Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Daisy figures out what her mom did as soon as she finds out she sent her father into shield custody with his Hyde formula, but until then I definitely see her siding against SHIELD based on her past experience with Gonzalez.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I'd guess Skye will probably start by fighting alongside the Inhumans (hence the Skye vs May fight that was teased) but will likely go back to Shield by the end of the finale. Setting up for Shield vs Inhumans for next season.

Cybsled

Gonzales didn't handle that meeting in the best way. The Chinese token was a nice touch, but the lack of personal connection to Skye (and her inside infoez) probably hurt. Gonzales probably didn't know the true story of Bahrain, so his whole "we will deal the bad ones" probably came across as "we'll murder the fuck out of the ones we think are bad".

Would she have done the same to Coulson? I dunno. Even Cal admitted that Coulson was really the only other person in the world that cared for Skye the way they did. I think they planned on going through with the SHIELD attack anyways (since Cal had the Hyde formula with him), so I guess it is just a question if it would have panned out the same way. Skye would never have believed that Coulson would have shot her mom. Even an "accident" would have come across as suspect. Gonzales was easy because Skye already thinks he is an anti-powered people person.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Indexing, registration it's all the same right? Cue the Civil War memes. Anyways maybe we'll see Fury pop in during the finale.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the question should be, with coulson's kree blood infusion, would he have had a better chance of surviving those fumes? also skye's mom made up that "i gotta gift for you too" thing then and there. gonzales didnt wow her over.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It would be glorious if skye sides totally with the inhumans, b/c well she is one, and in a sense she gets what she's wanted her whole life, a fucking family. I mean right now skyes mom is acting like boss, she saw threw Raina's ways (with insight from others), and since she's hundreds of years old, she knows oppression.

And i say glorious b/c that would put skye with the inhumans and out of SHIELD, no more skye!

let's objectively look at this from the inhuman viewpoint, they have been hidden for hundreds, maybe thousands of years until they encounter Hydra and see how bad they (humans) can get.

It seems the inhuman way was to always run and hide, (which is why in the first few times we see skyes mom, she didn't say shit and just get cut up) Now that her moms experienced it differently, you can't just run and hide anymore.

Plus also it seems SHIELD is holding the inhuman meteor of death.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
It would be glorious if skye sides totally with the inhumans, b/c well she is one, and in a sense she gets what she's wanted her whole life, a fucking family. I mean right now skyes mom is acting like boss, she saw threw Raina's ways (with insight from others), and since she's hundreds of years old, she knows oppression.

And i say glorious b/c that would put skye with the inhumans and out of SHIELD, no more skye!

let's objectively look at this from the inhuman viewpoint, they have been hidden for hundreds, maybe thousands of years until they encounter Hydra and see how bad they (humans) can get.

It seems the inhuman way was to always run and hide, (which is why in the first few times we see skyes mom, she didn't say shit and just get cut up) Now that her moms experienced it differently, you can't just run and hide anymore.

Plus also it seems SHIELD is holding the inhuman meteor of death.
I thought it was a little contrived that Jiaying would go to the trouble of losing it to declare war, but since SHIELD has the Inhuman "Doomsday Device", I'd guess what she really wanted was to remove SHIELD from the equationbecausethey had it. In other words, assuming they knew what it did = bad stuff for them.

I did like how they made Raina into the "girl who cried wolf" scenario. It was rather fitting and possibly setting the stage for a redemption arc for her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think this already is her redemption arc, or as close as she'll ever get to one. I think she was sincerely trying to protect Afterlife in trying to get Gordon to betray Jia Ying, but Gordon didn't trust her nearly enough to do it. I think she was sincere because the thought that she could so casually get Gordon to betray Jia Ying on her word alone is just so fucking moronic that it could only come from the naivete of someone being completely honest without even stopping to think that someone wouldn't believe them.

So yeah, either Raina or Jia Ying slipping Cal the Hyde Formula will probably be how Daisy figures out that it was a setup.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think she was sincerely trying to protect Afterlife in trying to get Gordon to betray Jia Ying, but Gordon didn't trust her nearly enough to do it. I think she was sincere because the thought that she could so casually get Gordon to betray Jia Ying on her word alone is just so fucking moronic that it could only come from the naivete of someone being completely honest without even stopping to think that someone wouldn't believe them.
Raina fucked up when Gordon asked "who should lead", and she said "well me, duh!"

Also Raina has easily manipulated men in her life, we've seen old men buy follow her like a puppy, we saw whitehall was extra cautious around her, and Cal has seen what she can do. So why wouldn't Gordon just follow her around?

she did not bank on the fact that since Gordon became an inhuman his guiding light(pun cuz he's blind, rimshot) has always been JiaYing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Raina fucked up when Gordon asked "who should lead", and she said "well me, duh!"

Also Raina has easily manipulated men in her life, we've seen old men buy follow her like a puppy, we saw whitehall was extra cautious around her, and Cal has seen what she can do. So why wouldn't Gordon just follow her around?

she did not bank on the fact that since Gordon became an inhuman his guiding light(pun cuz he's blind, rimshot) has always been JiaYing.
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that it's just really shitty writing and she was dumb enough to think she could usurp control of Afterlife after having had her power of foresight for all of a week. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a tendency to see subtlety where it doesn't exist, and it's much easier to think this is just bad writing.

IF it turns out she was sincere, or even if she doesn't, I could easily see her and Gordon ending up in charge of the remaining Inhumans, because I don't see how it doesn't become generally known what Jia Ying did. It makes no sense for Daisy not to find out about it, and from there it's gonna spread pretty quickly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

jai-ying says to raina, "how did you think you could take over when nobody trusts you?" she said it in such a condescending way, it felt like she was a bully in some chick teen drama. i was like, wtf, jia-yang is kind of a bitch.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that it's just really shitty writing and she was dumb enough to think she could usurp control of Afterlife after having had her power of foresight for all of a week. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a tendency to see subtlety where it doesn't exist, and it's much easier to think this is just bad writing.

IF it turns out she was sincere, or even if she doesn't, I could easily see her and Gordon ending up in charge of the remaining Inhumans, because I don't see how it doesn't become generally known what Jia Ying did. It makes no sense for Daisy not to find out about it, and from there it's gonna spread pretty quickly.
Could be Raina knows who and who isn't going to survive the fallout of JaiYing's meeting. Win/Win for her right? She did seem pretty "no skin off my back" when they eventually didn't listen to her.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jai-ying says to raina, "how did you think you could take over when nobody trusts you?" she said it in such a condescending way, it felt like she was a bully in some chick teen drama. i was like, wtf, jia-yang is kind of a bitch.
It didn't feel like "mean girls" to me, sorta like the new mailroom kid, ppl like, wants to be ceo, and she's like "lol, really?"

velk

Trakanon Raider
Everyone assumed she was trying to take over, but all she actually asked was to stop the boss meeting with shield, because it would end in shield bombing them. "Anyone else" would probably have been a better answer than "Uh, me I guess" for who should meet them instead, but, as has been pointed out, she's a selfish bitch ;p