Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to watching Episode 1 and 2. Bland and unimpressive so far. I'd rather rewatch first season of Alphas

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am really hoping they do something to start introducing new heroes.

For some reason I have a weird memory about The Forgotten One/Gilgamesh/Hero being introduced at some point this season. Like a tweet or convention mention I read somewhere. Since he power level is close to Thor I thought why would they have him introduced in this. Then after this episode with the graviton stuff it clicked. They will want more galactic level power to be set up for Avengers 2 and beyond. Better to have the intro create buzz on the show, regardless if its positive or negative, and it saves movie time not to have to introduce new heroes IMO.

Not that I really remember him verses Thanos much, but them both being Eternals it would be good to get some of that background out at some point.
I think they are pretty limited in how much they get into that. One being budget and two they have to take audience into account, they don't just want the comic nerd watching this show (hence the romance angle between Skye and the muscle guy).

I saw that it pulled a 2.8 for this episode. Not bad, but it's still a drop from episode 2 and with as much money as they are pouring into this, I wonder if ABC is satisfied with those numbers.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Yep, definitely best episode yet.

SSOmd3D.gif
I felt that was a hint they were worried about the numbers, inserting a gratuitous titty shot. Not that I am complaining mind.
Episode was decent but tbh I watch this for the odd chuckle with my brain switched off. It does fine for that kind of viewing.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
the big question though,how does it compare to Arrow? i would say Arrow>Shield right now, though given time that may change.
Only comparisons are they are both shows based on comic books that are aired on their parent companies networks. AOS is on ABC which is owned by Disney which owns Marvel, and Arrow is on CW which is owned by Warner Bros which owns DC Comics.

AOS is more superheroish, Arrow is more realistic ala Chris Nolan

Caliane

If they can develop that classic Stargate feeling with this show, I will dub ABC the new Sci-fi holder.
that is a good description.

I like they are not shying away from super science, etc. Those shots with the gravity going haywire in the lab were great.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt that was a hint they were worried about the numbers, inserting a gratuitous titty shot. Not that I am complaining mind.
Episode was decent but tbh I watch this for the odd chuckle with my brain switched off. It does fine for that kind of viewing.
I do not like either her character or the soon to be body guard boyfriend of the group. Her beauty actually takes away from her as an intelligent hacker. Not to say somebody as nice looking as her could not be a hacker, but I just cannot see somebody as gorgeous as her hiding in shadows and acting all alone. I could imagine somebody of subtle beauty doing it, but she is not subtle. The super agent boyfriend is just plain boring. They could remove him and I would not notice at all.

Column_sl

shitlord
I just watched the 3 episodes at once last night.

I'm pretty pleased with the show so far, it has all the trappings of every one of Joss's other shows.

The budget they have for this is crazy tho.

Cybsled

ABC made the show a full-season order, so at bare minimum there won't be an early cancellation ;P

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Colson makes an amphibious landing into hostel territory, decides suit and tie is the appropriate attire. Dude he is with goes full command gear. This shit could be awesome but the director is a moron.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That's part of what Coulson awesome.
Despite seemingly forgetting a few words, I agree with this statement. When I saw Coulson on the beach in the suit and tie I was like "fuck yeah, keeping it classy." I was actually hoping they'd have the other guy comment on it so Coulson could make a witty remark about his attire.

Devlin

Golden Squire
The hacker chick and Agent Jock are far too "valley-girl/boy" look wise, the movies are full of good looking people but they're not trashy like these guys.

Just looks like a superhero version of Buffy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is anyone watching SHIELD along with the blacklist? the Agent Jock leads from both are interchangeable, except i think the blacklist jock is dumber than the SHIELD jock. Instead of making Skye a hacker-chick, cuz we all know that is a stupid move, she should have instead been an information broker. Like The Shadow Broker in mass effect (later Liara). She basically trades in information cuz she can get it all, that'd be more believable. (i spent a few jogs thinking how SHIELD could be improved, man i need more podcasts).

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
The gun stuff is pretty retarded. The pump action double barrel, can't pull back a slide on a gun even tho you are? wat?

other than that, I greatly enjoy.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure the gun stuff has to do with him not being the him, he used to be. That is directly story driven. I do agree that they over sold it, but oh well.