Marvel Universe stuff

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, it's weird to think that that's all the explanation that's needed. Looking back that is about same amount of explanation they've given for everyone.

Brad2770

And if anyone leaves the movie saying "How the fuck does he fly?", their comic book nerd friend will fill them in and all will be right.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The Black Panther cartoon series was good because it was funny, but a whole movie of him in a fictionalized version of Africa? meh

Also I find it funny that a well known anti white group like the Black Panthers have a super hero with the same name.
There is some Irony there.
I don't know if the character was black or white, but with a name like that, it needs to be a white actor. They can use the same logic they used to make heimdahl black.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In some circles, the travesty of posting that in the Marvel thread would merit an infraction at the least.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0Ognl3b.jpg

Not only that, but Peter and Wanda from Avengers were a couple in Godzilla, with a kid and everything. So Column was wrong, Marvel is all in on the incest angle!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Let it go.
I think you misunderestimate me. I don't really care about it other than that it was an obvious PC move. I think the guy did great in the role, and I don't read comic books so I had 0 investment in his character. The black panther being white would be a similar PC move and would make me laugh.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
heard they really are not gonna use pym as ultron/visions creator, guess they're probably gonna use the ultimate version of ultron/vision origin. (or a mix of them? who knows)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't it already stated that Stark would be the one behind Ultron? I don't really remember Ultimate Ultron. Actually they released some kind of plot synopsis today.

"When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping programme, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance.

"As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

"Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron stars Robert Downey Jr, who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk.

"Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell bent on human extinction.

"Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision."

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
in ultimate universe, hank pym does the womanizer thing, and cap destroys pym and he's off the team. to get back on the team he tries to win fury over and try to give him 2 androids ultron and vision. (he's not successful) also the first time the twins see them, and pietro accusses wanda of flirting with one of them.

the androids (he made an army of them) were regulated to civilian containment and crowd control when the evil ultimates took over dc.

the vision is an early warning device of galatus' next feast. only the vision crash landed and was dissected and researched for 50ish years by the russians, later on fury's team frees vision and vision becomes a female. (who also starts a relationship with falcon, cuz you know)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember the introduction of Vision during the Galactus shitshow, was a back of issue thing in a bunch of them.

Ultron showed up at the end of Volume 2 didn't he? I forgot about Pym showing up to help save the day from Loki's coalition thing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
pym didn't save the day, he was working with the evil ultimates, (again to do crowd control, since the evil ultimates just wanted to win, but not be genocide bastards) then when the real ultimates started winning he decided to switch sides and "look good", (i think ultron even retorted that if the ultrons continued to help the evil ultimates they would win instead of the real ultimates or something) and try to pass it off that he was always good, i think they ended up locking him up in a hulk cage?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Close enough. I haven't read them since they came out=P Never picked up the volume 2 TPB's, probably should at some point but V3 really ruined the whole thing for me...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it gets progressivly worse, the latest ultimates is like kitty pride, black spiderman, cloak and dagger... basically they're the teen titans.