Marvel Universe stuff

Goonsquad Officer
I just want them to wash the old shit away and do X-men well, in their own setting. isolated.

it won't happen but i can dream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sam Cap could have been OK but they established him as a boring character already then they just used it to push woke shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sam getting the shield was completely fine in Endgame, they didn't shit the bed until the abomination that was Falcon and WS.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Falcon being Captain America is stupid in the first place. At least Bucky is physically enhanced and can do similar things. Sam's just a guy with a jet pack.

I know "Captain America" is just a title, but it's not like it's a throne that needs an heir.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this sums up the current state of Marvel pretty well. It is not good news..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What kind if moron sits and listens to someone summarize a fucking article they can read
Do you actually stop everything you are doing, sit, and listen when you watch a youtube video? I have that shit on while perusing the internets on my primary monitor.

Ohhhh, you do everything on your phone right?

Or are you a one monitor peasant?

Shaking My Head Smh GIF by Travis Denning

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t think they need to have the old actors back.

What they need to make good fucking movies, while RDJ as Iron Man might bring some people back, if they make a shitty Iron Man movie it will not be a success.

I mean, the solution isn’t that hard. Focus on quality storytelling, good interesting characters, good directing, good acting instead of focusing on checking as many diversity checkbox as possible.

When I see Bob Iger saying he doesn’t understand why business is down. I wonder if that’s just for the press because he can’t go out publicly admit that going woke is hurting all their franchises or if he’s just fucking clueless.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don’t think they need to have the old actors back.

What they need to make good fucking movies, while RDJ as Iron Man might bring some people back, if they make a shitty Iron Man movie it will not be a success.

I mean, the solution isn’t that hard. Focus on quality storytelling, good interesting characters, good directing, good acting instead of focusing on checking as many diversity checkbox as possible.

When I see Bob Iger saying he doesn’t understand why business is down. I wonder if that’s just for the press because he can’t go out publicly admit that going woke is hurting all their franchises or if he’s just fucking clueless.

He can't say anything about it because it's often a requirement, depending on the organization, to get movies up for awards now. So there's just very little he can do about the diversity and inclusion affecting writing even if he wanted to. Not going woke is less of an option for a big studio than ever before.

But yeah his public statements are always PR spin. At first he said franchise fatigue was the reason for calling the hiatus on Star Wars, but recently he said it was because Solo was just a bad movie-- ignoring TLJ and the treatment of legacy characters completely. Now that they're getting ready to end the hiatus, the spin changed from "franchise fatigue" to "Solo ruined everything, but we're going to get it right this time".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Solo wasn't as bad as TLJ. You can forgive the bad choices in Solo. TLJ was a fucking public execution of the entire Star Wars IP. It was starting to breathe again with Mando, then KK pulled the plug on all that positivity. She ruined every lucasfilm property. I wonder if she has plans for a woke American Graffiti reboot?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Solo wasn't as bad as TLJ. You can forgive the bad choices in Solo. TLJ was a fucking public execution of the entire Star Wars IP.

Which speaks to how far Iger is willing to go to cover his tracks and keep the woke train running.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are the actors really the problem? Strange, Thor, and Ant man all failed. The fan stories that were going around were insanely better than what Disney put out
Are you meaning Thor in general or Thor the shitty 4th movie? Cause Thor Ragnarok was awesome. Thor 1 was enjoyable for an origin story.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want them to wash the old shit away and do X-men well, in their own setting. isolated.

it won't happen but i can dream.
Should be done by Deadpool camp, doesn't have to be comedy. The filmwork, character design, etc are good enough