Marvel Universe stuff

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
When was the last good Punisher story anyway? Are they just cancelling yet another non-profitable character (because of their own ineptitude) and trying to virtue signal while doing so?

Welcome Back Frank Vol.1

5183prCSHNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While my wife is in Japan (she'll be there the entire month), I've been bored at home. So tonight I re-watched Infinity War for the first time since seeing it in theaters. I could have sworn I saw it 2-3 other times, but it must have just been clips from the movie and not the movie itself.

God damn was it good. And it's arguably the high point of MCU. It's been a large downward hill ever since then. Even End Game didn't come close, at least as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, Phase 1-4 was indeed a legendary experience. I can't wait to show my kids these movies some day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
While my wife is in Japan (she'll be there the entire month), I've been bored at home. So tonight I re-watched Infinity War for the first time since seeing it in theaters. I could have sworn I saw it 2-3 other times, but it must have just been clips from the movie and not the movie itself.

God damn was it good. And it's arguably the high point of MCU. It's been a large downward hill ever since then. Even End Game didn't come close, at least as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, Phase 1-4 was indeed a legendary experience. I can't wait to show my kids these movies some day.

Phase 4 is garbage, 3 ended with End Game and that's where the MCU stops in my house.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Newsweek is a gov propaganda rag. It's like reading the Kremlin Times. Every single piece in Newsweek touches on some government talking point or just pushes "exclusives" of propaganda events I.E. Bin Laden. If the Pentagon wants to get something out, it goes to Newsweek.

Well...yeah.

People shit on Fox News to this very day for pushing the WMD story in 2003, but everyone seems to have collective amnesia that it was also pushed by CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, Newsweek, USA Today, ABC, NBC, CBS, and outright spearheaded by the New York Times.

Just full-on collective fuckin' amnesia.

Cover of the Boston Globe today: "Threat of violence from Trump supporters escalates". My God! If things get any worse, Trump supporters might reach 1% of the damage level of Antifa.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cover of the Boston Globe today: "Threat of violence from Trump supporters escalates". My God! If things get any worse, Trump supporters might reach 1% of the damage level of Antifa.

Everyone just wanted to play video games.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

disney moved a bunch of movies and shit around including star wars and avatar movies, everything basically delayed

captain black america moved too who cares

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida

disney moved a bunch of movies and shit around including star wars and avatar movies, everything basically delayed

captain black america moved too who cares

Yep this is the writers strike, expect similar delay announcements from everyone else soon.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i love it. funny how a one month strike set production back over a year.
They have release windows that their number crunchers say that the movies need to be released in for optimal profits. It also sends a message that they are willing to wait out the strike for at least a year; implicitly asking the writers if they are prepared to do the same.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They have release windows that their number crunchers say that the movies need to be released in for optimal profits. It also sends a message that they are willing to wait out the strike for at least a year; implicitly asking the writers if they are prepared to do the same.
Maybe this is how they move to replace the writers with Chat GPT.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lets hope the writers keep on striking til Disney and the rest of Hollywood collapses and both go bankrupt. there is a huge opening for Indy filmmakers to pick up the slack. not artsy fartsy fag indy films, but actual movies that can be produced extremely cheaply but have a good story and acting. i really dont understand how this hasnt happened yet. you got plenty of platforms to release your films, lots of wannabe actors and very good production equipment for dirt cheap where you can make anything you want. just fucking do it and get better as you go.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users