Marvel's Agent Carter

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't think i can stand this show, it's not bad, i just don't like the cheesy 50's, its one of the worst eras in film for me, cuz the characters all suck. I would have rather'd have seen the agent carter i saw from SHIELD

instead i get the "after years" of the war,

The character is great, just the time period sucks and the men portraying the period are too 1990's madonna dick tracy cheesy, swarmy slobs

It'd actually be badass if instead of her and stark forming SHIELD, she's the first director (it's assumed she runs things).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well next episode you will see some of that Peggy Carter. The preview showed Dum Dum Duggan and Asian howling commandos. Not sure if it'll be flashback or new team up.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Well next episode you will see some of that Peggy Carter. The preview showed Dum Dum Duggan and Asian howling commandos. Not sure if it'll be flashback or new team up.
I think in Cap 1 it was said the Howling commandos were all killed in WWII. I could be wrong, and might be.

It's a ok show. I would rather watch the new Cutthroat Kitchen than this, but dvrs are great.I keep thinking Howard is going to bang Peggy and that is where Tony comes out of. No reason to really think that due to origins and such, but since they like to fuck up origins in the marvel movies why not?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In my opinion watching Agent Carter was like watching some ultra Disney-like PG Mad Men episode. Of course it's better than Agents of SHIELD, since this time they seemed to care about both casting, direction and production. But to be honest that whole 1946-womyn-against-all vibe seems quite bland, especially in some avant garde unit like SSR. She's not being taken seriously by the usual asshole trio (the good , the bad and the dumb) but since it's a PG show, we'd better fit some "clutch" support around her ! I don't know, it felt so cliche looking at Hayley running around with her breast tailored outfits, trying to wear the show on her mammaries like there's no tomorrow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what aggravates me the most about where she works is that they treat her like they dont want her there, which begs the question, then why the fuck do you have her there at all? if she is so useless then send her the fuck back home. if she is useful, then treat her like one of the team. if the suits or somebody important assigned her to this bureau and they cant transfer her away, i wish they would address that. they made a point of stating that women are losing jobs to returning male vets. then howd carter make the cut?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
they made a point of stating that women are losing jobs to returning male vets. then howd carter make the cut?
She's a UK liason. They are obligated to have her around since she's the pick of an allied nation. She is familiar with the details of the WWII cases. Plot contrivances.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah but they dont need her to mess with WW2 stuff since the war is over and red skull is dead. they treat her like a secretary because they do not need her there. ya know because they can hire a secretary and dont need a female agent for shit like that. they even made a point of saying hey stay here and man the phones, she says nuh uh. im coming along. im like wha?? those phones still need answering and if somebody above you tells you to take phone calls, either that person does what you order or you replace them.

yeah its contrivance, but they are contradicting themselves. either she is a secretary, or someone who is no longer needed or she is an agent. it would make more sense to keep her down in the basement messing with those files and she sneaks out to work cases because they basically dont know she exists until they need some case files brought out. they would not be letting her have her own desk with the rest of the male agents. her having her own desk like a regular agent signifies she has respect which they keep pointing out she does not. see how it constantly contradicts itself?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Look at it this way, someone who is more powerful than anyone we've met working in the SSR says they want her there so she's there. It's that complex.

Ganthorn

N00b
I feel like as far as these "guys guys" know she is the fictional character from the radio ads vs the agent carter we saw in the movie/flash backs. They pretty much said as much. The one guy said something like I know you were Captain America's "liason" but wtf do you need to be here for now go file my paperwork

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I feel like as far as these "guys guys" know she is the fictional character from the radio ads vs the agent carter we saw in the movie/flash backs. They pretty much said as much. The one guy said something like I know you were Captain America's "liason" but wtf do you need to be here for now go file my paperwork
thats what im saying, these guys have no idea why she is still there, yet there she is. so they give her some filing duties, she shouldnt even be in the main office. if some general or the president gave an order that she needs to be in that bureau then somebody should know this? i mean if general so and so says. "agent carter is an asset and a true hero of this country, i wanrt her working in the SSR". wouldnt he also say what he wants her to be doing?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I think in Cap 1 it was said the Howling commandos were all killed in WWII. I could be wrong, and might be.
In the Winter Soldier when Cap goes to the Smithsonian, the video says that Bucky Barnes is the only howling commando to give his life in service to his country.

Cybsled

thats what im saying, these guys have no idea why she is still there, yet there she is. so they give her some filing duties, she shouldnt even be in the main office. if some general or the president gave an order that she needs to be in that bureau then somebody should know this? i mean if general so and so says. "agent carter is an asset and a true hero of this country, i wanrt her working in the SSR". wouldnt he also say what he wants her to be doing?
I imagine the SSR is a small unit post war, so there isn't anywhere to transfer. Besides, like others have said, someone with more power than Eli Thompson has placed her there. "Haze until they leave" is a common tactic. There were not really any laws against that sort of thing if there is no actual physical violence involved.

Despite perceptions they are "dialing it up", they really aren't. I really don't think people today have any true perception of what that time period was like back then and it's sort of a commentary on WW2 and Post-WW2. During WW2, you had this brief period of "equality", so to speak, that women and non-white people were exposed to due to necessity. When the war ends, the desire by most white men (the majority), especially those in power (older generation...don't forget those folks were born in the late 1800s or 1st decade 1900s) is to return to the status quo. Women get the boot from jobs they held in WW2 to make room for men, non-white people go back to their regularly scheduled segregation. It would still be a couple decades before you really started to see that begin to crumble on a wide spread scale.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In the Winter Soldier when Cap goes to the Smithsonian, the video says that Bucky Barnes is the only howling commando to give his life in service to his country.
dumdum forms shield along with the others and in comics works with fury.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I imagine the SSR is a small unit post war, so there isn't anywhere to transfer. Besides, like others have said, someone with more power than Eli Thompson has placed her there. "Haze until they leave" is a common tactic. There were not really any laws against that sort of thing if there is no actual physical violence involved.

Despite perceptions they are "dialing it up", they really aren't. I really don't think people today have any true perception of what that time period was like back then and it's sort of a commentary on WW2 and Post-WW2. During WW2, you had this brief period of "equality", so to speak, that women and non-white people were exposed to due to necessity. When the war ends, the desire by most white men (the majority), especially those in power (older generation...don't forget those folks were born in the late 1800s or 1st decade 1900s) is to return to the status quo. Women get the boot from jobs they held in WW2 to make room for men, non-white people go back to their regularly scheduled segregation. It would still be a couple decades before you really started to see that begin to crumble on a wide spread scale.
i am also assuming some gvmnt bigwig placed her there, which i hope will be addressed. So far whomever assigned her to the SSR must have had a stroke and died before they specified in what capacity.

velk

Trakanon Raider
No, of course not. It's not like the president or whatever would have any idea what those guys do day to day. Do you think presidential appointments come with a detailed list of micro-management instructions or something ? ;p