Marvel Universe stuff

Devlin

Golden Squire
I'm not sure if everyone is aware that stone and gem are interchangeable in the English language.

The role of Thanos seems to be manipulator at this stage, I have a feeling the Collector will either be working for Thanos or Thanos will steal the gems from each of the individual holders at the start of Avengers 3.

That would make the most sense because then Thanos vs Avengers can be the big finale.

fucker_sl

shitlord
we need the motherfucking movie version ofthis miniserie. Not with retarded ppl like the Gardener, but with whoever will get the other 3 gems (i assume one will stay in the hands of GotG)

THEN have Avengers 3

including the snaping fingers scene

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Its not "they", they're run by totally different production teams.

The reason Mandarin sucked was Robert Downy hired his good friend Shane Black, and they decided they knew better when it came to making super hero films.

Hence why Iron Man 3 sucked balls. Basically its non comic fans trying to change as much stuff as they can get away with...
This is why Bane sucked, and same thing with Mandarin.

Joss is a true nerd comic fan. Thats why Avengers was so good. Expect Ultron to be amazing.
Thanks for the info... I hope you're right though. It is easy to get a bitter taste and high expectations when you see the really good and then the really bad. I can't help but expect people to attempt to follow suit.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Didn't Loki use the staff to take over minds and the Tesseract to open the portal?
A tesseract powered staff yes. I think it was the machine powered by the tesseract that opened the portal. Did the tesseract even do anything by itself?

Edit ~ forgot the tesseract opened the portal by itself for Loki to come into Shield HQ in the beginning.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, they used the tesseract to create weapons and shit in Cap'n 'Murica. I still don't get how that thing was supposed to be the Mind gem when it was just powering random weapons with uber-destuction power, but whatever.

I don't nit-pick these movies too much, this whole Marvel franchise they've got going at this point is pretty much the best shit coming out of Hollywood in a long, long time.

fucker_sl

shitlord
it was confirmed the Tesseract is theSpace Gem

Are you saying that the Tesseract is one of the Infinity Gems, and has been all along?

Yes.

Which one would it be? Would it be the Space Gem or the Power Gem, or is it not that codified in the cinematic universe?

It is. I don't know when we'll actually divulge that necessarily, but it's the space stone.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Neat link. A lot of those that I don't remember seeing a tall.

I'm going to have to watch IM3 again.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So its pretty much official paul rudd is going to be ant man. Seems like a bizaar choice

Homsar

Is there versions of hank pym that are goofy? Everything I've seen of ant man he's one of the grounded serious chacters so that's why rudd seemed like an odd choice

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is yhere versions of hank pyn that are goofy?
They haven't said explicitly but it sounds like they're planning to do the Irredeemable Ant-Man story. Basically a low level SHIELD guard accidentally knocks out Hank Pym and in his panic decides to steal the Ant-Man suit to get away. He's a douchebag and it's awesome.

Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit: And the casting of Rudd, if true, backs that up. Eric O'Grady is like a combination of his character from Role Models and his normal goofball character. With a little more dirtbag added.

Homsar

Hmmm everything I read was rudd will play pym and its a heist movie with Lang

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah then I have no idea, haven't read any other Ant-Man specific stuff.

edit: Reading now no one seems to know what story they'll do but sounds like theScott Lang story, which would work with Rudd I guess. Not as much as Eric O'Grady but more so than him as Pym.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Regardless if you agree with the choices or not in these movies if I was in their shoes, I would have my agent lobbying hard for anything Marvel. Especially if it could be somehow tied to the Avengers. I can't imagine what casting would be like now that RDJ did what he did with the Ironman films. I bet as soon as word leaks out about a script phone calls from every major agency starts pouring in.