Marvel Universe stuff

fucker_sl

shitlord
so, just saw Thor 2

It has been confirmed that the Tesseract and the Ether are 2 of the infinity gems. I suppose the Ether is the power Gem by the color. The tesseract being blue should have been the Mind gem but it acted more like the Space gem with all the portal and shit

any guess what the other 4 will be ? we know they are not in Asgard, since they dont want to keep 2 of them close

Xasten_sl

shitlord
so, just saw Thor 2

It has been confirmed that the Tesseract and the Ether are 2 of the infinity gems. I suppose the Ether is the power Gem by the color. The tesseract being blue should have been the Mind gem but it acted more like the Space gem with all the portal and shit

any guess what the other 4 will be ? we know they are not in Asgard, since they dont want to keep 2 of them close
The Tesseract wasconfirmed as the space gem.Current rumor is that Guardians of the Galaxy will involve the time gem.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Nerdrage that they call the infinity gems stones in the movies. While it doesn't ruin anything its one of those changes that makes you wonder why it needed to be changed at all. Just call them gems!!!

fucker_sl

shitlord
hmmm....they did ? in Italian they called them gems in the Collector scene

i think maybe Odin said the word stone while talking about the powerful artifacts, but i suppose it was just a general term for them. Or maybe they wanted to keep the "gem" term for the big surprise at the end

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Well the gems are destroyed/missing in the comic Marvel U, wouldn't be surprised to see them go to the stones to align with the cinematic universe. Guessing we'll see them coalesce or something into gems for the gauntlet at some point anyways.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Well the gems are destroyed/missing in the comic Marvel U, wouldn't be surprised to see them go to the stones to align with the cinematic universe. Guessing we'll see them coalesce or something into gems for the gauntlet at some point anyways.
i hope so

and btw, the more i think the more i like the approach they are using for the Infinity Gems. they are willing to introduce them individually, showing how each of them can be powerful enought to be a threat on cosmic scale. This way, when they are united, even the ppl who only know never read comics will immediatly understand how in neck deep shit they are

i REALLY really hope that the guy who will play Thanos will do the same level of work Huddlinton did with Loki. Thanos must be a Darth Vader level of villain in the eye of the public. Anything less and he's wasted

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Well I see Thanos as a two actor gig. One to be the body and one to be the voice, ala Darth Vader. Unless they run the Hulk route with a CGI body.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Nerdrage that they call the infinity gems stones in the movies. While it doesn't ruin anything its one of those changes that makes you wonder why it needed to be changed at all. Just call them gems!!!
Well they've really changed everything about them considering they aren't stones at all. The Tesseract is really a cosmic cube, but they've merged it into the space gem so whatever. Some wavering is forgiven for making great movies.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well they've really changed everything about them considering they aren't stones at all. The Tesseract is really a cosmic cube, but they've merged it into the space gem so whatever. Some wavering is forgiven for making great movies.

My guess is whatever they are now, they will eventually become "gems" as their power is absorbed into the currently "dead" gems present on the Infinity Gauntlet.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

My guess is whatever they are now, they will eventually become "gems" as their power is absorbed into the currently "dead" gems present on the Infinity Gauntlet.
Yeah, someone will wear the gauntlet in the presence of the stones to recharge/absorb them or something, another reason why they didn't want 2 infinity stones in Asgard.

eek_sl

shitlord
They already cast Benicio Del Toro to be The Collector (Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy), who they'll reveal to be Thanos.

One of the Marvel writers slipped that Thanos will be the "centerpiece" of Guardians of the Galaxy. Del Toro/The Collector is getting top billing in the movie, and he's shown at the end of Thor 2 saying "1 down, 5 to go."

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I believe the Teseract was the mind gem, makes sense as Loki uses it to ....take over peoples minds!

IMO the collector will work for Thanos or be tricked by him *as in the comics, but he wont be Thanos himself.

in the comic Holders of the Gems should was as follows:

Soul Green - Adam Warlock
Time Orange - The Gardner
Space Purple - The Runner (obviously not in the marvel movie universe)
Mind Blue - The Grandmaster (in the movies this is now held by Odin?)
Reality Yellow - The Collector
Power Red - Champion

Obviously we are a bit off the rails already, which is a tad sad because of how sweet it would have been to see Adam Warlock and Champion on the big screen, i guess there is still hope for Adam, not sure how you tell this story without him.

Some more on Thanos

Director James Gunn Clarifies Thanos Role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
by Ethan Anderton
November 6, 2013

Tomorrow, Thor: The Dark World arrives in theaters everywhere with some early evening showings. For fans eager to catch a glimpse of the forthcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, stick around during the credits because there are two bumpers, one that adds to the movie you just saw, and another that teases the cosmic superhero ensemble. Some people have said the tease for Guardians of the Galaxy feels odd because of the tone, mainly because it follows quite an epic and serious ending in the film. Anyway, James Gunn directed the bumper, and that's just a little bit of what he talked about at the premiere of the Marvel sequel.

Speaking about the bumper on Thor: The Dark World with CraveOnline, "I got a script [the morning of shooting], and we did it in two hours at the end of a second unit day. It fits into our overall story of what's going on. I had talked to Kevin about it and we decided the basics of what was going on. It was really late that we decided to put it on the movie. I mean really late. It wasn't that long ago we shot it." But what people want to know is how will the cosmic villain Thanos, teased at the end of The Avengers, tie into Guardians of the Galaxy. After all, Zoe Saldana's character Gamora is the adopted daughter of the villain.

Well, Kevin Feige has already confirmed that Thanos is in both Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, it sounds like his role in the former is anther puppeteer sort of villain role. Gunn says, "Thanos is a character in our movie. He's the main sort of antagonist...in my movie Ronan works for Thanos, and Ronan is the main bad guy in our film." We're betting that Thanos has some kind of involvement in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but considering the title, he's likely not the main bad guy there either. A lead-up to the infamous Infinity Gauntlet storyline in Phase Three sounds more and more likely.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
And how for something completely different....

This was released yesterday on blueray. Downloading now, expectations are low.

529d35361e141.jpg

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
They already cast Benicio Del Toro to be The Collector (Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy), who they'll reveal to be Thanos.

One of the Marvel writers slipped that Thanos will be the "centerpiece" of Guardians of the Galaxy. Del Toro/The Collector is getting top billing in the movie, and he's shown at the end of Thor 2 saying "1 down, 5 to go."
The Collector said that because, well, he's The Collector. He collects things. He knows that Asgard just handed him one of the rarest, most powerful objects in the universe.Of course he wants the whole set, that's his nature.

Thanos was played by some dude named Damion Poitier in the first one, though that was just the costume. If they're going to have him reciting lines they'll probably replace that dude or dub a famous person's voice in.

Thanos is in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I think only by proxy; a lot of characters in the film are in some way related to Thanos. I'm hoping they'll keep him out of the spotlight until he makes his move. I'd rather that they reference him, talking about how much of a badass he is, and let that reputation show when they finally reveal him as the big bad in Avengers 3.