Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Blade 2 is one of the most rewatchable Marvel movies. I'm sure Ali will be great but I think these will feel way different. Which is probably a good thing because Snipes really owned the role I think.
I have a feeling they will change it enough. Truthfully not worried about it. I like the weird shit they are doing this phase.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Still shocked the new Blade isn't female, seeing as we are making everything female these days.

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sold. Snipes was an action star with a solid resume in 1998. The closest Ali has ever come to an action role is voicework for Into the Spiderverse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I saw someone mention Michael Jai White being a better fit, which I agree with. He has the action chops and just has a more Blade look to him.

So with the Multiverse definitely in now, I'm guessing that's how we are going to get Fantastic Four and X-Men? FF could be interesting, but getting their villain stable is big, especially Doom and Galactus.

X-Men is main thing I enjoy from Marvel so even though it sucks to wait, glad they are getting a couple years to figure out how they wanna do it. Honestly the multiverse thing helps, as I'd rather they have their own setting and issues to deal with, than be a part from the main MCU stuff.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Haha I came to post that about Thor just to see you sad fucks get riled up about it and already one of you did. You never disappoint me FoH.

By the way the 3 year comic run was actually very good. Should try reading it someday.

No one was complaining. Also, that run sucked balls. Drawn like dogshit, and had dialogue that was bad for a comic...Bad...for a comic. The story was also shit. It took Gorr's great story and shit on it. Lets be clear though, you thought "this was very good". If you like garbage like this, I don't know why you comment on the opinion's of others, you're clearly a retard.

As for the movie, I honestly don't care enough to point out the obvious. I'm just tickled that you guys feel so ashamed about being wrong about how this cancer would spread that you chose to come here preemptively to defend the stupid BEFORE anyone got a chance to complain. Look at how fucking weird your post is, its literally like you're an NPC programmed tor respond regardless of if anyone else actually complained. Hah. Sensitive much dude?

image-20150227-16151-1fr3tym.png

Last edited:
  • 4Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Pretty much, yes. It has been a long time, but I think there was some shenanigans with the hammer turning back into a walking stick and Thor into his "human" version, Donald Blake, because they were separated for too long during the fight. And Bill picked up the stick and swung it, accidentally replicating the "tap it on the ground" mechanic that turns Blake into Thor. It turned Bill into Beta Ray Thor at that point.

If I'm remembering correctly. I'm sure I could find the comic panels if I tried.

Yes, this is it. But it didn't turn him into Thor. Like with Cap, it just gave him Thor's powers and armor. It didn't literally change him into Thor. Its why people didn't like the Unworthy Storyline, because it materially changed Jane Foster into Thor from the ground up. Unworthy Thor might have been a far better story had they just made someone else worthy without literally becoming Thor (Because it fucked the symbolism they were trying to go for up...All Gods are unworthy, yet...this human ascending to Godhood is now worthy, lol.) Thor's soul searching when he loses his hammer has always been great; but they just had to take it that step farther in the unworthy story to try and make a point.

Hopefully Marvel Films treats it like they did Captain America picking up the hammer, where Jane being "Thor" is just her having the powers. If that's all mixed into a Beta Ray origin, it could be a damn good movie.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Mahershala Ali came out at the very end wearing a cap that said Blade. I'm not mad about that casting. He was the best part of season 1 Luke Cage.

Seeing Ali as blade will be great. Dude is an amazing actor and can play the grim 'thousand yard stare' guy really well. He'll make a great Blade. Which I'm happy about, Blade and Spider Man were pretty much my two favorites. I still remember going to see Snipes as Blade opening night before Marvel Comic book movies were a "Thing"--I was blown away by how well it was done (Even as a kid was expecting really hoakey shit--at the time, the last comic book film was Batman 4..lol)

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
No one was complaining. Also, that run sucked balls. Drawn like dogshit, and had dialogue that was bad for a comic...Bad...for a comic. The story was also shit. It took Gorr's great story and shit on it. Lets be clear though, you thought "this was very good". If you like garbage like this, I don't know why you comment on the opinion's of others, you're clearly a retard.

As for the movie, I honestly don't care enough to point out the obvious. I'm just tickled that you guys feel so ashamed about being wrong about how this cancer would spread that you chose to come here preemptively to defend the stupid BEFORE anyone got a chance to complain. Look at how fucking weird your post is, its literally like you're an NPC programmed tor respond regardless of if anyone else actually complained. Hah. Sensitive much dude?

image-20150227-16151-1fr3tym.png

View attachment 216051

Is that real text or is that like someone overwriting it with completely retarded shit?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Is that real text or is that like someone overwriting it with completely retarded shit?

That's real, it was in the comic. There are multiple equally retarded passages just like that one too. I'm not joking when I said the comic had bad dialogue even for a comic, it was just...awful. It was akin evangelical comics, where the characters were just so unbelievably hammy and weird that you physically cringed while reading it.

In addition, the whole story was just...bad. The symbolism was all over the place and there was no real coherent theme (Mostly due to the double think required to slog through absurd character choices). It was essentially a picture perfect display of how utopian standards eventually result in nihilism; that 'god like' powers require uninteresting, hollow heroes with only shallow, impotent passions or else they don't deserve to exist. (If I didn't know better, reading through it I'd have thought Unworthy was satire on a lot of modern archetypes which rip the humanity out of characters in order to show some evangelical image of an ideological vessel. It was THAT over the top with its messaging...and yet, also completely serious.)

Just a really bad comic..and shockingly, NOT because of female Thor. She was...terrible, but she was "bone headed writer, gimmick" terrible, and we've seen plenty of that in comics. The issues ran much, much deeper; it was depression and nihilism put into written form. Except the final message was not to rage against such forces of entropy, but to succumb to them and accept it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Black Widow: Meh since she's dead so not sure where it'll lead, but I hear Taskmaster is a great villian. I'll watch it.

Etetnals: Looks SJW, do not want. Will wait for trailer, may be a GotG situation.

Dr Strange & Scarlet Witch: Excited for this, will pirate WandaVision to prepare.

Thor 4: Excited to see the old cast back with the new director. Based on an SJW comic book but the director more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

Shang-chi: It's China bait, I'll wait for the trailer.

Blade: Yeah the old ones were cool? Make it R rated. Nice surprise.

Sounds like it's a setup phase, shit will get bonkers when FF4 and X-Men are added.

If anyone follows comicsgate you'll know that Jane Foster as Thor is the least of our worries.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
How do you pull off Jane Foster Thor? Natalie Portman can't actually be Thor. She's too petite. I don't see how they do this.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Mjolnir is still shattered though? Cap took the out-of-time one back where it belonged.

Yeah, but it's reasonably obvious that Thor has leveled up to "King Thor" mode and is in the process of taking Odin's mantle. At that point not too crazy to say he starts learning how to harness the Odinforce, and as such when he finds that Jane or Beta Ray Bill is in need he gathers up the pieces of Mjolnir, takes them to Tyrion McGiantdwarf and gets it reforged. He then gives new hammer to Jane (or alternatively Beta Ray Bill). Considering the stretches they've made elsewhere in these movies this almost seems trite in comparison.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
was scrolling through this link from Marvel summarizing the announcements from yesterday with my girlfriend, filling her in on all the news i had heard from the panel yesterday:

and when we get down to the new Thor movie and she sees that the name is "Love and Thunder" she exclaimed, joyously "that's fucking awesome!" then i warned her that the movie will feature Natalie Portman as female Thor, she screamed "no!" nearly irrevocably, and left the room in a decisive fit of bruised fandom.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i bet Natalie Portman had turned down female Thor years ago, and then when she saw Captain Marvel this year she said "fuck this i could do so much better," called her agent and said "i know i turned down female Thor but screw it, i'm in."

Chris

Potato del Grande
i bet Natalie Portman had turned down female Thor years ago, and then when she saw Captain Marvel this year she said "fuck this i could do so much better," called her agent and said "i know i turned down female Thor but screw it, i'm in."
I think she more likely turned down Avengers and Thor 3 appearances for having a lame girlfriend or damsel in distress role, now it's a meatier role she's interested.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think she more likely turned down Avengers and Thor 3 appearances for having a lame girlfriend or damsel in distress role, now it's a meatier role she's interested.
There was an interview with her saying she would come back if the role was right before Ragnarok came out.