Marvel Universe stuff

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's perfectly sensible that Susan Storm's brother (same parents, not adopted) would be black while she herself is white. See, they're both octaroons. He just carries a darker set of genes.

Fadaar

That guy
Adam Warlock major fault is that he's always been somewhat mentally unstable.

He's not emotionally balanced either, he tends to be extremely doubtful, wallowing in self-pity, or self-centered and overconfident.

In either case, it has lead him to make extremely bad decisions which have ended causing deaths of his friends, or end up being the cause of most of the cosmic crisis he ends up having to save the universe from.

He's a complex character, different from pretty much anything else out there.
Sounds like your typical anime protagonists on one extreme or the other

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's perfectly sensible that Susan Storm's brother (same parents, not adopted) would be black while she herself is white. See, they're both octaroons. He just carries a darker set of genes.
That or Sue will be black too...
Hello Reed "Jungle Fever" Richards...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would love to see a large crossover take place. Secret Wars maybe. I believe they did this with the 90's cartoon. I like the Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet series. You would have to pry Spiderman and Fantastic Four out of Fox's hands and they're not quite done using them for toilet paper.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Marvel Is Moving Forward With An Inhumans Film

Just a few days ago, Guardians of the Galaxy actor Vin Diesel teased fans (again) about The Inhumans, a film that?s been rumored to come down Marvel?s pipeline for quite some time. Now, it seems that the studio is finally moving forward with the project, which already has a script from Amber Lake scribe Joe Robert Cole. The next step is to take the script and find a filmmaker to bring the cosmic superhuman team to life.

For those unfamiliar with the characters, the Inhumans were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1975. Their history is filled with some confusing cosmic mumbo jumbo, but the basic idea is that they?re an advanced race of humans, who were genetically created by the Kree alien race millions of years ago. The Kree succeeded in creating a strain of humanity with extraordinary abilities, but abandoned their experiment due to a prophecy that predicted that the Inhumans would one day destroy the Kree Supreme Intelligence. The Inhumans went on to create and thrive in a society of their own, and managed to live in obscurity from the rest of the human race and develop advanced technology. They live in the city Attilan, which has moved to several locations over the years, including the Andes, Himilayas, New York City, and to the Blue Area of the Moon.

The Inhumans are led by their king, Black Bolt, and his royal family: Medusa, who has super hair that she can move around psychokinetically; Karnak, a master martial artist with the ability to sense one?s weak points; Gorgon, who can generate seismic shockwaves; Triton, a green skinned fish-like man who can breathe underwater; Crystal, who can manipulate the four elements; Maximus the Mad, the Loki of the family, who possesses genius-level intellect and mind-control; and a giant bulldog who can teleport named Lockjaw.

Needless to say, it?s a strange bunch of characters, and one that would require careful introduction in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, the success of Guardians of the Galaxy proves that audiences are willing to explore the uncharted and strange corners of the MCU, and as long as the right director is in place, the film could be quite good.

There?s a lot of potential with The Inhumans not just financially, but creatively as well. They could easily serve as a stand-in for the X-Men, who are owned by Fox and won?t be coming to the MCU anytime soon. Since the Inhumans are technically mutants, Marvel could easily substitute them in for the X-Men and explore more of the cosmic side of the MCU at the same time.

According to Collider, The Inhumans won?t just be another extension of Marvel?s properties, but will be an active part of a multi-film cosmic universe within the existing MCU. That?s certainly one way for the studio to raise the bar in a post-Avengers world!

As of right now, we have no idea when we can expect to see The Inhumans, or who the studio will find to bring the team to life. They?ll likely go for someone similar to James Gunn though, who can rework the script and then execute a specific unique vision for the property.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I came. They better fucking keep Lockjaw in it too, because he's awesome.

I wonder who they could get for Black Bolt. No spoken lines, yet has to be someone with a commanding presence, which typically doesn't mesh too well in the acting community. I vote Karl Urban, he'd probably have no problem saying no lines but just glowering at everyone.

My prediction is they'll slot this in for a release the year after Avengers 3, to get their next "super team trilogy" going with the addition of characters from GotG, Dr. Strange, and maybe a few other randoms we haven't encountered yet. And they could easily use the presence of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Avengers to sort of transition between the two, since they might be going the way of the Inhumans with them instead of mutants, as we've all predicted.

I was never a big fan of the Inhumans, but I never hated them, and I'm totally on board with them being the next big thing. If it is even moderately entertaining, it will be yet another big hit I think. Seriously, how long can the awesome from Marvel continue?? Forever hopefully, but still, it already seems incredible (even with a few ups and downs) and the future just keeps sounding better and better.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno. I think GotG only works because the audience can easily identify with Peter Quill right from the start.

I doubt the Inhumans could really stand-in for the X-men, X-men is really unique in that it's a very much a real world political allegory about diversity, homosexuality, etc. I think they'd have to make the Inhumans a lot more 'human' if they wanted them to be anything like the X-men and then it would kind of remove the purpose of doing the Inhumans.

I like the fact that Peter's father is useless in the comics. It lets them make up something better for the movies.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
there has never been a good inhumans storyline, ever. not only that, but they are plagued with "royalty" shit, king black bolt, queen medusa, which means the only, only person capable of betrayal or any thing like that is maximus, which is usually the case and pretty boring. us comic readers knew they were pushing inhumans for a year, but even that shitty storyline, is shit, hell i don't think it's even complete.

honestly for this shitty group to work well, they have to focus on the only good thing with inhumans, maximus. thor and thor 2 were tolerable because of loki, tom hiddleston did a good loki, they need someone to do a good maximus to carry the movie. cuz black bolt is just gonna stare and not say shit.

unless they show him fake telepathically talking with medusa. i'm not being a negative nancy, just that inhumans are really bad.

Caliane

I came. They better fucking keep Lockjaw in it too, because he's awesome.

I wonder who they could get for Black Bolt. No spoken lines, yet has to be someone with a commanding presence, which typically doesn't mesh too well in the acting community. I vote Karl Urban, he'd probably have no problem saying no lines but just glowering at everyone.

My prediction is they'll slot this in for a release the year after Avengers 3, to get their next "super team trilogy" going with the addition of characters from GotG, Dr. Strange, and maybe a few other randoms we haven't encountered yet. And they could easily use the presence of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Avengers to sort of transition between the two, since they might be going the way of the Inhumans with them instead of mutants, as we've all predicted.

I was never a big fan of the Inhumans, but I never hated them, and I'm totally on board with them being the next big thing. If it is even moderately entertaining, it will be yet another big hit I think. Seriously, how long can the awesome from Marvel continue?? Forever hopefully, but still, it already seems incredible (even with a few ups and downs) and the future just keeps sounding better and better.
seriously? you haven't heard?

vin Diesel is Black bolt.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
seriously? you haven't heard?

vin Diesel is Black bolt.
No, I had not heard that. I mean, I saw that he had leaked something about it, but I didn't know that. And I don't think he's a great choice for Black Bolt either, although insert joke here about the less dialogue he has the better. As I said, I was never really into the Inhumans, but from my limited exposure to Black Bolt, Vin Diesel just isn't him at all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You really think they won't have him speak?
I'm positive they will have him speak. Once or twice at most, when he unleashes his power to save the day, or beat someone down, or whatever. If they have him speak any other way, it will be like lanx said, telepathically, so it will just be voice-over anyway.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If anyone's interested in who the Inhumans are, here's their first appearance from the Marvel Ultimate Universe. I'm posting this as most of the Marvel movies have pulled from the Ultimate Universe for ideas on their films.

Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1 - Imgur

The biggest issue is they're linked to the Fantastic Four, and they won't be in this coming movie. Oh well. Enjoy anyway.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
After doing some looking on Wikipedia it looks like Crystal from that strip is married to Ronan. I could see that being one way to tie earth and the Inhumans to GotG. Guess the only issue is Ronan... In the comics do other infinity gems have the power to absorb someone or is it just the Soul Gem?

Xevy

Log Wizard
After doing some looking on Wikipedia it looks like Crystal from that strip is married to Ronan. I could see that being one way to tie earth and the Inhumans to GotG. Guess the only issue is Ronan... In the comics do other infinity gems have the power to absorb someone or is it just the Soul Gem?
I'm pretty sure stones are just absorbing people. A la Red Skull getting absorbed via cosmic cube in Cap 1.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
After doing some looking on Wikipedia it looks like Crystal from that strip is married to Ronan. I could see that being one way to tie earth and the Inhumans to GotG. Guess the only issue is Ronan...
Ronan, in the movie, would have never married an alien. He was a Kree fundamentalist. Besides, the Kree were the ones that genetically engineered the Inhumans, so there's your tie to GotG right there.

In the comics do other infinity gems have the power to absorb someone or is it just the Soul Gem?
Not that I'm aware of.

I'm pretty sure stones are just absorbing people. A la Red Skull getting absorbed via cosmic cube in Cap 1.
Red Skull wasn't absorbedintothe cube. If you go back and watch that scene again, it clearly shows the cube opening a portal somewhere and it sends the Skull through that portal.

Caliane

yeah. A fun thing to consider.
The "tesseract" is the space gem. Gives the ability to teleport to any location in the universe.
Red Skull fairly clearly teleports. The tesseract opens a portal for Loki to return to Earth in the Avengers.
what if all the people "killed" by the weapons created with it, also, were simply teleported somewhere?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hope this doesn't suck but the descriptions of the Inhumans there sounds terrible. This trailer better wow people.