Marvel Universe stuff

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
In the pipeline
rrr_img_11598.jpg

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
Oddly enough, I would pay to see an epic, badass Captain Planet movie. If they could downplay the cheese and make it awesome, it would be cool. I always liked the idea of the power rings too.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Another benefit with a Carol Danvers movie would be a sequel where Rogue takes care of Ms. Marvel's unfinished business because of the stolen memories and powers. There was a comic book where Rogue broke into SHIELD's flying carrier to bust out one of Ms. Marvel's friends. He was oddly not too happy with her despite being rescued...

Not sure this would mesh well with the existing X-Men movielines though.
It will also never happen until Fox lets the X-men franchise lapse, unfortunately. Otherwise we probably would have seen Wolverine in the Avengers (glad we didn't).

Cloak and Dagger tv-series?? I have the original 4-issue comic limited series, but I wasn't aware there was an actual tv show. Either I forgot it in all this time, or I missed it somehow. I'll have to go look it up now too.

EDIT: If it is the 1984 movie you're talking about, that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Cloak is a black dude with a cape that sucks things into some nether portal, and Dagger is a hot white chick that throws "light knives." That movie is about a kid and spies. I might have missed it somewhere, but I can't find anything else that could be it. Unless you were just talking about the comic series?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
no i vaguely remember a miniseries or short lived series with cloak and dagger- the super heroes that is, i could be wrong but it's there. either that or i am going senile
smile.png

Can we just make this a movie already please.

Thomas Jane did a serious'over share'that distracts me every time I see him. Until they invent brain bleach, any role he takes will be tainted by knowing WAY TOO much about him. Listened to him in a few interviews, he is fucking nuts. Carlos Santana shoulda kept that shit to himself as well.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd guess it won't be too long before we see an official Black Panther announcement of some sort. There have been rumors recently and actors getting asked about it, specifically Djimon Hounsou who voiced the character in the animated series. It would make sense, he's tied in with everyone but works outside most of the Marvel traditional world. He's like the black Batman and even though the movie wouldn't pull in Iron Man money it would be great PR and probably not too insanely pricey to make.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/...film%29_rumors

Marvel has seriously looked in to tons of minor character they have for movies or movie parts. It's crazy.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/...verse_projects

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd guess it won't be too long before we see an official Black Panther announcement of some sort. There have been rumors recently and actors getting asked about it, specifically Djimon Hounsou who voiced the character in the animated series. It would make sense, he's tied in with everyone but works outside most of the Marvel traditional world. He's like the black Batman and even though the movie wouldn't pull in Iron Man money it would be great PR and probably not too insanely pricey to make.

Marvel has seriously looked in to tons of minor character they have for movies or movie parts. It's crazy.

I'd love a Black Panther movie series done right. I wonder if Marvel would change his name, since the Black Panther Party has politicized his name.

Caliane

Power Pack movie needs to happen as well.
Make a movie out of Thor and the Warriors 4.

Although, I suppose it would be best animated.

Meanwhile, DC has forgotten they have anyone other then Batman.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I think DC is far ahead of Marvel in the animation department, and has been for years. Course, that's not where the money is and for some reason they seem incapable of properly transitioning to the theater, outside of Batman. I'm noncommittal on Man of Steel, fearful that the Justice League is going to be terrible and Green Lantern sucked so much ass it could be heard from space. Which is a VACUUM. /archer

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had really high hopes for Marvel's animated offerings after the first Ultimate Avengers movie. That shit was baller. Went downhill fast though. At this point I wonder how much of a fuck they even give about that area though=/

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I think the beginning of the end for them was when they were too goddam lazy to actually animate a movie, and instead did 'motion comics'. I thought it was a first-person view of Michael J. Fox reading a damn funnybook, when first I saw it.

Caliane

I think DC is far ahead of Marvel in the animation department, and has been for years. Course, that's not where the money is and for some reason they seem incapable of properly transitioning to the theater, outside of Batman. I'm noncommittal on Man of Steel, fearful that the Justice League is going to be terrible and Green Lantern sucked so much ass it could be heard from space. Which is a VACUUM. /archer
DC's animated has been going downhill for some time.
The department even shut down. Young justice and green lantern shows got canceled.

let me make a list.
superman doomsday
justice league: new frontier
Batman:gotham knight
wonder woman
green lantern First flight.
superman/batman: public enemies
Justice league: crisis on two earths
Batman: under the red hood
Superman/batman: apocolypse
all star superman
Green lantern:emerald knights
batman:year one
Justice league:doom
superman vs the elite
batman: TDKR

Upcoming:
Superman:unbound
justiceleague: flashpoint.

17 movies.
6 batman movies.
6 superman movies.
4 justice league movies. (which I wasn't counting as batman/superman. but really, 90% of the screen time is batman/superman for them too)
1 WW.
2 green lantern.

This is one of DC's serious problems. They don't seem to understand if you ignore your brands, they are forgotten. They've been stuck in a massive rut. only batman/superman sells, because they only promote batman/superman. so anything other then batman/superman doesn't make money, and if it doesn't make money, they wont make it.
Where is the Huntress movie? The Question? JLI? Booster? Batwoman? Powergirl? Legion? Hawkman/girl, Aquaman, Metal men, Teen titans, nightwing, Animal man, etc. DC has a huge cast of characters.
Hell, thats just proper DC.
Veritgo, Wildstorm. Planetary, Stormwatch, authority, wildcats. People talk about having to make a leadup to justice league.
Imagine, a Stormwatch movie. holy shit make it the ACTUAL crossover. Stormwatch ended
with an Aliens crossover. The entire team was killed by Aliens. This directly lead to the formation of The Authority.
then have a Jenny sparks, Engineer, Midnighter/Apollo, and Jack hawksmoor movie by themselves, leading into The Authority. Everyone of these characters can easily lead their own movie.

Can you even imagine the minds blown a midnighter/apollo movie would create?

But anyway, marvel has nothing to fear on the animated side. DC is not making money off that anymore.
That said dont forget Marvel is owned by Disney now.

I don't mean a Marvel animated Powerpack. I mean a disney/pixar animated Power Pack. Imagine Power pack, looking like the Incredibles.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I still don't understand why Teen Titans was canceled. That seemed like a solid and good age-spanning show.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What all did Marvel do animated movies of? The two Avengers things, the Hulk/Thor double pack thing(Hulk Vs.), Planet Hulk, Doctor Strange, what else?

Checking Wiki there was the Invincible Iron Man, not sure I saw that. Something called "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow" about like, teenage Avengers. Never heard of it. Some 3D thing they did for Madame Tussauds. And finally "Thor: Tales of Asgard" came out in 2011. Which I was hoping was actually the Ancient Asgard trilogy but it's not at all. Actually looks kind of shitty=\ Anyone got a review of that?

The animated Avengers series they did wasn't too bad. And there's a couple Iron Man(one with Hulk) movies slated for this year.

They could probably do a pretty sweet Runaways series to fill in that Teen Titans sized hole.

Caliane

I still don't understand why Teen Titans was canceled. That seemed like a solid and good age-spanning show.
The econ on tv shows in general are kindof all over the place. And probably even worse for animated.

Cost vs popularity
A popular show might be expensive.
Nobody likes Johnny Test, but that shit is on season 6 because its cheap as hell.

Secondary market.
Ben 10 on the cartoon side has tried to suicide itself. but the constant reboots, also allowed for more toys. Toys selling, has ensured its stayed on the air.
Its also not uncommon for a middle of the road properly to get not renewed, simply because they want to promote something new. green lantern, and YJ probably fit this. Sold ok, but not great. So they ditch them, in hopes of a break out.

Teen titans was on season 4 iirc. sold all the toys it was going to sell, was of course popular. but exactly, cost outweighed how much they thought they could bring in.

Alot of this is CN vs WB maneuvering. Again, Johnny Test is cheap as fuck. WB wants more money for their stuff.

Meanwhile, HUB and Disney are basically sitting there, going, you guys are retarded.
The big push to pump out shitty live action crap on these channels of course also weighs in.

Future?
11min episodes, ala Adventuretime. this lets them crank out more, cheaper. and every 30m episode is really only 11min of new content.
Anthologies. Honestly no fucking clue why this isn't happening already. Remember when you were a kid and Calliope, or later liquid television, kablam, and the like? 11 min of cartoons, 11 min of live action. Its cheaper, and has the cartoons.
The "dc nation" shorts should have been this. 72 DC nation shorts. if they averaged 3min. Then thats 19 11 min episodes. That is easily a full season of an anthology program. Yet released as single shorts, effectively commercials, that were skipped, as they were not announced in any way. largely lost. This was incredibly dumb on both DC and CN's part. Utterly bizarre considering CN wants to remove cartoons entirely.

Why hasn't Wakfu been imported to the US?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Something called "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow" about like, teenage Avengers. Never heard of it.
I just watched this on Netflix the other night and thought it was pretty entertaining. I was going to post it in that "Better Than Expected" thread, but figured I'd be told everyone had seen it. :p Thor's daughter was pretty awesome.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is one of DC's serious problems. They don't seem to understand if you ignore your brands, they are forgotten.
What does it say when my kids run around emulating Iron Man and don't even know who Superman is? Think about it, if you were born in the last seven years or so, all you know is Marvel characters.

A friend of mine turned me on to a Metallica song I hadn't heard. I was playing it on my PC, and the two year old comes running in and yells, "I'm Iron Man!" This happens quite a bit around here.

If DC keeps this up, in five to ten years, their characters will fade into obscurity. There was an interesting article on DC, about how there is a power struggle between certain Execs at DC, which is pretty much killing new projects.

What all did Marvel do animated movies of? The two Avengers things, the Hulk/Thor double pack thing(Hulk Vs.), Planet Hulk, Doctor Strange, what else?

Checking Wiki there was the Invincible Iron Man, not sure I saw that. Something called "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow" about like, teenage Avengers. Never heard of it. Some 3D thing they did for Madame Tussauds. And finally "Thor: Tales of Asgard" came out in 2011. Which I was hoping was actually the Ancient Asgard trilogy but it's not at all. Actually looks kind of shitty=\ Anyone got a review of that?

The animated Avengers series they did wasn't too bad. And there's a couple Iron Man(one with Hulk) movies slated for this year.

They could probably do a pretty sweet Runaways series to fill in that Teen Titans sized hole.
Wasnt there an X-men animated that ran for a while?

Caliane

Let's face it, the DC Execs are full on retard, and studio politics kills a lot of projects. Pretty much any moron could cut and paste Marvel's cartoon and movie strategy onto DC and make ten billion dollars.
Stated in the tv thread, but more appropriate here.

Seriously so many problems. First look at Batman, the one property of late that did well. Batman, and ONLY Batman. Fuck Nolan. seriously fuck Nolan. Dc should never had let him do that.
No Nightwing, no Batgirl, no batwoman, not even a hint of superman, justice league, justice society, Cpt Marvel, zatanna, ww, and so on.
Zero chance for any spin offs from it. That is pretty fucking stupid. Hell even the ending would make a Catwoman spinoff really hard.

Since 2000
DC comics: (should be noted 1997 was Steel and Batman and Robin, which understandably killed any attempts for a while. Xmen's success invigorated them no doubt.)
Catwoman 2004 82m worldwide/100m budget.
Batman Begins 2005 374m/150m
Superman Returns 2006 391m/270m
The Dark knight 2008 1,004/185m
Watchmen 2009 185m/130m
Jonah hex 2010 10m/47m (lol)
Green lantern 2011 219m/200m
Dark knight rises 2012 1,081m/250m
8 films.
3,346,000 worldwide income, 1,332,000 cost.

Marvel:
Xmen 2000 296m/75m
Blade2 155m/54m, spiderman 821/139 2002
daredevil, x2 407m/110m, hulk 2003
the punisher 54m/33m ,Spiderman2 783m/200m, blade 3 129m/65m 2004
electra, FF 2005
xmen3 2006 459m/210m
ghost rider 228m/110m, spiderman 3 890m/258m, FF2 2007
IM 585m/140m, hulk 263m/150m, punisher:war zone 10m/35m 2008
wolverine 2009 373m/150m
IM2 624m/200m 2010
thor 449m/150m, xmen first class 353m/160m, Cap A 2011
ghost rider 2 132m/57m, Avengers 1,511m/220m, Amazing SM 752m/230m 2012
26 movies.
I got too bored to add them up.

But really look at that, that is insanely dumb DC/WB is being. They don't even have to deal with Sony, Fox, etc.

(punisher put up the same numbers as Dredd. huh..)