Marvel Universe stuff

spronk

FPS noob

seems dubious source but honestly i just don't care. I'm sure Secret Wars will be good, I know RDJ isn't gonna be Iron Man for anything but a cameo so who really cares

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sad thing is, they could bring him back post - snap. Inbetween Civil War and Secret Invasion he loaded his brain onto a hard drive, brains fuzzy on the finer details but I think Thor (in his human disguise) and pepper? had to go scour clues to find it and restore his mind.

Admittedly I think his body was still alive, just a husk/vegetable state, so they'd have to create some kind of organism for him to live in but it could be done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realize that nobody ever really dying is a quintessential comic book thing, but goddamn that really undermines the importance his sacrifice in Endgame. He had such a perfect character arc, from "I am Iron Man" all the way to "I am Iron Man".

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Eh the Beyonder has the power to bring people back and does so in the source material.

Is RDJ gonna be 65 by the time this comes out though?

Goatface

been a rumor for awhile that he was going to an AI

1672338226164.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

seems dubious source but honestly i just don't care. I'm sure Secret Wars will be good, I know RDJ isn't gonna be Iron Man for anything but a cameo so who really cares
I doubt it will be "our" Tony. Most likely a hologram/AI, multiverse alternate, or Skrull Tony.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I realize that nobody ever really dying is a quintessential comic book thing, but goddamn that really undermines the importance his sacrifice in Endgame. He had such a perfect character arc, from "I am Iron Man" all the way to "I am Iron Man".
Couldn't it be a cameo in the form of telling more of a story from the past? Something that helps these movies make sense, but don't break the continuum as far as Iron Man already being dead? I'm sure he developed tons of other shit already that was previously off screen.

spronk

FPS noob
looks like disney is delaying a bunch of MCU D+ shows

the other ones that look like they are pushed to 2024 from 2023 are What If season 2, Echo, and Agatha (Wanda Vision spin off).

honestly I still can't figure out why on earth an Echo show is being made, that character was boring as fuck. Same for Iron Heart, but I assume thats a core character for Young Avengers or something

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Clearly it will be flashbacks or as an AI assistant or something not actually post-Endgame Tony Stark

Edit -- should've kept reading. Legitimately did not know the comics had him as an AI at one point. It just makes sense if he's coming back. RDJ wouldn't agree to something that cheapened his sacrifice.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Black indigenous disabled lesbian woman
To be fair, affirmative action style inclusivity aside, the actress is kind of a bad ass even if the character is boring so far.

Deaf with an amputated leg but does her own stunts. That's cool as hell.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
To be fair, affirmative action style inclusivity aside, the actress is kind of a bad ass even if the character is boring so far.

Deaf with an amputated leg but does her own stunts. That's cool as hell.
Sure, but she probably got support every step of her life which doesn't make for an interesting hero's journey, her wikipedia lists "went to a school for the deaf and played sports there" and that's it.

Now having to deal with being a deaf amputee could make for a great superhero origin story, not unlike something like Daredevil. But you have to write something interesting and so far they haven't, wikipedia lists "went to an expensive school for geniuses" for how she got her powers and otherwise has a generic "Villian killed my parent" story.

SJWs think that going to a deaf school and living on an indian reservation is an epic interesting story and no further development is needed beyond her identity. It's going to suck.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sure, but she probably got support every step of her life which doesn't make for an interesting hero's journey, her wikipedia lists "went to a school for the deaf and played sports there" and that's it.

Now having to deal with being a deaf amputee could make for a great superhero origin story, not unlike something like Daredevil. But you have to write something interesting and so far they haven't, wikipedia lists "went to an expensive school for geniuses" for how she got her powers and otherwise has a generic "Villian killed my parent" story.

SJWs think that going to a deaf school and living on an indian reservation is an epic interesting story and no further development is needed beyond her identity. It's going to suck.
Not good enough to be a deaf amputee kicking ass, she needs to be poor too for it to be impressive? For fucks sake.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not good enough to be a deaf amputee kicking ass, she needs to be poor too for it to be impressive? For fucks sake.
There just needs to be something interesting, doesn't have to be poverty.

If you think that being deaf is really interesting, enjoy the show. The character sucked in Hawkeye.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There just needs to be something interesting, doesn't have to be poverty.

If you think that being deaf is really interesting, enjoy the show. The character sucked in Hawkeye.
There aren't that many deaf actresses in Hollywood. Not that many people with prosthetic legs that do their own stunts. If we were talking about some random no name stunt performer, pretty sure everyone here would think their success was impressive even if they only had one of those two disabilities, let alone both...

Most Marvel actors are the Benedict Cumberbatches of the world, born into riches. If a deaf amputee needs to be poor too for it to be impressive then there isn't a single actor in the whole shebang that's impressive for where they come from...

• 1Like