Marvel Universe stuff

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Avengers 2 Rumors and such. Including Joss Whedon's statement that it will feature "death, death, and more death".
Funny how the word "Death" works in context with The Avengers...

The Other_sl said:
Humans. They are not the cowering wretches we were promised. They stand. They are unruly and therefore they cannot be ruled. To challenge them is to court Death.
So, perhaps some of the supes will get killed off. We all know how Joss Whedon loves to kill off beloved characters in his work. But, maybe it'll also includeher.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Funny how the word "Death" works in context with The Avengers...

So, perhaps some of the supes will get killed off. We all know how Joss Whedon loves to kill off beloved characters in his work. But, maybe it'll also includeher.
I have read your post three times and I can't figure out if you didn't get the dual meaning of The Other's words when he said them due to who he was saying them to in that scene. Or if you just started putting it into place because of the Whedon quote or what.

I guess I was so taken with the awesomeness of the scene that I never stepped back and considered if it was really meaningless to someone who didn't understand who was being spoken to.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I have read your post three times and I can't figure out if you didn't get the dual meaning of The Other's words when he said them due to who he was saying them to in that scene. Or if you just started putting it into place because of the Whedon quote or what.
No, I get it. I've got almost every comic Thanos has ever appeared in.

I guess I was so taken with the awesomeness of the scene that I never stepped back and considered if it was really meaningless to someone who didn't understand who was being spoken to.
I had a bunch of friends asking me about this scene after seeing it. "Who was that guy? Why did he smile after his army got beat? What the hell is going on?"

Took a while to explain who Thanos was, and why he's interested in Death, but they get it now.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Drax has been cast.

rrr_img_18299.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Batista

rrr_img_18299.jpg

fucker_sl

shitlord
doesnt matter.....the win or lose factor of the Guardians movie will be motherfucking Rocket Racoon

....and how sexy is Gamora

moontayle

Golden Squire
Meh, he pulled a douchebag actor move with his agent and wanted more money, according to an update to that article. Granted, Marvel studio stuff is pretty golden right now but the Guardians is probably the most out there property on the horizon, and it's not nearly as proven a commodity as what they've done so far. Asking for more money on a project that is something of a risk means you get replaced by a wrestler.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Asking for more money on a project that is something of a risk means you get replaced by a wrestler.
Which blows because he would have been my preference as well.

I don't know shit about the Guardians, how much Drax will there even be? I knew nothing about him until Annihilation and haven't read any of the follow up stuff since.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Which blows because he would have been my preference as well.

I don't know shit about the Guardians, how much Drax will there even be? I knew nothing about him until Annihilation and haven't read any of the follow up stuff since.
Drax has always been present everytime Thanos is involved. He was a human killed by Thanos and resurrected by the cosmic being Chronos with the specific intent to kill him

He helped Warlock and Cap Marvel against Thanos until he died and resurrected, but this second death made him mentally retarded. He hanged out with Warlock and the Infinity Watch, keeping the Infinity Gem of power for the entire period of the "Infinity Trilogy". In this form he was a physical powerhouse of the highest level, capable to fight Hulk and many other earth heroes together

i'm not sure what happened, but he was restored in the current, inteligent, form you see in Annihilation until he was killed (again) by Thanos in "Thanos Imperative". In this form he was much weaker, but much more skilled in fighting

no idea if he's back or not now

he's pretty much a psycotic person obsessed with Thanos. it will interesting to see him on screen

fucker_sl

shitlord
the element im very curious of is the relationship between Thanos and Death. because that's what define him. i just hope Death won't be just a mentioned thing, or a concept. i hope she will shows up somehow. "How" is the question of course. From a cinematographic point of view, it's not a new concept. Death as a being is present in many stories, or movies like the 7th Seal from Bergman or TV serie like Supernatural. The closest thing i can come up with is the Fifth Element and how that "Great Evil" being made ppl shit their pants. A similar scene would be cool, with everyone but Thanos agonizing on the floor, while Thanos speak to Death's "vassal" while she remains offscreen

we know she's there but she won't be shown and won't speak, like in the comics. And like in the comics, he ask why she won't speak directly to him

then, when Thanos dies....she comes and speak to him for the first time. Maybe see a female hand caress him. Because that's all what Thanos is

i want to see a version of this