Marvel Universe stuff

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So...Phase 6 is gonna have both Kang and Doom as villains? That answers my big question all this time, which of them it'd be. They can leave Galactus for Phase 9 I guess before rebooting the whole thing.

Weird that P4 and P5 don't have Avengers capstones. Feels like there's no point in dividing them into phases without that. Might as well just be one big phase.

Well, I'm somewhat interested now that we have some sort of actual outline/point to the current MCU.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Weird that P4 and P5 don't have Avengers capstones. Feels like there's no point in dividing them into phases without that. Might as well just be one big phase.

Oh yeah, this entire Phase 4 / Phase 5 division just sounds like marketing nonsense.

"We know you've been disappointed in Battle for Azeroth Phase 4, and yeah, we still have some of that material coming out, but ignore that, we've got Shadowlands Phase 5 coming out soon! We know people really didn't latch on to our new storylines in BFA Phase 4, so don't worry, we're going to go back to the only thing we do well, rehashing our past successes Avengers movies!"

I guess I am slightly more interested in Marvel going forward, but until I see a sign they have long term plans other than 'Remake our past successes without those pesky white males', I'll be content with catching up on Disney+ every couple months.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Will give Daredevil shown a try. Will watch guardians 3 and maybe ant man. The rest? Who?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm interested in Blade, mostly because of the actor. The original was pretty good and really stood out for its time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They obviously reshuffled a lot with the pandemic delaying things. Remember that originally Phase 4 was still done by 2022 but that it also contained several of the films and projects now in Phase 5.

I'm not sure how the mutants will fit in thematically with the multiversal stuff unless its gonna result in Secret Wars = Crisis on Infinite Earths and we end up with mutants merged into the mainline MCU at the end of it to kick off phase 7.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am waiting for
1658682216116.png

Of course there is a good chance he becomes a Black Woman. They might leave him as a white male since he is the Bad guy.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm interested in Blade, mostly because of the actor. The original was pretty good and really stood out for its time.
Wesley Snipes was 35 years old, a lifelong martial artist, and a rising action star when Blade came out. Mahershala Ali is already 48, his only background outside of acting is some half-assed rap album, and the closest he's been to an action role was voicing Prowler in Spiderverse.

I'll be blown away if this new Blade movie isn't an absolute trainwreck.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wesley Snipes was 35 years old, a lifelong martial artist, and a rising action star when Blade came out. Mahershala Ali is already 48, his only background outside of acting is some half-assed rap album, and the closest he's been to an action role was voicing Prowler in Spiderverse.

I am in the same ball park when it comes to Blade. I have a very difficult time associating any new actor with that role. The new movie will have to get some awesome reviews before I consider pirating it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Since when was a combat background necessary to star in the MCU as a superhero?

You know Hayden Christensen isn't actually a magician, right?

• 2Garbage

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since when was a combat background necessary to star in the MCU as a superhero?

You know Hayden Christensen isn't actually a magician, right?

No one is saying it can't be done. But it's a lot easier and better to film when your actor knows what he's doing and you don't have to 100% rely on stunt doubles and CGI

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

He was one of the villains in Luke Cage.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Secret Wars will be hot fucking garbage if they don't bring back the original Avengers.

I suppose Beyonder has that power though so that's fun. I have serious doubts.

I also think that would be better served being a series.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm going to guess that:

P4: Establish the multiverse
P5: Establish and fight Kang in the multiverse
P6: Multiverses merge again so that X-Men can be in the main MCU

• 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
They are floundering and they know it. All of this intersectional BS is a huge fail, and while making Namor Aztec is just soooo Woke, to me that is actually crossing the line to be insulting Sambo-ism. I think that will actually turn Latino audiences off because its so obvious a pander: Blacks got their Wonderland, now look: It's LATINXVERSE UNDER THE SEA. And they're at war until they join forces against the MAN, SUPERWHITE.

Feige is such a clown. Ironheart is neck and neck with America Chavez as the worst comic character in the last 20 years. We are always saying, stop retro-stealing characters, make your own: In this case they decided to do both.

Happy to see DareDevil, lets see how they can fuck that up since they have screwed up literally everything since Endgame, and they previewed the coming clusterfuck there. Once the Fantastic Four casting is revealed, Disney Marvel will have nothing left to offer. GotG 3 maybe but I don't trust them to not fuck that up, too. I loved Adam Warlock/Magus as a kid but I would bet on a comet wiping out modern civilization before we would see Marvel deliver a good version of the Adam Warlock/HIM story.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
huh didn't expect marvel to go in that direction, seems a little too grim dark for an ant man movie

• 2Like
  • 1Rimshot
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
huh didn't expect marvel to go in that direction, seems a little too grim dark for an ant man movie

guess i should have checked the channel name first. ya fuckin got me.

pretty wild theres only an 11 year difference between Ali and Snipes

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The full Marvel film-only release slate from 2023-2026 is as follows:

February 17th 2023 – “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania”
May 5th 2023 – “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3”
July 28th 2023 – “The Marvels”
November 3rd 2023 – “Blade”

February 16th 2024 – Untitled Marvel
May 3rd 2024 – “Captain America: New World Order”
July 28th 2024 – “Thunderbolts”
November 8th 2024 – “Fantastic Four”

February 14th 2025 – Untitled Marvel
May 2nd 2025 – “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty”
July 25th 2025 – Untitled Marvel
November 7th 2025 – “Avengers: Secret Wars”

February 13th 2026 – Untitled Marvel
May 1st 2026 – Untitled Marvel
July 24th 2026 – Untitled Marvel
November 6th 2026 – Untitled Marvel

What those untitled films are is unclear but one is almost certainly “Deadpool 3” with Marvel’s Kevin Feige saying a year ago they already have a release window in mind.