Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Spoiler for tonight's episode
Yes that is Professor Franklin Hall AKA Graviton
I tried to remember his name, but I was too lazy to play it again, and I couldn't remember to save my life. I guess that would have answered my question I suppose. Thanks for the info.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i doubt anyone thinks or knows he's alive, seems like they just stored it, i thought i heard "the fridge". If they knew he was alive and a person, they'd instead put him in the RAFT, so possibly season finale prison break. fitzsimmons is seems to be gelling the best for me, skye, is just there and just makes me think of olivia munn. ming-na is under utilized imo, but that might not be the case next eps, i'm thinking she might even be the one that will link the team together, with that motherly vibe. I'm getting nothing from the male agent, heck i still don't know his name, and coulson is gonna be a long standing mistery, but i'm gonna rule out LMD, doesn't sound like the series wants to acknowledge LMD's and i'm cool with that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was the best one yet. the fighting scenes are really well choreographed and some of the dialogue was pretty cool

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Better episode than the last. I think the show tries a little too hard to be campy at times. The fact of the matter is the show is only as good when Colson is on screen and even then some of his dialog is cringe-worthy. Everyone else is just not very good, although they may be the result of the writing.

I agree that he's probably some sort of clone.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I thought the episode was pretty good. Origin story, check. Character development, check. (Skye still linked to rising tide....aka how she got the e-vite.) Hints to things further down the road with colson/fitzsimmons, check.

Jeez I can't remember the pilot/agent's name either...they're just so forgettable.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This episode was indeed better. The story felt a bit larger in scale and obviously sets up a two/part or a finale with the new villain graviton. Interesting way of using a catalyst to stop a process only to later find that indeed it is a catalyst for worse things to come. While the show is still a little campy, it is developing into something that will be worth watching if the show continues to improve.

It is better than 90% of what is on T.V. now, even with its flaws.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I enjoyed this a lot more than the shit we had last weekend.

All hope is not lost. I can only assume they made their weakest episode the one that means the least. Episode 1 should always be strong, but they can't all be great, so go from shitty to better as the season progresses. Go out with a bang.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they can develop that classic Stargate feeling with this show, I will dub ABC the new Sci-fi holder.

Sean_sl

shitlord
If they can develop that classic Stargate feeling with this show, I will dub ABC the new Sci-fi holder.
Heh, if they could capture that feeling it would be pretty amazing. They're not there quite yet though.

Definitely liked this episode more than last week's, but it still feels like something is kinda "missing".

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This episode was indeed better. The story felt a bit larger in scale and obviously sets up a two/part or a finale with the new villain graviton. Interesting way of using a catalyst to stop a process only to later find that indeed it is a catalyst for worse things to come. While the show is still a little campy, it is developing into something that will be worth watching if the show continues to improve.

It is better than 90% of what is on T.V. now, even with its flaws.
If they start getting super villians in the show it'll be interesting how they deal with that considering none of them have powers. I think the show writers purposely don't want this to be Avengers: the tv show.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Enjoyed the ep and like that they may use it as a way to set up villains for intro to the movies so that non-comic fans will have some idea who they are and how they came about. Yeah you won't see much, if any, of them in the show after they do something like the Graviton intro this ep since, as was pointed out above, there isn't a lot these guys can really do against supervillains.

I did have to laugh though at the pump-action shotgun sound inserted when Ward disarmed the cowboy of his double-barrel shotty.

Also they did seem to make way too many references to Coulson not being able to smoothly unload the pistols, something you would assume would be muscle memory for him so yeah I'm def heading to the clone side of the fence at this stage.

Szlia

The show is no masterpiece, but it's pleasant enough and has the courtesy of not taking itself too seriously.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the big question though,how does it compare to Arrow? i would say Arrow>Shield right now, though given time that may change.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I think one of the biggest problems with this show is Agent Ward aka The Guy Whose Name You Can't Remember. He brings nothing to the show/team and unless they kill him off and replace him with someone interesting he's going to continue to drag the show down.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that dude is the muscle. without him who will rescue the damsel in distress hacker chick? he is also her love interest. you cant ditch him without ditching her as well.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, definitely best episode yet.

SSOmd3D.gif

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
the big question though,how does it compare to Arrow? i would say Arrow>Shield right now, though given time that may change.
Why is that a question? Totally different shows, in my opinion. I think Arrow is awesome, but I enjoy both shows and feel no need to compare them.

I understand you're comparing comic show to comic show, but they aren't really the same kind of show at all. SHIELD is, to use my previous description, a mashup of NCIS and The A-Team that just happens to have superheroes, while Arrow is more like Batman meets Spenser for Hire (I know you remember that show). Nor are they competing, and there is no reason not to enjoy them both. Even if they were competing head-to-head, one is CW so it would probably survive much longer even if it were doing worse in the ratings.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I am really hoping they do something to start introducing new heroes.

For some reason I have a weird memory about The Forgotten One/Gilgamesh/Hero being introduced at some point this season. Like a tweet or convention mention I read somewhere. Since he power level is close to Thor I thought why would they have him introduced in this. Then after this episode with the graviton stuff it clicked. They will want more galactic level power to be set up for Avengers 2 and beyond. Better to have the intro create buzz on the show, regardless if its positive or negative, and it saves movie time not to have to introduce new heroes IMO.

Not that I really remember him verses Thanos much, but them both being Eternals it would be good to get some of that background out at some point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why is that a question? Totally different shows, in my opinion. I think Arrow is awesome, but I enjoy both shows and feel no need to compare them.

I understand you're comparing comic show to comic show, but they aren't really the same kind of show at all. SHIELD is, to use my previous description, a mashup of NCIS and The A-Team that just happens to have superheroes, while Arrow is more like Batman meets Spenser for Hire (I know you remember that show). Nor are they competing, and there is no reason not to enjoy them both. Even if they were competing head-to-head, one is CW so it would probably survive much longer even if it were doing worse in the ratings.
thats an interesting take. AoSHIELD has a gigantic budget and they have to deliver while Arrow has a modest budget and because of their network have leeway to develop their characters. the thing is the action, story, characters in Arrow easily surpasses AoSHIELD. sure there arent as many expensive explosions or CGI, but is that really necessary? one of my favorite shows as a kid was the 1950s Superman when it played on sunday mornings during the 70s/80s. that shit had a straight up ghetto budget, the flying scenes consisted of superman jumping on a trampoline out of a window and a green screen effect. his enemies were other humans and when they had monsters it was shit a third grader could make. no location shoots either. what made that show fun was the lead was played by a dude that oozed screen presence and memorable character actors. the stories were fun too. yeah Arrow and AoSHIELD are about different things but their origins and goals are the same. for now im loving me some arrow and have been from its getgo. for now, im tolerating me some AoSHIELD hoping it gets better.