Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I like him, but he's already 80 years old. He'll be at least a couple years older before he is actually in a movie. Doesn't seem like a wise choice for a potentially long-term role. Although maybe Disney will just get his image rights and CGI him when he dies after the first movie.
Eh, they will Red Hulk him and do some kind of deal to use his voice like they did with James Earl Jones. Then it's just all CG and some stunt dude can mo cap.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why didn't they just get Sam Elliot or something. Ed Harris would kill it also even though he doesn't have the look

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why didn't the just get Sam Elliot or something
Sam Elliot ia 78. not like he's a young whippersnapper in comparison. all these guys are getting up there. might as well go for Stephen Lang from Avatar.
iu

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sometimes I regret hitting the "show ignored posts" button, then I saw Chuk say he wanted R. Lee Ermy to play the Red Hulk in a Marvel movie so maybe it was worth it?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its really difficult to find adequate tough guy actors to play villains who arent old as fuck anymore.
Daniel Day Lewis is 65.
Tom Selleck is 77
Jeff Bridges is 73
Mickey Rourke is 70

Fadaar

That guy
Rourke would be good, as well as Jeff Bridges, but i think both played main villains in the MCU already.

Gah you're totally right, I had forgotten about Iron Man 2. Wasted those two talents in the first two movies of the whole thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ford does not come off as a hard ass like Ross is supposed to be

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
yeah it will takes lots of roids or CGI to make ford come close to being thunderbolt. Ford comes off as feeble now, and does not have the persona/presence of someone who was even in the military, definitely not a General.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kurt Russell already played Starlords dad
also 71. gotta figure all these cool guys in the 70s 80s and 90s was almost 25-45 years ago. they need to think of dudes more recently. who is famous for playing a military type of badass in the last 25 years that wasnt already a character in the MCU? films dont really promote those kind of actors anymore, so not many new ones. maybe Clancy Brown? dude is only in his early 60s. he was in his mid 20s when he played the Kurgan in Highlander. he was pretty mean in Shawshank Redemption too.
iu

• 1Like