used for years and aware of it's capabilities, Bill isn't and cannot fully control it, and Thor regains control of it...and stops the fight because obviously not everything is at it appears to be.

Credit Scene: We're on Nidavellir, and it shows Eitri forging something, with Bill waiting in the background.

That's a great idea really

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, not a bad idea, but it will be like the Mysterio thing for those of us that read the comics. We all knew Mysterio was more than what he appeared to be, so it wasn't a surprise. Same thing for Bill starting as a villain.

However, I know that they can't just cater to the readers, and we all knew what Thanos and the Infinity Gems were capable of, and it was still awesome when they did it. So there's hope they can do this right.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

It has been a long long time since I read Bill's intro but isnt that basically it? Thor finds a derelict ship with Bill on it and thinks he is the villain based on looks etc. And if I recall Bill beats his ass and take the hammer?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It has been a long long time since I read Bill's intro but isnt that basically it? Thor finds a derelict ship with Bill on it and thinks he is the villain based on looks etc. And if I recall Bill beats his ass and take the hammer?
Pretty much, yes. It has been a long time, but I think there was some shenanigans with the hammer turning back into a walking stick and Thor into his "human" version, Donald Blake, because they were separated for too long during the fight. And Bill picked up the stick and swung it, accidentally replicating the "tap it on the ground" mechanic that turns Blake into Thor. It turned Bill into Beta Ray Thor at that point.

If I'm remembering correctly. I'm sure I could find the comic panels if I tried.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty much, yes. It has been a long time, but I think there was some shenanigans with the hammer turning back into a walking stick and Thor into his "human" version, Donald Blake, because they were separated for too long during the fight. And Bill picked up the stick and swung it, accidentally replicating the "tap it on the ground" mechanic that turns Blake into Thor. It turned Bill into Beta Ray Thor at that point.

If I'm remembering correctly. I'm sure I could find the comic panels if I tried.
Yeah that sounds right. I think the last panel was "boom" "flash" Beta ray Thor.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This community has ruined me and when I first read Beta Ray Bill I thought it was some SJW reference.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
News coming out from SDCC.

So far we have:

The Eternals - Nov. 6th 2020
Angelina Jolie as Thena, Richard Madden is Ikaris, Lauren Ridoff is Makarri, Brian Tyree Henry as Faustus, Lia McHugh as Sprite, Kumail Nunjiani, Don Lee as Gilgamesh and Salma Hayek as Ajax the Leader.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - February 12th 2021
Only cast so far is Awkwafina and Simu Liu as Shang-Chi. Apparently dude just got cast on Tuesday.

Also:
Loki in Feb. 2021 and Falcon and Winter Soldier show confirmed.