Marvel Universe stuff

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Bah they're more rich than the rest of the planet. Sack up the money and buy your shit back so we can get some X-Men, Spiderman, and especially Fantastic Four movies we DESERVE.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah no shit. Surely some sort of mutually beneficial buy-back deal could be worked up. Man I'd love to see what Marvel Studios could do with those IPs.

Fuck's sake.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Takes two to tango. Why would Fox and Sony give up billion dollar properties they can keep milking for years? When their other movies bomb and turn to shit and lose money they know they have these two properties they can just keep rebooting and printing money off. I can't imagine Disney paying billions for movie rights on individual Marvel properties.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They've been on a bit of a roller coaster ride with the Spiderman and X-Men franchises, but ASM2 and Future Past prove they are still capable of making great movies with the IPs. Just have to hope we don't get anymore Xmen Origins or Spiderman 3s.

Caliane

They've been on a bit of a roller coaster ride with the Spiderman and X-Men franchises, but ASM2 and Future Past prove they are still capable of making great movies with the IPs. Just have to hope we don't get anymore Xmen Origins or Spiderman 3s.
This isn't really the point.
What is being discussed is that Marvel has to pay Fox to make Xmen cartoons. This is why xmen are being "killed off" in comics, TV , etc.
That fox is making money on the movies, etc isn't really the point.

This is something we've hinted at. and discussed a bit, when talking about Agents of Shield. "what exactly IS their contracts?"
We have the answer. Fox's ownership of xmen/mutants is FULL for movies, and %royalties for TV, direct to DVD, and online. (I HAVE to assume, not comics themselves...)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So the Infinity Gems we now have:

Space Gem in the form of the Tesseract which is in the royal vault of Asgard (where also we saw the Gauntlet itself)

Reality Gem in the form of the Aether which the Asgardians gave to the Collector so that they wouldn't have two gems in one spot. We don't necessarily know if this happens before or after Guardians of the Galaxy

Power Gem in the orb that is entrusted to the Nova Corp, or perhaps still with the Guardians if Peter made a double switch.

Mind Gem in Loki's staff which was last scene in Hydra's hands.

No sign yet of Soul or Time. I'm guessing one of them gets addressed in Doctor Strange as part of Phase 3, probably Soul as I don't see them doing Adam Warlock anytime soon. Unless Thanos currently has Time he is doing a really terrible job of collecting the gems considering the only one he had he managed to lose when Loki was defeated.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looking forward to Phase 3 Avengers. Why was Phase 2 so sparse though? Iron Man 3 ('13), Thor 2 ('13), Captain America 2 ('14), Guardians of the Galaxy ('14) and Avengers 2 ('15). That's it, 5 movies.

Where as Phase 1 had Iron Man ('08), Hulk ('08), Iron Man 2 ('10), Thor ('11), Captain America ('11) & Avengers ('12). You know.. Now that I type this, phase 1 wasn't that great either. It just seemed like so much more at the time.

Looks like Phase 3 is 5 movies also. At least as of right now. Ant-Man ('15), Captain America 3 ('16), Doctor Strange ('16), Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ('17), Then I guess Avengers 3 (??).
EDIT: Ok, added in movie dates. And awesome, looks like they announced Guardians 2 for July 28th, '17.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
It looks like two movies a year. With a combined budget after marketing of probably half a billion dollars. That's a big chunk of change, who knows how much Disney is allocating to Marvel Studios per year in resources. It's possible they just can't afford to make any more at a time, after all Disney is also making CGI animation and who knows what else.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider

Space Gem in the form of the Tesseract which is in the royal vault of Asgard (where also we saw the Gauntlet itself)

Reality Gem in the form of the Aether which the Asgardians gave to the Collector so that they wouldn't have two gems in one spot. We don't necessarily know if this happens before or after Guardians of the Galaxy

Power Gem in the orb that is entrusted to the Nova Corp, or perhaps still with the Guardians if Peter made a double switch.

No sign yet of Soul or Time. I'm guessing one of them gets addressed in Doctor Strange as part of Phase 3, probably Soul as I don't see them doing Adam Warlock anytime soon. Unless Thanos currently has Time he is doing a really terrible job of collecting the gems considering the only one he had he managed to lose when Loki was defeated.
It could be he's just trying to track/locate them, and if he actually gets any delivered somehow, that's a bonus. He had to know it was super unlikely that Ronan would hand it over, but now it's restricted to two possible locations that are reasonably easy to keep track of (well, one is a planet after all). The fact the collector wanted it may tip him off as to where to keep his eyes on, if he's not already doing so, which would give him effective access to the Reality stone. Mind stone if it is in Loki's staff is just being fucked around with by humans so he probably considers that as good as in his possession. The Asgardian vault has not proven to be very vault-like and he probably is fully aware of what's in there from forever ago. Once he knows where the other two are, he'll probably try and grab them all up at once to prevent setting off any alarms too early. This at least seems like something they could use as an excuse for his not actually having any yet, if that's the case. He didn't seem too eager to go out and take shit into his own hands yet.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

Small possibility of the Soul Gem in GotG. Supposedly one of the Collector's exhibits was a cocoon that is shown as broken open in the HtD stinger. It has been speculated that this is Adam Warlock (sometimes possessor of the Soul Gem in the comics). Only time will tell

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess they changed the gems colors for the movies? Because blue is supposed to be the mind gem and red is supposed to be power.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I get that Adam Warlock is integral to the whole infinity gems and Thanos stuff, but goddamn is that a stupid fucking name. Adam Warlock. Who's his brother? John Wizard? Plus in the comics that I've seen he looks a bit like Nuclear Man from Superman IV.

It's almost as bad as all of their incarnations of "(title or rank here) Marvel". I have faith that Marvel studios can pull it off, but they're going to have to make some serious changes to make it not shitty, which will likely piss off hordes of nerds. Should be fun.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I get that Adam Warlock is integral to the whole infinity gems and Thanos stuff, but goddamn is that a stupid fucking name. Adam Warlock. Who's his brother? John Wizard? Plus in the comics that I've seen he looks a bit like Nuclear Man from Superman IV.

It's almost as bad as all of their incarnations of "(title or rank here) Marvel". I have faith that Marvel studios can pull it off, but they're going to have to make some serious changes to make it not shitty, which will likely piss off hordes of nerds. Should be fun.
You shut your whore mouth.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I also don't get all the hype around Adam Warlock. I never read the comics but what is so good about a superhero that is so powerful that he essentially becomes a God? Does he have any faults or ishe just an all powerful boy scout?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well there's the fact that his future self, Magus, is utterly insane and incredibly powerful. So there is that drawback.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I also don't get all the hype around Adam Warlock. I never read the comics but what is so good about a superhero that is so powerful that he essentially becomes a God? Does he have any faults or ishe just an all powerful boy scout?
Well when I was growing up Infinity Gauntlet was like the big Marvel thing that happened and Adam Warlock is integrally tied to that. It's the same thing as all the love for Thanos.