Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
your questions dont exactly make me want to answer them if you are going to be insulting
I wasn't trying to be insulting, I was honestly baffled. Which part was insulting? If it was the part about Samson and Delilah, how is that different than Thor and Sif? Just because you might be more aware of one (Delilah), and have some weird reason to have a beef with the name of the other (Sif), doesn't mean it is any less insulting to those of us that know both equally. As someone else sort of said, that's like asking who decided to name Loki something that sounds a lot like loco, couldn't they have changed it to Paul? Do you see where we're coming from?

If it was the different wavelength thing, you've gotten much worse before, and it can't come as a surprise that people don't see eye to eye with some of your opinions. I genuinely try not to be a dick most of the time (I know there are times I've slipped), so I guess if I've insulted you with sugar-coating it as much as I did I shouldn't even try anymore?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
may being skrull, again i think that skrull "might" be the race that is owned by fox or whoever owns FF, cuz of superskrull. i also think that's why the "made up" (they came from ultimate universe, like all things MCU)the chitari, since they really look like skrulls, but are just called chitari.

so may might be a chitari operative instead.

Szlia

People seem to forget that a few episodes back May turned back to being the old May (pulling pranks on the crew). It's ok because the writers seem to have forgotten that also!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Guessing May is still May. If I recall the first episode she didn't want to join Coulson's team, but then showed up on the plane. Probably Fury forced her to watch Coulson... which doesn't make sense if Fury is the one feeding Coulson info. So either Robert Redford or the commander lady from SHIELD with the red hair stripe. Or...or... whoever is hunting the 0-8-4... dun dun dun... well shit might as well start the May is Loki or Clairvoiant theory hehe.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
All this talk about rights... I was under the assumption that that shit only mattered for movies, not television series. FOX and SONY have the film rights to those characters, not the television rights (thought there's probably a clause in there saying Marvel can't use the primaries for a television series).

All the ancillary characters and speciesshould befair game on television.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im pretty sure when you own the rights to something, nobody else can legally use that TM without permission. its why you dont see magazine ads of superman and batman promoting winter soldiers.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's kind of grey. I gather there has been some talk of rights issues between CBS and Fox over Star Trek between big and small screen.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
This ties in pretty good with the recent thor movie.

Odin = Loki

Sif said that Odin ordered her to bring Lorelia back alive. Since Sif wants Thor and Lorelia was basically baiting Sif in the plane to try and kill her with talk of how she can't get Thor, this is gonna be interesting to see how this plays out in universe.

Well since Odin is Loki, he gets to use Lorelia to mess with Thor and Sif has to deal with that too.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The next three episodes (March 25, April 1, and April 8) all will be dealing with Captain America The Winter Soldier and SHIELD fall out. So we should not have much if any Asgardian stuff during that.

Here is the new clip from Captain America that was shown after the Red Carpet premier in New York for the movie.

SPOILER ALERT it is another scene from the movie not just clips.

Good Guys vs. Bad Guys - Captain America: The Winter Soldier Clip 2 - YouTube

Caliane

im pretty sure when you own the rights to something, nobody else can legally use that TM without permission. its why you dont see magazine ads of superman and batman promoting winter soldiers.
no. LICENSED rights are generally specific.
I mean think about what you are saying. Do you think because Fox has the Fantastic Four movie rights, Marvel can't make Fantastic four comics?

So no, we would need to see the contracts I guess. Is it movie and TV? Live action specific? could they make a Fantastic Four cartoon? What about TV vs web?
Could be movies and TV spots.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Fox has the movie rights to Xmen and Fantastic Four, Sony has the movie rights to Spiderman. But Marvel has retained the rights to animated series both on TV and direct-to-video for all the characters and has made ample use of this for their recent animated properties. So they can and do use Skrulls and the Fantastic Four for animated series on Disney XD... the only thing stopping them from using them on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the shared universe with the movies and the weirdly vague limbo that would exist if, say, Mr. Fantastic were to show up on the TV show but could never be mentioned in Avengers 2.

Cybsled

Fox has the movie rights to Xmen and Fantastic Four, Sony has the movie rights to Spiderman. But Marvel has retained the rights to animated series both on TV and direct-to-video for all the characters and has made ample use of this for their recent animated properties. So they can and do use Skrulls and the Fantastic Four for animated series on Disney XD... the only thing stopping them from using them on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the shared universe with the movies and the weirdly vague limbo that would exist if, say, Mr. Fantastic were to show up on the TV show but could never be mentioned in Avengers 2.
Ya, that's the biggest thing...since the TV show and Movies are in the same universe, it would be odd to have a restricted property show up in one and not the other.

Btw, I was reading about some stuff on Winter Solider and apparently the SHIELD guy Coulson talked to this last episode in the parking garage is in Winter Soldier...he is one of the hostages in one of the released scenes from the movie. So that kind of confirms that the show is pre-Winter Soldier at the moment.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Marvel says "rights issues" prevent them from using X-Men on AOS. They're not even allowed to use the word Mutant.

Marvel can never use X-Men, says exec producer - Agents of SHIELD News - TV - Digital Spy

"Maurissa Tancharoen - executive producer on the ABC TV drama - confirmed that rights issues prevent the X-Men from appearing in the Avengers spinoff series."

Though the way it's worded could mean it's either explicitly forbidden for them live action like Cal mentioned, or that the execs at Marvel have forbidden it for in-universe continuity reasons like Qhue mentioned.

Cybsled

However, the rumor is that the "zinger" clip at the end of Avengers 2 will reveal the "Inhumans", which basically lets Marvel flip off the "Mutant" restriction ;p

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I am certain that the big push for prominence of the Inhumans in the printed Marvel Comics is directly related to the mutant film restriction. When asked about the Inhumans replacing Mutants in the films the president of Marvel replied: "As it relates to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? No. No, no, no." Which is significant because of the qualification about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as he then goes on to talk about how they are looking at the Inhumans and thinks there is potential for a great movie there.

So they won't be using Inhumans to whitewash existing mutants, but they aren't at all writing off the idea of using Inhumans as a way to tell stories about non-humans living among us and resulting cultural fear etc.

Oh and the Inhuman city of Attilan used to reside in the himalayas... Not too far from the Chinese village where Skye was found. Remembering that the Kree were the ones who genetically engineered the Inhumans in the first place and that Skye just got an infusion of Kree blood as the result of the Clairvoyant's manipulation and I am feeling pretty good about her being an Inhuman.

Cybsled

Ya, with all the pieces as they lie, it seems strongly possible that Skye is either an Inhuman or at least a half Inhuman.