Marvel Universe stuff

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My most memorable scene from this movie was when Nick was getting in a fight while in his Yukon. It wasn't a particularly great sequence, but it's what I was most looking forward to when I watched it last night.

I'd say my favorite scene was either the elevator fight, or shortly there after where Bucky's up on the overpass, and Cap, Falcon & Black Widow are fighting off him and the other Hydra ops.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hated the scene in his SUV. Like, I can forgive all the various silly shit because hey comic book movie, but there's no fucking way a door window stands up to multiple impacts with a force that strong. Totally ruined that scene for me.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't perceive it as glass. It was a thick piece of plastic as far as I was concerned. Not quite thick like an Aquarium, but it was easily 1/4" - 3/8" compared to the 1/8" that is standard for side windows.

You figure that the window never gets rolled down due to safety. Hell, the Presidential Cadillac has thick as shit windows. This is the same.

EDIT: Ok, looks like my estimates are way off.
10 Incredible Safety Features on Obamas Limo - Criminal Justice USA
criminaljusticeusa.com_sl said:
The windows on Obama's limo are reportedly 5 to 6 inches thick, bomb-proof, and can withstand armor-piercing bullets. Compared to previous versions of the presidential limos, this newer model has more window space providing better outward visibility. The driver's window is the only window that opens, at only 2.75 inches, so the driver can speak with secret service agents outside the vehicle

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's the SHIELD vehicle driven by the director, it's some kind of fancy vibranium reinforced repulsor powered superwindow.

But yeah the constantly updating % thing was stupid. Still, I enjoyed the scene.

When I try to rank the movies in my head I have trouble separating Avengers, Cap 2, and GotG as the best/my favorite.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You know that Marvel is doing good when Iron Man is like the 5th best Marvel movie now.

It's a toss up between Cap 2 and GotG for my favorite.. followed by Cap 1 and Avengers.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Istronglydisagree with you about Cap 1. That's in 3rd place as my worst Marvel Universe movie.
My list, good to bad:
1.) Captain America 2
2.) Guardians of the Galaxy
3.) The Avengers
Ok, those top 3 are up for grabs. At this point, they're in that order just because those are the order that I've seen them from now. If I re-watched all 3 back to back, it might very well be different. I remember how much I loved Avengers, but at the same time I thought Guardians was awesome. But after watching Cap yesterday, I was like "Damn, this is really good too!" Decisions suck.
4.) Iron Man
5.) Iron Man 2
6.) Iron Man 3
7.) Thor 2
8.) Captain America
9.) Thor
10.) The Incredible Hulk

I'm not expecting others to agree with that. It's just my own personal opinion thus far.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok... I'm not a big fan of Thor. I like Chris Hemsworth as an actor (loved him in Rush), but I don't like the character. The first movie was incredibly boring, and #2 was just a little better, but only because it was stationed on Earth as opposed to Asgard. That's just my own preference.

Captain America 1 was slow. I realize that it was a huge origin story, but nothing really gave me a "wow!" feeling while watching it. It was just a movie that I sat through. Nothing more.

As far as the Hulk, it was definitely the best hulk of the 3 movies, but it still wasn't a good movie. I didn't care about the Abomination as a villain, and a lot of the movie was too lovey-dovey. This would have been ranked higher on my list if not for Mark Ruffalo's portrayal of the Hulk in Avengers. THAT was how the Hulk should be done.

So yeah, Despite Iron Man 3 being the worst of the trio... Super Paltrow and disposable Iron Men, I still got more enjoyment out of it than the other 4 movies. But again, this is my own personal preference.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cap 1 was slow and skinny cap cgi was awful. Thor 1 had awesome directing and really him on Earth was by far the worst part. Thor 2 was decent but not a real stand out. Iron Man 1 was a great character establishing movie. Action? Not really. There's about 3 'fight' scenes. Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 were garbage by Marvel movie standards, regular movies by other standards.

Cap 2 = Avengers = GoTG
Iron Man
Thor = Cap 1
Thor 2
THE REST

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I liked Cap 2 and everything but I have a hard time making it equal to Avengers and GoTG. To me it is right around IM and Thor, probably slightly better than Thor and slightly less than IM. I say that mainly because RDJ was just so spot on with Tony Stark. To me the performance was near Doc Holiday... not quite... but in terms of capturing a character and bringing it to life on screen. GoTG and Avengers are just fantastic action cinema flicks. They do the rights things on several different levels.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You need to look at them as different genre's of movies. Guardians of the Galaxy was Sci-Fi. The first Marvel movie that's Sci-Fi for that matter. Avengers was a Hero movie, much the way Iron Man & Thor & Captain America 1 were. Cap 2 is a spy movie, and actually the first spy movie that Marvel's done as well. If you look at them differently, you'll understand how I came to my decision that it's in the top 3.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not more fun than IM1 and it's not a bettercomicmovie, it's just a better movie standing all on it's own. Was just so well made. If any of that makes sense. And of course it's taste when ranking a bunch of good/great movies. It's not like one of them is empirically shitty like Daredevil or Amazing Spider-Man.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Daredevil or Amazing Spider-Man.
while i really do not like ASM, (i've professed how much i like SM1/SM2 over the reboot) but putting it in the same league as daredevil? even i think thats too harsh.

i mean daredevil, was really bad.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
while i really do not like ASM, (i've professed how much i like SM1/SM2 over the reboot) but putting it in the same league as daredevil? even i think thats too harsh.

i mean daredevil, was really bad.
Yeah I felt bad about it too, but I just can't rate Daredevil higher than it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I felt bad about it too, but I just can't rate Daredevil higher than it.
The hate is strong in this one.

I will admit I am entirely lenient on ASM solely b/c of my nephew. He's representative of the generation ASM is targeting, millenials(sp?) he grew up with tobey spiderman and says garfield spiderman is good too. (that does NOT mean ASM is good, just that i believe his generation is ok with ASM, cuz his generation is a bunch of stupid 20 year olds, i mean we've all been stupid 20 year olds at one time or another)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think we still had good movie taste when we were stupid 20 year olds though.

ASM franchise sucks, and Garfield is a tool.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm not blaming him, but he's still a tool. There's nothing likable about his Peter Parker. He's just a scrawny douchebag. You could be correct in saying that it's largely the director's fault, but I don't even like the way he looks. Nothing about him says "Peter Parker" to me.