Marvel Universe stuff

Fucker

Log Wizard
At this point, who cares. They don't have anyone to underpin a series of movies like they had with RDJ, and the rest of the remaining cast are D tier actors. I wouldn't put it past them to do something really cynical like bringing in RDJ as Iron Man from world 38374 or something equally stupid.

That they thought Cheese Theft was enough to underpin the MCU after endgame is hilarious. Marvels is going to blow up in their faces and hopefully will put the MCU to rest for a few decades.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
ok, but its scrapped completely, 3 years of development and filming. all down the drain. with writers strike and actors strike still going. you wont be seeing anything for a long ass time. 2026? 2027?

This also came in conjunction with the news that Marvel never had showrunners or show bibles for their shows, so they were just hoping everything turned out ok from episode to episode with just oversight from the top, but no consistency on the ground.

Additionally, they wrapped this announcement like they didnt like what was shot, but there is also fallout from the WGA strike resolution involved, where now they are required to have a showrunner and writers on set. Since they need that now, and also didnt really like what was shot, they are just combining the 2 things and taking the opportunity to restart, especially since they still cant film anything, but can begin rewriting.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This also came in conjunction with the news that Marvel never had showrunners or show bibles for their shows,

Never heard of a "show bible." Is that like a document that says things like "Character A will never do X stupid shit thing or feel Y stupid shit emotion, don't be faggots?"

Would make sense.

Goatface

1697552643949.png

new (ish) rumor wonderman filmed for less than a month before the strike and might get canned.

1697552764454.png

depending on who you listen to, he was out of costume between 3-7 of the episodes that were filmed.

apparently f4 casting is done and announced "soon", guess they will wait till the strike is over

levy said 1/2 of deadpool 3 has been filmed and edited, but if strike isn't over soon could miss 2024 release.

Never heard of a "show bible." Is that like a document that says things like "Character A will never do X stupid shit thing or feel Y stupid shit emotion, don't be faggots?"

Would make sense.
some creators are pretty crazy about their worlds, guy that did counterpart, said the shows bible was over 300 pages before any writing began.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weren't they talking about doing world war hulk at some point? And yes smart hulk sucks

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I trust nothing about what shows and movies Disney claims to be in development. Used to be for Star Wars but now it's for the entirety of the company.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

Would make sense.

yeah basically. it can be a number of thing, but yes, large amounts of back story for characters and the world and everyone's motivations; maybe some set design principles, etc. A lot of things the audience will probably never see, but can be referenced by writers to keep things cohesive.

Some of them are pretty easy to find, and you can see how they helped the shows be better. They sometimes have little bits of early scripts, maybe the pitch to the studio, and almost always where we are and where we are going.

They are useful since, in TV, when you write many episodes, you have a lot of writers and a lot of moving parts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah basically. it can be a number of thing, but yes, large amounts of back story for characters and the world and everyone's motivations; maybe some set design principles, etc. A lot of things the audience will probably never see, but can be referenced by writers to keep things cohesive.

Some of them are pretty easy to find, and you can see how they helped the shows be better. They sometimes have little bits of early scripts, maybe the pitch to the studio, and almost always where we are and where we are going.

They are useful since, in TV, when you write many episodes, you have a lot of writers and a lot of moving parts
Writers call it a concordance. Basically a booklet of all the characters in a series, their personality, appearance, background, events they experienced. JK Rowling supposedly has a massive concordance of all the Harry Potter book characters she always gets asked about. It lists characters, events, creatures, etc that were only mentioned in passing and never appeared in her novels. This way you can have an extensive family tree that implies the personality of a certain character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Not really related but I stumbled across this clip from Chappie, forgot Jackman was in it and how good Neill could get CGI done so well without insane budgets. Had no idea he directed Grand Turismo, which wasn't terrible like I thought it would be. They better not cancel my District 9 sequel

Last edited:

Homsar

I never saw Chappie. I'll have to give it a try at some point.
I can't really remember if the movie was good or not, I was mainly trying to point out how good Neill Blomkamp was so good getting the vfx/CGI done on low budgets. D9 is still one of my favorite blurays to this day. He's never used night scenes or weather to blur out the CGI ect