Marvel Universe stuff

Juvarisx

Florida
can we finally call it confirmed that he is in fact being replaced? i feel like losing you management company which you are paying is not a good sign that you will be getting future gigs at the local megacorp.

He's done. If they are doing that then there is a video or witnesses that can't be easily explained away. Apparently a bunch of actors in the NYC Broadway circle that have silently spoken about his temper for years, doesn't necc make it all true but there is enough there to make it not worth the liability

Hell even Depp's agent etc never abandoned him, he probably did something regrettable even if its not as bad as its made out to be, but its enough.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Comparing Depp to Majors is dumb. Depp has been a major movie/tv star for 30+ years and Majors was just becoming relevant. Any sane person would just instantly drop Majors.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
can we finally call it confirmed that he is in fact being replaced? i feel like losing you management company which you are paying is not a good sign that you will be getting future gigs at the local megacorp.
No? For fucks sake in that SAME goddamn article

Deadline hears there’s been zero conversations in the Marvel camp to drop Majors from the MCU.

Disney and WME are gonna hunker down and hope it blows over. Loki S2 is already wrapped and Majors undoubtedly features prominently in it, which means reshoots would be extensive and costly. My guess is they're gonna keep him in limbo until Loki S2 airs and see what happens.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No? For fucks sake in that SAME goddamn article

Disney and WME are gonna hunker down and hope it blows over. Loki S2 is already wrapped and Majors undoubtedly features prominently in it, which means reshoots would be extensive and costly. My guess is they're gonna keep him in limbo until Loki S2 airs and see what happens.
yes, this is the current theory. it would be dumb for Disney to hijack Loki S2 when they could wait for it to be aired and then drop him soon afterward. DC is so dysfunctional that they hijacked Shazaam by saying all current DCEU is bullshit so now nobody is going to bother with it til new DCEU gets released, then they tried to pull it back and say. well only some of them are leaving. its too late. Flash may do well because people want to see Keaton suit up again as TDK, but if he wasnt in that, nobody will go see it. shit, people may not bother anyway because its pointless at this point. i was saying that whether its made official now or later. can we all agree that Kang will be recast for the next movies featuring him?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It wasn't just his manager.

New publicist.

1681794095212.png

fris

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen the latest Antman, was there multiple versions of Kang in that or just Majors in different outfits? seems recast is easy w/ how many versions of Kang there are.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I haven't seen the latest Antman, was there multiple versions of Kang in that or just Majors in different outfits? seems recast is easy w/ how many versions of Kang there are.
He is Kang the Conqueror for the main movie. The end credits shows him as all the multiveral Kangs. Then the Loki 2 end credit shows him as Victor Timely aka Kang Prime.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Origin stories are always, always their weakest (shut up about Iron Man 1, yes it was the best but it was the first of everything so the bar didn't exist). Even loved characters like Thor, Cap, and Fox stuff like Wolverine had shiiiiittty first movies. Most of the sequels sucked too (outside Cap 2/3, and Thor Ragnarok). I'd be shocked if they had an origin movie that didn't suck. The only one I can think of is MAYBE Ant Man because Paul Rudd is Paul Rudd and even that wasn't amazing. Guardians 1 also is amazing but that's an ensemble cast so it's a bit different in my mind.

If they ever start hitting higher than 20% success on origin movies we'll know they've got something going, but that shit ain't happening.
I really liked the Cap origin movie 🤷

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
ironically ant man 3 dropped on VOD last night, it won't be on D+ for a few months at least reversing Disney's previous release to D+ straight after theatrical window.

I saw it last night, at least its not long (2h) and its ok. Its not as awful as I expected from reviews, and I did enjoy a good 30-45m of it but honestly Kang sucks and the movie drags with a bad ending that its hard to recover from. It woulda been a better movie WITHOUT a Kang subplot.

It does have two post credit scenes, both featuring crumbs for future Kang appearances in Kang Dynasty and Loki s2. It will be fascinating to see what Disney does, they could recast him and not worry too much about his Loki appearance but I'd be more worried that Kang does NOT come across as any sort of great villain from Ant Man, and thats a real problem.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't just his manager.

New publicist.

View attachment 469575
They were probably mad that he and his lawyer thought it was a good idea to release text messages that were akin to "Sorry I made you so mad you beat me". I have to imagine his publicist was just like "why would you do this, this is what you pay us for, stop, please".

spronk

FPS noob
podcast with russo brothers (infinity war / endgame) and zack snyder (justice league etc lol) talkin about movies

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Among them is a film adaptation of the Walter Mosley novel The Man in My Basement, which Majors was set to star in and executive produce under his company, Tall Street Productions. According to Deadline, a replacement for Majors is already underway. The Ant Man 3 star was also gearing up to portray Otis Redding in an unannounced biopic titled Otis and Zelma. The film reportedly had the full support of the artist’s estate.

Additionally, the Texas Rangers were planning to feature the 33-year-old in an ad campaign for the MLB team that has now been axed.