Marvel's Agent Carter

Terial

Trakanon Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
mQWBExOnHrGVsjkpWczJjo6bhZy.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Marvel's Agent Carter[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-01-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life - Steve Rogers.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Curious if anyone watched this? I recorded it, but the way that Agents of Shield is, i did not want to spend 2 hours watching this if it really sucked.
Any opinions from those that saw it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It was good, probably better than agents of shield owing to its limited run and need to advance plot quickly. I'm a sucked for period pieces.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
I thought it was pretty good as well. I wasn't sure what to make of the show and didn't really care for the first Captain America film. The show picks up a bit after Capt crashed into the ice at the end of the first film. Not sure how far along it is, but they spent the first part of the show flashbacking the movie to show her relationship with Capt and to remind the audience who she actually is. Overall, I felt the story kept me intrigued and Agent Carter was a good heroine and liked how she used her femininity as a weapon to get in/out of situations at times while she also had her share of butt kicking, too but nothing too far fetched. I was pleasantly surprised by the show and looking forward to see if the quality remains next week.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it really helps a lot that the show can focus on developing just one main character instead of trying to work on an entire group. The show had a lot of moments that had little to do with the big picture but showed Agent Carter's character. It does a pretty good job of showing the time, without the super powers. I actually enjoyed how the show back pedaled from the "super" aspect to a post war reality. I will say that Agent Carter seems stronger than the average female, but it in no way goes over board with it. I assume this is working up to the creation of Shield as a full fledged secret organization. I will keep watching it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
capt. crashed after "d" day. so lets just say it happened late 44-early 45ish

story picks up a year after the war ended. So, about a year to a year and a half after Capt turned into an icicle....

watched it via dvr to skip the commercials, i found it to be a good period piece, like her character, liked jarvis, didn't like how her coworkers treat her but..she is making them look like fools in the field (unbeknownst to them)

definately will continue to watch the show.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It was good. Making it a limited run was definitely the right call, forces them to put all their eggs in one basket and actually create a tight story. Some fantastical elements, owing to its comic book origins, but still believable. Definitely did not start off flat like Agents.

Too bad Bubbles had to die.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just started watching the first episode. It's my lunch break at work.

My first observation... Hey, it's Bubs from the Wire!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I liked the second episode's use of radio drama interludes featuring the fictional Peggy Carter armed with her Singer sewing machine contrasted with how the real one was currently kicking ass.

I half expected Peter Scolari and Tom Hanks to saunter into the ladies-only residence hotel she ends up at.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed it. Couple easter eggs: we saw Dr. Vanko who would have been Whiplash's dad from IM2. And I think it was the waitress, but the daughter on the couch in How I met your mother is on this show.
Also at the beginning of episode one they showed Carter changing and she had two scars on her shoulder, in the photo at the end of episode two you can see those scars so that will be what gives her identity away.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I enjoyed it. Couple easter eggs: we saw Dr. Vanko who would have been Whiplash's dad from IM2. And I think it was the waitress, but the daughter on the couch in How I met your mother is on this show.
Also at the beginning of episode one they showed Carter changing and she had two scars on her shoulder, in the photo at the end of episode two you can see those scars so that will be what gives her identity away.
good eye. there was discussion on this show in the SHIELD thread. my take is the show is pretty good when it is focusing on the story and the characters and keeps away from the "all men are sexist pigs" meme.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It was incredibly weak. The only pro it had compared to SHIELD's start was its focus on big game right out the gate. She's incredibly unbelievable and the entire show is one big cliche. They could have had most of it animated and shown as a Saturday Morning cartoon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so yay or nay?

directed by 4 males, 3/4 are old white men
Series Directed by
Louis D'Esposito ... (1 episode, 2015)
Peter Leto ... (1 episode, 2015)
Joe Russo ... (1 episode, 2015)
Scott Winant ... (1 episode, 2015)

i powered through AOS and soldiered on until it finally got good, and i really don't care about SJW or fem shit, if it's good it's good, otherwise it sounds like it's placating for an audience.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's not based out of anything SJW. It's just cliche. She's a typical super spy, but also dealing with post-war period sexism. She solves virtually all problems with violence just like a dude would. Covert Affairs is basically the same show without the post-war period hokum.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the second episode's use of radio drama interludes featuring the fictional Peggy Carter armed with her Singer sewing machine contrasted with how the real one was currently kicking ass.
Definitely the best scene.

It's a decent show, not something I'd stick with long term but a cool little look back in to the universe.

Also I like that van Ert is the voice of Dr. Venture, because Venture Bros is the best thing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so yay or nay?

directed by 4 males, 3/4 are old white men
Series Directed by
Louis D'Esposito ... (1 episode, 2015)
Peter Leto ... (1 episode, 2015)
Joe Russo ... (1 episode, 2015)
Scott Winant ... (1 episode, 2015)

i powered through AOS and soldiered on until it finally got good,and i really don't care about SJW or fem shit, if it's good it's good, otherwise it sounds like it's placating for an audience.
Hmm you say this(bolded) but you lead with what you did..

As for the show, will see how it goes, it's nice in that there is no need for filler.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I liked this a lot. It was really campy and colorful, which makes it look like an old comic book coming to life on the screen. I also really dig the period it's set in and I think the lack of cell phones and high-tech gadgets makes the spy stuff a lot more interesting. For example, I loled when the two guys overheard her walkie-talkie.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't think they used her 'real' name in the radio show. Pretty sure it was something that sounded close, like Becky Carver.