Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Why do I love Lady Sif so much?

Also, it wasn't quite as obvious in the Thor movies, but that's a big bitch!

I haven't watched that video yet, but it was nice to hear them say Kree. I'm fairly certain that if Fox owned ANY bit of the word Kree, they wouldn't let them use it on a competing show without making a big stink about it. So I'm going to go with the assumption that the alien was a Kree, because it fits. Ice giant doesn't fit for various reasons (in my mind). First, as I stated before, what are the chances of finding the one ice giant that is human'ish sized? Loki is a special case, for various reasons. Second, even if Loki ends up being the Clairvoyant, having Skye be in any way connected to him doesn't really bode well for the future of her character, in my opinion. She's not a strong enough actress to carry a show as the "hero", nor is she important enough to sacrifice in some way, and conversely removing her from the show (while it would please Astro greatly) probably wouldn't go over that well with the audience.

It makes far more sense to me that she would be part Kree, so we can introduce them to the Marvel Cinematic Universe properly, but not really change much about her character. She doesn't have to manifest any great powers or anything beyond her hacking ability (which doesn't even have to be alien-enhanced, hackers are a dime-a-dozen on shows like this). I'm fairly sure that the only person that thinks her being Kree would change much is Astro. Seriously, are you just saying "The One" and "The Starchild" in the same way you call Simmons "Hermione" or do you really think she'd suddenly manifest awesome powers? I really can't tell, so I'm asking. You're the only one I've seen use those terms about her, so I honestly don't know what you believe.

Obviously this is all speculation too, but it seems more likely to me. I could be wrong. Also, I'd be Sif's power-bottom.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah that was certainly a Kree. They had Sif go through a bunch of red herring names of blue critters, but we all know that Kree is it. I know we are supposed to think that May is reporting in to Fury at the very end, but I'm gonna have to go with her being a Skrull. I figure they are going to bring the Kree/Skrull thing into all this sooner or later and if so then at least one person on this show needs to be a Skrull.

Cybsled

That would be an interesting twist...May actually died during the raid that resulted in the "Calvary" nickname and a Skrull assumed her identity, thus resulting in the perceived changes in personality.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider

Also, it wasn't quite as obvious in the Thor movies, but that's a big bitch!.
Actually it is the costume and the fact that all of the cast are small. She is only 5'9" same height as Clark Gregg (Coulson) only Brett Dalton (Ward) is taller at 6'1" iirc.
There was a behind the scenes clip for Thor The Dark World on youtube I cannot find now that said her boots had 4 inch heels on them. If you look at her twitter pictures with normal sized people she does not looks so Asgardian as in her armor.

Also today (03-12-2014) is Jaimie Alexander's 30th Birthday. So go tweet her a birthday wish.

Jaimie Alexander (JaimieAlexander) on Twitter

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
On May being a Skrull...

Maybe but if she is she is doing a great job of knowing when to let people who would be more powerful than a normal human kick her butt so as not to show off her power.

Caliane

That would be an interesting twist...May actually died during the raid that resulted in the "Calvary" nickname and a Skrull assumed her identity, thus resulting in the perceived changes in personality.
Almost too good to be true.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Also, it wasn't quite as obvious in the Thor movies, but that's a big bitch!

I haven't watched that video yet, but it was nice to hear them say Kree. I'm fairly certain that if Fox owned ANY bit of the word Kree, they wouldn't let them use it on a competing show without making a big stink about it. So I'm going to go with the assumption that the alien was a Kree, because it fits. Ice giant doesn't fit for various reasons (in my mind). First, as I stated before, what are the chances of finding the one ice giant that is human'ish sized? Loki is a special case, for various reasons. Second, even if Loki ends up being the Clairvoyant, having Skye be in any way connected to him doesn't really bode well for the future of her character, in my opinion. She's not a strong enough actress to carry a show as the "hero", nor is she important enough to sacrifice in some way, and conversely removing her from the show (while it would please Astro greatly) probably wouldn't go over that well with the audience.

It makes far more sense to me that she would be part Kree, so we can introduce them to the Marvel Cinematic Universe properly, but not really change much about her character. She doesn't have to manifest any great powers or anything beyond her hacking ability (which doesn't even have to be alien-enhanced, hackers are a dime-a-dozen on shows like this). I'm fairly sure that the only person that thinks her being Kree would change much is Astro. Seriously, are you just saying "The One" and "The Starchild" in the same way you call Simmons "Hermione" or do you really think she'd suddenly manifest awesome powers? I really can't tell, so I'm asking. You're the only one I've seen use those terms about her, so I honestly don't know what you believe.

Obviously this is all speculation too, but it seems more likely to me. I could be wrong. Also, I'd be Sif's power-bottom.
im not interested in restarting this argument from last week, but Skye herself seems to be human, hermione kept running tests on her and even using a microscope kept finding nothing abnormal about her DNA except she is now regenerating at a faster rate after the HG-whatever injection. now why do i keep calling hermione , hermione or skye the starchild (the one)? because hermione is cute as hell and this actress reminds me of her. and i call skye the starchild because this show is setting her up that way and now that she has this 666whatever number designation you guys are jizzing yourselves over the possibility that she is a spaceman+human+super duper hybrid. until the big hottie showed up this week, the best episode was last week because sky almost died and had no lines.

ok now that we have cleared the air on that, i have a question. what asshole named the big hottie Lady Sif? seriously did somebody at marvel hate women so much he decided to use the slang term for Syphilis as the name for a prominent female character?

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Yea Sif's name is only a couple hundred years old. Before human's even knew what Syphilis was.

Reminds me of all the kids finding out that the Titanic was a real ship and the movie was based on it actually sinking. And seeing all their status updates with "Mind Blown" crap. Too funny.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they didnt need to name the comic character Sif though. i dunno i cant imagine there were many norse mythology fanbois who would nerdrage over Sif being called Lady Steph or Tif

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Oh Clark Gregg just tweeted this:

Clark Gregg ?@clarkgregg 1m

?@dberga: @clarkgregg After 2 great eps of #AgentOFSHIELD do we need another break?" I know, but Marvel special, TRACKS, then #NOMOREBREAKS
So as I thought, after next weeks special no more breaks for the final 7 episodes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"Hey guys, lets give all the Asgardians names that match Norse myths...except her!"
dude, do yourself a favor, if youever meet up with a woman who calls herself Lady Sif. dont have sex with her. i mean if you dont mind losing your dick and nose then go right ahead, but you probably do need those things at some point.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
they didnt need to name the comic character Sif though. i dunno i cant imagine there were many norse mythology fanbois who would nerdrage over Sif being called Lady Steph or Tif
I really try to understand you, honest I do. But this...I won't go into all of the reasons why they HAD to choose Sif as Thor's companion (even 50 years ago), let alone use her correct name, but this just takes the fucking cake. I try not to bash, and I was honestly asking about the whole Starchild thing, but you clearly don't think on the same wavelength as the rest of us. Does it ever make you wonder why you're the only one that thinks the way you do, or do you assume we're all idiots?

If nothing else, read some Norse mythology. It's actually pretty interesting.

Also, I've never in my life heard someone use "sif" as slang for syphilis. Maybe I don't hang in the right circles? Do some people actually talk about it enough that it gets tiresome saying the whole word?

Hey guys, have you ever heard of that fable about Samson and the chick that cut his hair off? What was her name? Steph?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ok now that we have cleared the air on that, i have a question. what asshole named the big hottie Lady Sif? seriously did somebody at marvel hate women so much he decided to use the slang term for Syphilis as the name for a prominent female character?
What is this I don't even