Marvel Universe stuff

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When has anyone gone ape shit over Gina Carano? I vaguely remember from one of the F&F movies, maybe 5? And she fucking sucked.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I certainly don't want her to play Captain Marvel either. However, if I had to pick between the two of them, I don't care what the situation was, I'd pick Carano simply because she's not a crybaby cunt. But no, she's not a good actress. I think maybe one person might have mentioned her in relation to Captain Marvel, but I don't see that it has gained much traction here.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Rousey could be some throwaway villian like GSP was. Titania or something, but no, not a franchise lead.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Marvel would have to be on drugs to cast her. Captain Marvel will be their flagship female superhero going forward. I don't dislike her. Hell I know next to nothing about her, but I know she can't fill those boots.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rousey looks pretty good at the weigh ins
rousey_weighs_in_280.jpg

but that's her, at her lowest weight, basically emulating the diet of a supermodel, then the next day she balloons up to like... ugh
e571484eea552e2fd1ccb635c99ef160_crop_north.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Balloons up? It's called rehydrating. If she (or anyone else) tried to fight immediately after a weight cut without rehydrating, they'd probably pass out in the ring. People can look super cut in movies and in pictures because they aren't actually required to do strenuous activity.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Balloons up? It's called rehydrating. If she (or anyone else) tried to fight immediately after a weight cut without rehydrating, they'd probably pass out in the ring. People can look super cut in movies and in pictures because they aren't actually required to do strenuous activity.
I guess she skipped the cutting part in Furious 7 then, because she looked like a fat cow (in a mu-mu) next to Michelle Rodriguez. Whom I also hate, just less than Rousey.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't seen Furious 7, but a professional athlete/model should be able to look pretty close to her top pic for the duration of a movie, so I don't know why they would have let her do her scenes looking puffy instead of cut.

Caliane

Really shitty scene imho.

Rodriguez starts out dance fighting with mooks.
Rousey gives really flat delivery of lines, while posing retardedly. Absurd dress just making her look like a man.
then they start fighting. Again, Rousey's fighting looks entirely too competent, and real, vs Rodriquez dance fighting. it looks really stupid as we are supposed to believe this fight is not over in 10 seconds.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
?

Caliane

its a bit of the tumblr only reads comics approved by comicsalliance and the cult sadly. Captain Marvel/Danvers is not really a super athlete character. Katee Sackhoff really does fit the bill quite well.
Fit. pilot. 30something-40.

Shes more known for a large ass, then being a supermodel or body builder. she is not wonder woman. Makes no sense Rousey wanting to portray her really. shes not super popular, and doesn't really physically fit the bill.

obvs, physically Rousey would be great for She-Hulk. But does not remotely have the charisma.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Rousey works out so she can beat other people up. Most other woman are working out to look good and be healthy. If she ever got the part her training and diet would change to focus more on appearance. Not that that would ever happen, not in a million years. Although it would almost be worth it to sit through her horrible acting in order to watch the drama it would cause in the UFC.

Rousey will stay in the UFC for the foreseeable future with small cameo's in movies as the 'legit fighter chick' until eventually getting a lead role in The Scorpion King 6. My vote is still for Yvonne Strahovofoososkkksii, although I figure they're gonna go with someone more well known to headline their first female superhero movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
Mmm Disney is famous for getting not A list actors because they can pay them less.

Look at almost all their movies. Even Robert was not as popular when Iron Man came out, in fact that movie turned his career around. He was just tabloid fodder before that.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Really shitty scene imho.

Rodriguez starts out dance fighting with mooks.
Rousey gives really flat delivery of lines, while posing retardedly. Absurd dress just making her look like a man.
then they start fighting. Again, Rousey's fighting looks entirely too competent, and real, vs Rodriquez dance fighting. it looks really stupid as we are supposed to believe this fight is not over in 10 seconds.
say what you want about Carano's lack of acting ability, her action scenes in Haywire were legit. she knows how to move around in a fight scene in a believable way. Even when she was paired up with someone like michael fassbender, who isn't known for his fighting ability, she makes up for it.

edit: fight scene in question for comparison

Column_sl

shitlord
She was terrible in Haywire, and she was under one of the best directors in indie film.

Carano was so bad, they had to manipulate her voice, and re record it in post production.

The girl just has no stage presence, at best shes just a good stunt double.