Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Between Star Wars being dead as a movie franchise, and rather clear doubts about Cameron banging out an Avatar every other year, Disney can use all the Marvel films it can come up with.

Besides, the majority of Marvel shows (and arguably Star Wars shows) would have been much better off as slimmed down movies.
Ob1 Kenobi was so much filler, it easily could have been a 90minute film. if you think about it, what really happened? Obi is poor, Leia gets kidnapped. he gets a call to rescue her. he leaves for where she is kidnapped, rescues Leia, heads home to save Luke. thats it. thats barely a movie and they made that 4 hours long.

Goatface

Ob1 Kenobi was so much filler, it easily could have been a 90minute film. if you think about it, what really happened? Obi is poor, Leia gets kidnapped. he gets a call to rescue her. he leaves for where she is kidnapped, rescues Leia, heads home to save Luke. thats it. thats barely a movie and they made that 4 hours long.
there are 2 fan edits out that cut it down to 2:20 and 2:50

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I wonder if that means they didn't think they had enough to make 6 hours worth or something. Or maybe they want some bigwig actors who only do movies.

That didn't stop them on any of their other shows

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Obviously some properties wouldn't work - as much as we _say_ we wanted Multiverse of Madness to focus more on other timelines, would a What If that entirely changed storylines, characters, setup, etc. every 15 minutes before the big team up at the end be comprehensible? Similarly, would WandaVision The Movie get the same effect from swapping between TV eras every 15 minutes?

On the other hand, a Falcon and Winter Soldier that skipped the laughable racial loan subplots and weird originally virus? plotlines would be far more bearable, and things like Hawkeye would be great as a movie:

Same opening with Dad dying in Avengers.
Open to current time with Clint already training Kate.
Intro action sequence - hell, keep it the auction, with Clint admitting his defacto fall to the darkside when the rest of his family basically died. Have Kate be competent but raw.
Brief scene with Clint checking in with family. Keep Laura's SHIELD background / equipment subplot.
Montage of them taking down varied local gangs, with Clint more and more impressed with Kate's progress.
Shadowy figure (still Kate's mom) meets with gangs and brings in Yelena.
Yelena and previously arrested gang leaders attack Clint and Kate while they are civilians. Heroes learn gangs are aligned in the background, keep Kate and Yelena's fun 'fighting' as Yelena massively outclasses Kate but is impressed by her moxie. Gang leaders mention that the heroes have no idea how powerful their boss is.
Heroes barely escape, hole up somewhere - maybe the ruined apartment where her dad died.
Yelena tracks them down, has confrontation with Clint, tells Kate where to find the person who hired her. Clint is too injured to go along with and gives her his bow, and Kate goes off on her own.
Kate confronts Mom and goons. Mom reveals that Kate and Clint have no idea who they've pissed off.
Reveal Kingpin. Have him make some sort of threat about dealing with these masked vigilantes. End movie.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I think I've posted this before, but there was someone out there that did an edit of Falcon and Winter Soldier into a movie. It was better than the series, for sure. It still would have been near the bottom of Marvel Studios movies for me, but it was better.
Hawkeye is probably my favorite series...maybe 2nd after WandaVision, and the serialization works since (I believe) every episode is one day closer to the Christmas he promised his kids he'd be there for. It could have been a movie, but I think it was fine as a series. What If? obviously needed to be a series.
Everything except those 2-3 probably should have been movies, though. Loki, Moon Knight, and Ms Marvel all could have cut a lot and been better off for it.

spronk

FPS noob
I get people having shitty taste, but why do people still support this shit with their views and money when they know it's shit?

thats literally happening, Ms Marvel and She Hulk have some of the lowest watched numbers of any marvel IP. I think She Hulk didn't even rank in the top 10 of shows the first two weeks of its release, which is pretty nuts for a MCU property.

The movies have been doing ok though, while Dr. Strange 2 and Thor 4 aren't breaking records they are more than profitable, and I'm gonna guess Black Panther 2 does crazy. Until that changes Marvel/Disney isn't going to change too much.

I would hope the ratings failures of Ms. Marvel and She Hulk would convince Disney that maybe shitting on men isn't a great product strategy but its probably easier to weasel out of it than movie box office - released at the same time as Obi Wan, House of Dragon, Rings of Power, Andor, etc.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
thats literally happening, Ms Marvel and She Hulk have some of the lowest watched numbers of any marvel IP. I think She Hulk didn't even rank in the top 10 of shows the first two weeks of its release, which is pretty nuts for a MCU property.

The movies have been doing ok though, while Dr. Strange 2 and Thor 4 aren't breaking records they are more than profitable, and I'm gonna guess Black Panther 2 does crazy. Until that changes Marvel/Disney isn't going to change too much.

I would hope the ratings failures of Ms. Marvel and She Hulk would convince Disney that maybe shitting on men isn't a great product strategy but its probably easier to weasel out of it than movie box office - released at the same time as Obi Wan, House of Dragon, Rings of Power, Andor, etc.
I am also thinking that many people like me, have a subscription to D+ so its already paid. The real impact will be from the renewel numbers.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Cancel that shit. Disney are child molesters man.

Is that why some of the Mickey Mouse Club (or whatever it was called) grew up to be total mental breakdown whack jobs?

Ms Marvel shits on men?

I mean I know She Hulk is kinda anti-men, but I was under the impression that Ms Marvel is a fairly harmless show that is just geared towards teenage girls rather than men.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently Harrison Ford has been cast to replace Thunderbolt Ross. It wasn't announced at D23 because Kathleen Kennedy didn't want to distract from Indy 5.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
According to The Direct's sources, writer Beau DeMayo is leading Marvel Studios' efforts to overhaul the movie, starting from scratch and writing a script that is essentially entirely new. DeMayo's work as a writer on Moon Knight and especially as a head writer on X-Men '97 impressed Kevin Feige and other studio executives, leading them to hand over the reins to DeMayo to rebuild Blade's story from the ground up following Osei-Kuffour's work.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay here's the script: Vampire hunter kills vampires, thats it.

Of course being Disney they'll shove in some social justice bullshit into the film.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Okay here's the script: Vampire hunter kills vampires, thats it.

Of course being Disney they'll shove in some social justice bullshit into the film.
low effort trannies are dudes who get boob jobs and take a few pills, neither male or female

blade is also neither human or vamp, he's a meta-trans
527d655f720bd81e1869d9a236d291cb.jpg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
low effort trannies are dudes who get boob jobs and take a few pills, neither male or female

blade is also neither human or vamp, he's a meta-trans
527d655f720bd81e1869d9a236d291cb.jpg

Getting a boob job is actual effort

It's the ones that just take hormones to induce breast growth that are low effort