Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Only a freak of nature would use anti dandruff shampoo as lube and end up with dandruff dick

Dude whatever shampoo I used back then, it dehydrated my dick, and my dick ended up looking like a 8 bit dick with like 10 polygons or whatever. It was awful. I couldn't jack it any more without extreme pain.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did people not like Far from Home? I finally got around to watching it last night and I thought it was really good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Far from home was _good_, but how much was nostalgia for the old movies?

Structurally, its kind of a mess, relying on Ned being a better wizard as a noob (at least at sling rings) than the goddamn Sorceror Supreme, weird inclusion on villains (Electro knew Spiderman was Peter Parker, but didnt know Peter Parker was a white guy?), people dropping in and out based on vfx budget (he stayed in the car!), and Peter wanting to redeem villains that are about to die back in their home timeline?

And the kicker is this is clearly the best movie out of Phase 4! I'd love to see the postmortem - was Phase 4 Feige taking a pass and letting the new kids set things up (to disastrous results), did Covid really screw up rewrites that badly, is this them running out of Marvel fanboys who were killing themselves to make their passion projects, or is this diversity over competence rearing its ugly head?

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think one of the issue is the loss of some major actors/characters like Robert Downey, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Chadwick Boseman(fuck cancer). The casting of these actors is as good as it gets, and they were major players.

Add to that the end of the Infinity War saga, and having to start a new one. Phase 1 started small, with small stakes and more personal issues. The infinity stones were in the background and not necessary the focus...not as the Infinity Stones anyways. The story build up over the years to a massive ending. The crossovers didn't happen until The Avengers.

They are starting this phase without setting the stage like they did with the Infinity War saga. We right in the middle of the Multiverse stuff, with world ending stakes already. Every movie is a crossover with tons of character to keep track off, not enough time spent with them and keeping the stories personal.

Add to this the final nail in the coffin, diversity. Understand that I don't mind MCU becoming more diverse, sadly they are so focused on being diverse that they do it at the expense of talent, and ultimately quality end product. It doesn't have to be this way, but they are trying way too hard to push for it.

I'm stiff enjoying the MCU for the most part, but it's defenitely weaker than before. Whether they can address that before it falls too deep into mediocrity remains to be seen. Right now I think they still use COVID as an excuse to lower box office numbers rather than the product being of lesser quality, they won't be able to use that excuse forever.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think one of the issue is the loss of some major actors/characters like Robert Downey, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Chadwick Boseman(fuck cancer). The casting of these actors is as good as it gets, and they were major players.

Add to that the end of the Infinity War saga, and having to start a new one. Phase 1 started small, with small stakes and more personal issues. The infinity stones were in the background and not necessary the focus...not as the Infinity Stones anyways. The story build up over the years to a massive ending. The crossovers didn't happen until The Avengers.

They are starting this phase without setting the stage like they did with the Infinity War saga. We right in the middle of the Multiverse stuff, with world ending stakes already. Every movie is a crossover with tons of character to keep track off, not enough time spent with them and keeping the stories personal.

Add to this the final nail in the coffin, diversity. Understand that I don't mind MCU becoming more diverse, sadly they are so focused on being diverse that they do it at the expense of talent, and ultimately quality end product. It doesn't have to be this way, but they are trying way too hard to push for it.

I'm stiff enjoying the MCU for the most part, but it's defenitely weaker than before. Whether they can address that before it falls too deep into mediocrity remains to be seen. Right now I think they still use COVID as an excuse to lower box office numbers rather than the product being of lesser quality, they won't be able to use that excuse forever.

I'd bet real money if Feige still had that exec keeping him in check (can't remember name), Phase 4 would be just as good as Phase 3. Maybe the post-Infinity War doldrums would have had a small effect.

Great casting can be repeated. Good stories can continue to be written and adapted. They've just chosen a shit direction to steer the ship.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude whatever shampoo I used back then, it dehydrated my dick, and my dick ended up looking like a 8 bit dick with like 10 polygons or whatever. It was awful. I couldn't jack it any more without extreme pain.
You talk about this and I get a True Blood Flash back...

1660338716092.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Far from home was _good_, but how much was nostalgia for the old movies?

Structurally, its kind of a mess, relying on Ned being a better wizard as a noob (at least at sling rings) than the goddamn Sorceror Supreme, weird inclusion on villains (Electro knew Spiderman was Peter Parker, but didnt know Peter Parker was a white guy?), people dropping in and out based on vfx budget (he stayed in the car!), and Peter wanting to redeem villains that are about to die back in their home timeline?

And the kicker is this is clearly the best movie out of Phase 4! I'd love to see the postmortem - was Phase 4 Feige taking a pass and letting the new kids set things up (to disastrous results), did Covid really screw up rewrites that badly, is this them running out of Marvel fanboys who were killing themselves to make their passion projects, or is this diversity over competence rearing its ugly head?

Not sure if you Mist Mist are confused, but Far From Home is the second Holland movie where he fights Mysterio in Europe

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Failed spectacularly then
I dunno man, we have people on this page of the thread unironically talking about what acoutrements they use for jerking off like thats normal

For an intact man, all thats needed is to reach down and take care of business

Nobody said it was an absolute ban

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I just watched No Way Home and it was quite a mess as I hadn't seen those spider man movies in a long time, and had skipped the bad ones which is most of them.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I dunno man, we have people on this page of the thread unironically talking about what acoutrements they use for jerking off like thats normal

For an intact man, all thats needed is to reach down and take care of business

Nobody said it was an absolute ban

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Try to make it as a stand alone film. Can probably do some kind of flash back that spins it off of Ragnarok or something.

spronk

FPS noob
i think there were a lot of rumors about a World War hulk D+ TV show, since i think putting Hulk in a standalone movie violates the Universal agreement (only they can make movies featuring Hulk) while obviously with She-Hulk a TV show with Hulk doesn't.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
might be cool if they make a world war hulk with a super evil alt-hulk in another universe, then have that evil hulk be one of the big bad guys in the multiverse fights(secret wars?).

I want to say world war hulk cant happen on mcu earth, but after eternals they clearly don't care about continuity like that anymore.