Marvel Universe stuff

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's funny, there's a sort of reverse backlash on Iron Man 3 I'm noticing lately. When it first came out it got a lot of hate, but as we get some distance from it I think people are watching it without the elevated expectations and enjoying it for the movie it was and not the movie they wanted.
No, it still sucks because it's an Iron Man movie with almost no Iron Man and they ruined the Mandarin.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There is still plenty that I don't like about it. That said, it's still more entertaining (to me) than some of the other Marvel movies. Hulk, Thor 1, & Captain America 1 in particular.

Wow... 7 months to the day until Age of Ultron. I don't want to wait that long!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The interactions with the kid in IM3 annoyed me more the second time around, but I never hated the movie like some people did.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope RDJ spends the next iron man movie in a full body cast and Madame Masque wears no mask, to troll people who can't tell the difference between movies and comics.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Possible major spoilers
So its looking like Avengers 3 will be two movies to encompass Thanos and the sheer number of heroes. Possible script leak says Cap is going to start a new Avengers team in the post credit scene of A2 and one of them is Captain Marvel.

If all these rumors are true and we're getting more RDJ then maybe they'll have an Ironman Guardians team up. Then you'll have the Defenders stories from Netflix and the tie in with Agents of SHIELD. Why wouldn't you want Spiderman and possible Xmen to be apart of A3. Its literally going to be the biggest movie of all time. If Sony and Fox could get a percentage of the money with little investment... Why would you not tap into this goldmine?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought that split A3 rumor was debunked. And no reason to spoiler wild fan theories. Honestly, no reason to split it, not like it's based on a book or something and they're cutting an established story.

I dunno, reading now the one debunking sound like equally wild speculations.

"Marvel isn't splitting Avengers 3 into two movies, but they are planning Avengers 3 as the springboard to... something else. And they're going to use their biggest characters in that something else, keeping them out of Avengers 3."

That makes no fucking sense.

As for why you wouldn't want it, because those movies are shitflecks compared to what Marvel has built. And there's not much way to reconcile the movies happening in the Avengers U without any kind of acknowledgement prior.

Now, if they made their OWN Spider-Man he could fit in awesomely. But the Sony one? Fuck no.

I dunno, I'll wait for part 2 and the other 5 or whatever movies in between before I worry too much about part 3.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't really want avengers 3 to be split into 2 movies. When was the last time a single story being cut in 2 made the experience better?

And as for spider-man... I just don't want him in my avengers movie. It would be shoe horning him in just for the flash of it all. He's got no place in the mcu... On top of that, he's only recently been an avenger... He's far from deserving to be in it over plenty of other characters

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't really want avengers 3 to be split into 2 movies. When was the last time a single story being cut in 2 made the experience better?

And as for spider-man... I just don't want him in my avengers movie. It would be shoe horning him in just for the flash of it all. He's got no place in the mcu... On top of that, he's only recently been an avenger... He's far from deserving to be in it over plenty of other characters
Don't understand, do you not want Spider-Man in Avengers 3 or not?

Also, if you know anything of about Thanos first defeat you would know that Spider-Man played a huge part in it. Ultimately in both the 70's Thanos defeat and the 90's Infinity Gauntlet, Warlock was the main man to defeat Thanos but without Spidey in the 70's, Warlock could not have accomplished his goal.

rrr_img_78205.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol deserving? pretty much anyone can be an avenger they handout those Avengers Identicards like Libary cards. Then if they don't like you that much, you'll just be an honorary Avenger. They've been offering spidy membership since the 60's but he just wants to swing around fighting petty crime and dumb animal criminals (oh the vulture, oh the rhino, oh the lizard, wtf).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sure but anyone can say that at one point or another, they were instrumental to saving something or other.. My point is that the MCU already has a juvenile wise cracker. What role would spider-man fill? People like wasp, ms marvel, wonder man... These guys all have more avengers stories than spider-man. Spider-mans greatest stories don't really involve avengers much

Reprobate

Molten Core Raider
Ok, not movie related, but Marvel related. Can anyone answer what happened that made Wolverine's claws go from bone spikes to blades. I know the whole coating his skeleton with metal, but how did the shape change?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Slightly longer answer is that when he was created he had blade claws that came out of his hands and that was the full extent of it. Only later did the notion of the adamantium being fused into his skeleton come about as something that was done to him rather than just something that existed. Much MUCH later was the whole idea that he had bone claws prior to the Weapon-X business.

I dont know if anyone has bothered coming up with an in-continuity reason for his bone claws turning into razorblades.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Artist interpretation really, i mean his first appearance he's really claw like.
rrr_img_78284.jpg

i think it's razor'd due to jim lee in the 90's, he was draw lots of swords and knives and archangel too.
rrr_img_78285.jpg

the first mention that they were bone claws coated in adamantium was in the 90's when Magneto rips it out of him and he's left with bone claws that aways broke and regrew, lol. They then later cobbled his origins in the 2000's (before Fox could make their own version of wolverines origins).

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I think that shot best shows the MCU's greatest weakness. Awesome heroes...too few top notch villains.

Let's review the MCU villains.

Loki X 2
Jeff Bridge's character (can't remember his name)
Whiplash
Fake Mandarin
Malekith
Red Skull
Hydra as a whole
Ronan
Thanos if you want an overall cross movie antagonist
Ultron

The Sony guys have Dr Doom, the Sinister Six, Magneto, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Sabretooth, Emma Frost, Mystique, etc), Galactus, and on and on.