Marvel Universe stuff

Juvarisx

Florida
Deadpool 3 has shehulk writers?

Nah it has the same writers as the other two, they brought on Zeb Wells to the current duo from the looks of it to help integrate Deadpool into the MCU a lil better. Dude wrote one episode of She Hulk (The Retreat), he is mostly a comics writer for Marvel, but did a lot of work for Robot Chicken back in the day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
eh other than the Cap movies his screentime has always been rather limited. i really hope he continues the role.

Yeah no reason for him to really retire from his 30 second guess spots once or twice a year

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

1680857502660.png

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i could believe that for Black Panther or Cap Marvel, but i dont believe for a second that she was responsible for the Russo Brothers great films like WInter Soldier, Civil War or Infinity War. other than that girl power shit they shoehorned into Endgame which stopped the entire flow of the movie and ruined some of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i could believe that for Black Panther or Cap Marvel, but i dont believe for a second that she was responsible for the Russo Brothers great films like WInter Soldier, Civil War or Infinity War. other than that girl power shit they shoehorned into Endgame which stopped the entire flow of the movie and ruined some of it.

Yeah I think the takeaway is not every movie is fucked with, but rather they have that power and use it often against directors regardless of who they are. That jives with Disney's MO overall. JJ's camp said it's pretty much exactly how it is. The changes can range from minor, to completely taking half the movie and ordering it thrown into the trash on a whim and spending 100m-200m more on reshoots quietly.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is why so many of the newer Marvel movies have unexperienced diverse directors, it's made by committee and they just need someone behind the camera to shoot. It's also why they stuck.

Occasionally they give someone more control like the Russos (worked for them before the system was set in stone) or Taika Wahtiti (diverse himself) and I think there is politicking behind the scenes to get changes through too.

Same with Star Wars. They fired the Solo guys for going off script.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Makes you wonder what happened with TLJ.
Rian Johnson seemily pitched the exact violation of Star Wars they were looking for and they gave him full control?

His existing slow space chase script surely didn't have Luke Skywalker in it, I guess they had a pitch meeting and he enthusiastically not only agreed to what they wanted to make the script be woke Star Wars, but added his own deconstructions of the character?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian Johnson seemily pitched the exact violation of Star Wars they were looking for and they gave him full control?

His existing slow space chase script surely didn't have Luke Skywalker in it, I guess they had a pitch meeting and he enthusiastically not only agreed to what they wanted to make the script be woke Star Wars, but added his own deconstructions of the character?

This. JJ had 5-6 script drafts shot down, which were co written by Chris Terrio for TFA.

Rian had his first draft story and screenplay approved with no second draft done. This gave him unprecedented control.

This subsequently led to Kiri Hart being fired from the Lucas Film Story Group for no oversight.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Although there was other stuff going on besides TLJ to get fired.

Kiri Hart also destroyed several EA games in development where she was also head of story

1680910925453.png

She then subsequently disappeared from the Lucas Film company without another word. Not even to co-workers.

1680910961993.png

7 years at the company. Up in smoke. That's what a real firing looks like at the corporate level.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Someone get Screamfaggot on the phone, I call dibs on this becoming a Six-Million Dollar Man remake.

Screenshot_20230407_144630_Brave.jpg

Fadaar

That guy

Basically assume anything after Infinity War is under that umbrella, minus the Spider-Man movies of course because that's Sony.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
guess Chuk moved on from Doomcock to Midnight's Edge when he wanted a new source for baseless claims.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
guess Chuk moved on from Doomcock to Midnight's Edge when he wanted a new source for baseless claims.

Forum sources are still going strong. WDW Pro outlined the Rey comeback 6 months ago.

I haven't seen WDW take a loss. So if he's saying Majors is fired I'd put some stock in it. But I don't know if he's their source or not.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Forum sources are still going strong. WDW Pro outlined the Rey comeback 6 months ago.

I haven't seen WDW take a loss. So if he's saying Majors is fired I'd put some stock in it. But I don't know if he's their source or not.
It makes sense for them to replace him sooner than later. The longer they wait on it the more projects he's going to be in and the more this is going to blow up in their faces. If they can do this to Depp, they can do it to anyone.

Cybsled

If you throw enough shit at the wall, something is going to stick eventually

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you throw enough shit at the wall, something is going to stick eventually

I don't believe WDW is directly connected (no one directly connected would post the things he does because of liability).

He's hinted at what his official relationship is with Disney over the years-- but I never believed any of it. It's all just a cover story to dress it up. The truth is probably very unflattering. Some guy using fringe connections to feel important. Like a cousin or nephew of someone who knows someone who sits on the board, solid 2 or 3 people removed from an actual position at Disney. He's likely a jock sniffer that has to really jerk someone off to get a scoop, but I'll take a look at his posts on a topic every so often just to keep track, since the jury is still out on him.

His claims being true or false haven't skewed my view of his credibility-- rather his claim that he's in Disney fold has, because that part is demonstrably untrue at this point.