Marvel Universe stuff

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only watching any of this new Marvel shit if this guy is playing Doom. And he gets to rap through the entire movie, preferably with some cartoon characters.

And not even edit, I haven't even posted this yet, but apparently he died in 2020. So fuck that idea.

Mf Doom GIF by UPROXX

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only watching any of this new Marvel shit if this guy is playing Doom. And he gets to rap through the entire movie, preferably with some cartoon characters.

And not even edit, I haven't even posted this yet, but apparently he died in 2020. So fuck that idea.

Mf Doom GIF by UPROXX
MF Doom rips.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

wonder if the Russos are coming back for Secret Wars

it doesn't feel like any of this shit is connected to anything else at all other than cameos

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Secret Wars was before my time, but that has to be a continuation of Kang Dynasty, right? I suppose the Avengers (whoever the hell is in the Avengers, that is) could fuck up the timeline enough that the Beyonder portals them in, but that doesn't seem like enough setup.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yup, I'm 100% done too. Thor wasn't really any good, and they forced so much queer shit in that just to force it. Nothing remotely needed to be in there.

And now making Prof X black? Fuck that shit. Sick of this. There is NOTHING I'm remotely interested in regarding Marvel going forward. It officially ended with Endgame (IW & Endgame are perfect). Spiderman NWH is only worth watching for the scenes with all three spiderman, otherwise boring. Fucking ruined this entire franchise with all the fucking faggotry.

Funny thing is, on the other side of the spectrum, people are complaining that the movie wasn't queer enough and that it Queerbaited people into seeing it. There was nothing "so gay" about this movie other than a few throwaway gags (no pun intended).

The Queerbaiting before the movie launched was stupid, because it was promising something the movie had no intention of delivering on, just to drive up woke points with the keeds.

Pretending to be woke is the new corporate "give us money plz" strategy. They don't give a flying fuck about actual wokeness, or representation. Same companies that relentlessly portrayed Arabs as bad in the 2000's while letting us know how pro-troops they are. They go wherever the wind blows and pretend they were already there.

• 2Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀

now they are just shit posting

I smell them trying to go for broke. Lean into the only content/reaction generated by that abortion of a movie, which was a few memes about how shitty it was/how nobody saw it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never saw Morbius, but I think people would rather have Matt Smith back over Jared Leto.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are they going for a Black/Mexican gang fight theme with Wankada vs Aztec warriors?

I doubt that, but choosing an Aztec theme for Atlantis makes them a bit more visually expressive than the standard Earth 616 version of Namor and company. Marvel's Atlantis has always been incredibly dull from a design perspective. The traditional look would have looked like they were just ripping off Aquaman to any casual observer, so I think this is a wise move.

I did not realize that Riri Williams AKA Ironheart was part of this film, but there she is at 1:38 in the trailer.

I do hope they have the Russos back for the next Avengers duo, but given their close proximity in release dates it would imply that they are a part 1 and a part 2 yet Kang and Secret Wars are not traditionally linked. I suppose Kang could either replace the Beyonder or perhaps the multiversal shenanigans could lure the Beyonder into doing something to resolve things in Secret Wars.

It does feel a bit weird that Fantastic Four doesn't show up until shortly before what is likely the resolution of the Kang stuff. They are likely going into Phase 6 assuming that Fantastic Four is a hit as it no doubt leads directly into the other bits. Still no actual sign of mutants, however, other than Ms. Marvel.

• 2Like