Marvel Universe stuff

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
no, i thought spiderwoman was pregnant.
59ea523f-4837-47bd-926c-8584390d4793-screen-shot-2023-04-17-at-31529-pm.png
Why is she black?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For what it's worth, miles morales is a lot more complicated than "Peter Parker, but black." Miles is a pretty beloved character.

Jessica drew as a black woman, however... I'm betting she won't have anything to do with Jessica drew except the name, and she'll be all the lesser for it

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She was introduced in the movie at the same time as 2099 Spider-Man. They appear to be married, but maybe I'm mistaken. I thought she came from his world, even though she had spider-powers... or at least a spider motorcycle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For what it's worth, miles morales is a lot more complicated than "Peter Parker, but black." Miles is a pretty beloved character.
Pretty sure I recall Miles Morales being a complete joke who couldn't sell comics any better than the rest of Marvel's big diversity checklist push because he pretty much was just bland black Peter with a few background differences. Miles is a beloved character now because Lord and Miller dug him out of the trash can with the singular brilliance of Into the Spiderverse.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure I recall Miles Morales being a complete joke who couldn't sell comics any better than the rest of Marvel's big diversity checklist push because he pretty much was just bland black Peter with a few background differences. Miles is a beloved character now because Lord and Miller dug him out of the trash can with the singular brilliance of Into the Spiderverse.
Mm nope this is very untrue. Miles was very successful and was way before Marvel's woke movement.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
“Captain America: New World Order” is now “Captain America: Brave New World.” Marvel Studios announced the title change for its upcoming fourth “Captain America” movie on social media alongside a first-look photo of stars Anthony Mackie and Harrison Ford on the film’s set. Marvel originally announced last July that “Captain America 4” would be subtitled “New World Order” and be released on May 3, 2024. The release date remains unchanged for the newly titled “Brave New World.”

Mackie stars in the title role, making “Captain America 4″ his first outing as the eponymous hero in a feature film. The actor got his start in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the Falcon, but he took on the Captain America shield in the Disney+ series “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.” Chris Evans originated the role of Captain America in the MCU, but he exited the part in “Avengers: Endgame.”

AA1cc3Z3.img

• 1Barf
  • 1Pathetic

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I, for one, cannot wait for Captain America to talk about how oppressed he is and that the America he fights for hates him because he is different. Do you know how I know it will happen? Because writers are fucking awful these days AND Anthony Mackie is a terrible actor.

I will donate $100 to the forum if there is are 0 mentions of him being black in this movie.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I, for one, cannot wait for Captain America to talk about how oppressed he is and that the America he fights for hates him because he is different. Do you know how I know it will happen? Because writers are fucking awful these days AND Anthony Mackie is a terrible actor.

I will donate $100 to the forum if there is are 0 mentions of him being black in this movie.
thats his whole gimmick. if he wasnt black then they would have given the shield to Bucky.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New World Order to Brave New World?

Feels like "they're" really laying it on thick for us.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
She was introduced in the movie at the same time as 2099 Spider-Man. They appear to be married, but maybe I'm mistaken. I thought she came from his world, even though she had spider-powers... or at least a spider motorcycle.
So I guess a Multiversal constant is joggers stealing bikes?

Yeah black Spideroman is pure tokeism, just like all this Made by Netflix shit.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
New World Order to Brave New World?

Feels like "they're" really laying it on thick for us.
If anyone actually read Brave New World they'd know that's actually worse than New World Order.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The problem with MoM is that there was never a clear vision for it. Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen made jokes that the only thing about the movie that never changed was the name.

I'm sure there were plenty of versions that were great (or could have been) but it didn't fit in with the larger narrative of phase 4 so they kept changing it.

One of the wilder things I've heard about the production of that movie (which also would explain some overlap with the themes of Wandavision and 2 steps forward, 3 steps back with Wanda in it) is that, due to Marvel's iron fist of attempts at plot secrecy, the writers for Wandavision and the writers for MoM were never allowed to talk, and the MoM crew was never allowed to even see or get any hints about what was going to happen in Wandavision.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One of the wilder things I've heard about the production of that movie (which also would explain some overlap with the themes of Wandavision and 2 steps forward, 3 steps back with Wanda in it) is that, due to Marvel's iron fist of attempts at plot secrecy, the writers for Wandavision and the writers for MoM were never allowed to talk, and the MoM crew was never allowed to even see or get any hints about what was going to happen in Wandavision.
explains why Vision 2.0 never stepped in to calm the bitch down as it should have been.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
“Captain America: New World Order” is now “Captain America: Brave New World.” Marvel Studios announced the title change for its upcoming fourth “Captain America” movie on social media alongside a first-look photo of stars Anthony Mackie and Harrison Ford on the film’s set. Marvel originally announced last July that “Captain America 4” would be subtitled “New World Order” and be released on May 3, 2024. The release date remains unchanged for the newly titled “Brave New World.”

Mackie stars in the title role, making “Captain America 4″ his first outing as the eponymous hero in a feature film. The actor got his start in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the Falcon, but he took on the Captain America shield in the Disney+ series “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.” Chris Evans originated the role of Captain America in the MCU, but he exited the part in “Avengers: Endgame.”

AA1cc3Z3.img
I hope this means they abandoned that awful, terrible, atrocious white Capitano Americana outfit they had for him earlier.