Marvel Universe stuff

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i have a more sinister opinion

both of them are of course avengers, but, they're both originally created by jack kirby (who has created almost everything)
Category:Characters created by Jack Kirby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

currently his estate, meaning his remaining family is suing for rights to these characters, b/c marvel and stan lee said, fuck you jack kirby.

this could be some way marvel changes the characters to invalidate the copyright? or something something, i don't know.

its basically the same thing with them trying to drop the fantastic four comic line, since they don't have the movie right to them, why make comics.

tldr:
jack kirby created everything marvel, stan lee and marvel take the credit/ the copyright/ the money.

jack kirby's family suing for the rights to all these characters.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Someone mind telling me how there is a Mr. Marvel that wears a black suit and has a yellow lightning bolt on his chest is a part of DC comics and Mrs. Marvel wears the same black suit and yellow lightning bolt but is actually apart of Marvel comics? DA FUK?!?

Caliane

DC comics, black suit with yellow lighting bolt is Black Adam, who is a counterpart/villian/nemsis to Captain marvel, aka Shazam.

I uh... made a bit write up on Captain Marvel/Shazam vs Captain Marvel in one of these threads..

Short version.
Captain Marvel was created in 1939 for Fawcett Comics.
He was THE most popular character in the 40's. outselling superman.
DC got pissed, and did the sensible thing. sued Fawcett comics for copyright infringement. Fawcett lost the case, Marvel was too similar to Superman.
Fawcett was forced to stop publication in 53.
1967 Marvel noticed the copyright wore off and created Captain Mar-vell, using the title Captain Marvel for the book itself. this was a male "totally not superman" alien. (kree)
1972 DC comics in totally not a dick move, licensed Fawcett comics characters. by the 90's outright owned them entirely. and started publication on new Captain Marvel comics in the 70's.

They had to be creative on book titles. Eventually Marvel comics sued. DC had to stop using Captain Marvel in the book title. while the character is still called that. This lead to Shazam being used as a title often.
And NOW, the character has basically been outright renamed Shazam with the nu52.

On the Marvel side of things, the orginal male Captain Marvel died back in the 80's. Multiple people have taken the title.
Earth's Mightiest Costumes: Ms. Marvel | Avengers | News | Marvel.com
Ms. Marvel is the most notable legacy however. the blue suit with lighting bolt, and sash.. which REALLY looks like Black adam/marvel family as you say, was her second one. I do not have a story on why that happened other then someone was being cheeky.
She now, has taken the Captain Marvel title outright, despite being a Lieutenant in the airforce, and Captain is totally a downgrade.
And a new Muslim girl has taken the Ms. Marvel name, and the lighting bolt costume.

Do remember this copyright/trademark issues here were BEFORE the "mickeymouse" laws made it everything is 75years from the death of the creator.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Thought she was a Colonel in the Air Force, not a Lieutenant. As a Colonel out ranks a Captain in the Air Force, but a Lieutenant does not.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Look at the background of the Quicksilver poster for a geekgasm...

rrr_img_71998.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Where are those posters from?
They're releasing them at SDCC.

Unrelated, being reported Joaquin Phoenix may be in the running to play Dr. Strange. I can kinda see it, in some circumstances, but no way in others.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Captain Marvel(The DC Comic character you speak of) wears a red suit with a lightning bolt on his chest, Black Adam is the one who wears the black suit with the lightning bolt. He exists in DC because they acquired the rights to him from a small 3rd party publisher well before Marvel Comics even existed.

They're releasing them at SDCC.

Unrelated, being reported Joaquin Phoenix may be in the running to play Dr. Strange. I can kinda see it, in some circumstances, but no way in others.
I actually think he will be good as Strange , the other names that floated around prior didnt really do it. Sure they are good actors , but some reason i think Phoenix will nail it hard if he takes the role.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I like how in those posters, most everyone seems to be making do, except Jeremy Renner who looks absolutely fucked for some reason. Obviously Thor/Hulk are still blurred out but I really doubt an army of Ultron's is shit to either of them in comparison to the rest of the team.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Could have something to do with Whedons philosphy on Avengers 2, the whole death death and death.