Marvel Universe stuff

Fadaar

That guy
The Sentry confirmed for Thunderbolts.

main-qimg-41cba5533f50cf19bae421852867697c

I... how would he fit in. He's up there with Thanos/Kang in terms of power. Though Void would make a sick baddie on the big screen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I... how would he fit in. He's up there with Thanos/Kang in terms of power. Though Void would make a sick baddie on the big screen.
Yeah, Sentry puts the OP in OP. I assume since Thunderbolts is almost all Super Soldiers that will be the thread they use. Also there is the WW Hulk plot carrying across a few movies, with Red Hulk appearing in Thunderbolts.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Bruce Lee so white now!

Pretty sure Bruce Lee starred in less Hollywood produced movies than Simu Liu (unles Enter the Dragon counts, cause WB helped produce that and Im pretty sure it was still made in Hong Kong, but I am pretty sure every other movie he starred in was produced fully by his company).

The thing he is wrong about is putting those directors in the Golden Age of Hollywood. The golden age died in the 60s with the advent of color television. New Hollywood gave rise to the director. But even that was short lived as the studios kept dying and we got the Toyification of everything in the 80s that has just gotten worse and worse as everything became safer and safer and now all we have for blockbusters is franchises and whatever Tom Cruise or Will Smith, the last Movie Stars, give us (which is also sometimes Franchises, like Mission Impossible, even though Tom Cruise kinda brought that back from teh dead single handedly)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
Simu Liu consistently seems to have the worst, most racist takes on just about any topic related to movies.

I remember when Bob Chapek called the Shang-Chi release an experiment because it had a 45-day theater-to-D+ release window on an investor call, and Simu Liu responded with something like "We are not an experiment! We're underdogs, we're a celebration of culture!" Definitely reinforced the 'dumb actor' Hollywood stereotype.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol

Also, I still stand by my opinion that Shang Chi sucked and is quite possibly the worst MCU Movie, bottom tier for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have the globalist shit-bags retconned Illyana and Piotr Rasputin from Russians to Ukrainians yet? Or did they make them villains? Illyana was always kind of heinous. Part-demon. Would fit their failing propaganda campaign quite nicely.

• 1Picard

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also, I still stand by my opinion that Shang Chi sucked and is quite possibly the worst MCU Movie, bottom tier for sure.
It was better than Eternals... But that's not saying much. All in all, it wasn't a terrible movie, just went with a more generic Asian theme than any of the other ones.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Guardians Holiday Special was fun. Mantis and Drax were great.

Also GoBots are now Canon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Note: it’s been what, 5 years since the snap and still no marvel property has addressed the nightmare that is half the world
Returning to life at once and dealing with the fallout of having missed 5 years.

Shit, at least that dumpster fire show on Netflix called Manifest did great job of showing the realities of life moving on without you.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
We got a whole movie about Wakanda struggling with the loss of their king, but not one mention of how the country fared when the king and his sister were gone for 5 years.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure Bruce Lee starred in less Hollywood produced movies than Simu Liu (unles Enter the Dragon counts, cause WB helped produce that and Im pretty sure it was still made in Hong Kong, but I am pretty sure every other movie he starred in was produced fully by his company).

The thing he is wrong about is putting those directors in the Golden Age of Hollywood. The golden age died in the 60s with the advent of color television. New Hollywood gave rise to the director. But even that was short lived as the studios kept dying and we got the Toyification of everything in the 80s that has just gotten worse and worse as everything became safer and safer and now all we have for blockbusters is franchises and whatever Tom Cruise or Will Smith, the last Movie Stars, give us (which is also sometimes Franchises, like Mission Impossible, even though Tom Cruise kinda brought that back from teh dead single handedly)

yeah it's a cringe take from Daezuel Daezuel because the whole journey of Bruce Lee's career was not getting opportunities in Hollywood outside of Green Hornet and a few cameo appearances. The idea for "Kung Fu" was his but the studio cast David Carradine in the main role instead.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Note: it’s been what, 5 years since the snap and still no marvel property has addressed the nightmare that is half the world
Returning to life at once and dealing with the fallout of having missed 5 years.

Shit, at least that dumpster fire show on Netflix called Manifest did great job of showing the realities of life moving on without you.
That's what falcon and winter soldier was about.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Guardians Holiday Special was fun. Mantis and Drax were great.

Also GoBots are now Canon.
Thought it was a pretty good Xmas short, Mantis was hilarious, I thought all the Xmas gifts were great, even nebulas was a good one

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thought it was a pretty good Xmas short, Mantis was hilarious, I thought all the Xmas gifts were great, even nebulas was a good one
Mantis was really the stand out character for the whole thing. Wonder if she'll be kept around after GotG 3.

Homsar

Mantis was really the stand out character for the whole thing. Wonder if she'll be kept around after GotG 3.
The twist at the end with her and Quill was feel good, I wanted more of Cosmo and Rocket. Groot looks just weird now. Also Yondu should have got a troll doll or was that also in the original GOTG?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The twist at the end with her and Quill was feel good, I wanted more of Cosmo and Rocket. Groot looks just weird now
The Cosmo voice was introduced cuz she is part of GotG 3. Also it's going to be Rocket focused apparently. Most assuredly if the High Evolutionary is the baddie.

Homsar

Everyone keeps mentioning the animation style being linked to LoTR or starwars but I kept thinking heavy metal.

Edit - not gonna lie the Mantis reveal got my eyes a little watered up

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I thought the animation _might_ be the most tangential Star Wars Holiday Special linkage they could come up with, but if there were any specific references, I didn't catch them.

Kind of a weird vibe with the heavy drinking at a gay bar and calling actors 'pieces of shit' for a holiday special.

Going to be honest, I did not expect to see a Gobots reference in 2022, especially one that implies they canonically exist in the Marvel universe?!?