Marvel Universe stuff

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whenever there is a real Inhumans announcement I want folks to re-read the GotG thread up until the first trailer came out before posting.

"Oh no one knows those people. No one wants to see these unknowns. This will bomb, they sound stupid."

People underestimate the MCU at their peril.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
"Oh no one knows those people. No one wants to see these unknowns. This will bomb, they sound stupid."
Ya I was one of those people and was about to say the same thing about Ant Man until I realized what I was doing.

Food for thought. Has these movies been so much better lately because the geeks and the nerds from the 70's / 80's are growing up and making movies or is Kevin Feign just that good at his job?

Xalara

Golden Squire
I combination of Kevin Feige being good at his job and CGI/special effects revolution that occurred in the late 90s.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PmvgQJV.gif

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
In the Agents of Marvel show they tell how the reason why Coulson survived was because he was injected or something with alien DNA and thus was "healed". He had his brain wiped because his body couldn't handle the residual effects or some shit (bla bla bla). As for Skye, I could totally see that. In the comics do the Inhuman's get their powers at birth? Puberty? Random?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think any Inhumans have inborn superpowers. Black Bolt was exposed to terrigen mist in the womb and became arguably the most powerful superhero of all time. The terrigen mist can also weaken Inhumans.

I've always thought Skye was Inhuman because her parents destroyed an entire village and she's indistinguishable from a normal human. The only thing that really puts a dent in that theory is that she doesn't seem to have the super strength that most Inhumans do. She could also be half Kree or something (I doubt she's 100% Kree because even the "pink" Kree don't look totally human).

Caliane

In the Agents of Marvel show they tell how the reason why Coulson survived was because he was injected or something with alien DNA and thus was "healed". He had his brain wiped because his body couldn't handle the residual effects or some shit (bla bla bla). As for Skye, I could totally see that. In the comics do the Inhuman's get their powers at birth? Puberty? Random?
In comics, Inhuman's are people experimented on by the Kree to perfect the Mutant gene implanted in humans by Celestials, and build a super army to fight the Skrulls.
Like Mutants, the mutations are latent. While a mutants x-gene/powers generally manifest around puberty. An Inhuman's manifest when exposed to the Terrigen Mists(kills everyone else). This is done in a ritual at "adulthood". A rite of passage.
Inhuman's traditionally were not like mutants, in being intermixed with humans. Where mutants are spontaneous in humanity. Inhuman's only come from direct offspring. They had their own cities, and society. A rigid caste system. with no upward or downward mobility. slaves stay slaves. When exposed to the mists, you are evaluated and placed into the proper caste. You might get powers, or you might turn into a limited intellect beast of burdern.
Eventually they moved to the moon.

recent push has retconed/changed things up a bit.
Inhuman's have escaped/left the society in secret over the years, and have had children with humans/mutants. so there ARE now inhumans intermixed with humanity. And, a revolutionary/terrorist stole terrigen mist, and set of terrigen bombs all around the world. Creating new Inhumans outside of the Inhuman society. Which lead to an attempt to "claim" them by the monarchy, as well as a the rebel group.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
celestials mess with humans to create eternals, then kree mesh eternal dna with humans to create inhumans.

t.mists works on inhumans mostly only
creates out of control powers for mutants
kind of works on the kree (when they tried to jump start their evolution again)

current inhuman story line is "some guy" with a history of other guys says something like the t.mists are creating weird inhumans that they need/don't have anymore? (course he could just be a bad guy)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think any Inhumans have inborn superpowers. Black Bolt was exposed to terrigen mist in the womb and became arguably the most powerful superhero of all time. The terrigen mist can also weaken Inhumans.

I've always thought Skye was Inhuman because her parents destroyed an entire village and she's indistinguishable from a normal human. The only thing that really puts a dent in that theory is that she doesn't seem to have the super strength that most Inhumans do. She could also be half Kree or something (I doubt she's 100% Kree because even the "pink" Kree don't look totally human).
Isn't Black Bolt the guy who can scream really loud, like give off energy equal to a nuke? Not sure if that qualifies as most powerful superhero, unless I missed something else.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Isn't Black Bolt the guy who can scream really loud, like give off energy equal to a nuke? Not sure if that qualifies as most powerful superhero, unless I missed something else.
He can distroy a city with a single word, superman has to do a bunch of punching and throwing shit to equal the same level of carnage.

PS i hope they dont do the inhumans as i find them really boring and kinda dumb.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well couldn't Superman just open his eyes with the dial set to 11 and do the same thing? Or is that only with certain uber-powerful incarnations of him? (I know next to nothing about Supes, he's gay).