Marvel's Avengers

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the takedowns on the dreadbots, as soon as you are given the option to tab x (or whatever the keyboard equivalent) if you do nothing, one of your teammates will come over and assist in the takedown, doing more damage. This will usually cause the dreadbots to die from the takedown instead of having a little bit of health left. It helps for any challenges that require dreadbots takedowns.

Also the double Dodge thing. If your just looking for a perfect dodge, the short dodge is fine, even for aoes. The longer double dodge is better for getting out of range of certain things or quickly getting out of line of sight. Also the game really wants you to perfect block more than dodge, but it's sort of antithetical to this generation of gamers with the souls games

Also some champions you tend to hold down RT a lot like ms marvel and hulk when you are stomping so its a bit weirder to flutter it to parry but on the plus side I get a lot of accidental parries with ms marvel. But yes at higher levels you NEED to dodge/block the bad stuff or you really get wrecked.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think the Heroic Elite Hive was broken (the last Avenger standing mechanic doesn't work) and so they needed the exotic drops with the patch. I noticed that each time I did it tonight I got a level 1 item as a reward...

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Played some more coop games today and the range hate wasn't as bad at all, which again makes me think in solo the ai will target you much more often than the companions. Better to play with other people than 3 companions.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played some more coop games today and the range hate wasn't as bad at all, which again makes me think in solo the ai will target you much more often than the companions. Better to play with other people than 3 companions.
Especially if you are in a mission that requires you to capture three points. The AI companions seem to utterly ignore objectives and having to do all three yourself AND defend the points is frustrating beyond belief even one other player makes those more enjoyable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Nice time saver. Also FYI, there's a gap in the railing so you can jump straight down to him, rather than going the long way round via the stairs.

Argarth

On the verandah
I like the fact that there are different length of missions between a drop zone that takes 10 minutes and a hive that take 30 plus. Another thing I do like is that the optional objectives on a map are actually with doing, the chest and mini bosses can drop good loot. Making fully exploring a map vs going straight for the objective both viable way to play.

The more I play the more I like it. Getting more skills open up the gameplay and kinda change how you can play the character.

I really like this aspect too. Ran a Vault mission on Easy trying to get a better handle on the Companion AI (they run off, leash issues, game needs a "regroup" command imo) and ended up scouring the entire map (outdoor forest). Found some extra chests tucked away, and a mini boss encounter I would have missed completely.

So far, especially in outdoor maps (solo), I'm having a much better time if I attack mobs that one of my Companions is fighting, then the others tend to gather round. As soon as I feel like I'm getting really focused by a lot of ranged in particular, I'll look around for a Companion, and run over to join their fight. Seems to even things up after that.

X Xenrauk mentioned the "range hate" seemed to be less of a problem in coop play. Not ideal, but I'm going to keep playing around with it some more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the Heroic Elite Hive was broken (the last Avenger standing mechanic doesn't work) and so they needed the exotic drops with the patch. I noticed that each time I did it tonight I got a level 1 item as a reward...
Supposedly that mechanic is meant for the "Omega Elite Heroic Hive"... lol. So far, everyone who has gotten an Exotic drop has gotten it from that Elite Heroic Hive on their first run, and if you didn't you'll never get one until they fix the broken loot table (those lvl1 greens you see).

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Ran into a funny bug last night, got blasted into a wall and out of the building and into space with thor, tried flying back but it kept moving me away.

Untitled.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Make sure to do the Priority Mission each week. The first time you complete it you get stuff like 50 upgrade modules. Right now I'm starved for upgrade modules so this was a godsend.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you play Offline you can do certain things that are not available while Online; 1) Farm a mission for rare patterns (Day of the Remains), 2) Cycle through Legendary outfits on the vendor, they change every hour.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
And also roll your date/clock so you get access to the challenge dailies and weeklies again so you can complete the card, apparently that's client side too.

Also they went and nerfed all the missions that were guaranteeing legendary loot as mission end rewards, like the day of the remains missions, which they also did to nerf and get rid of the rare pattern reward, only they went and "accidentally" nerfed the power level of the reward too, and the drops were only scaling to 120. They had to fix the scaling back to 130 after complaints.

• 1Pathetic

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The nerf only applies to Online play at the moment, so you will still get legendary+rare pattern each time Day of the Remains mission while offline.

Argarth

On the verandah
So I wonder what happens to this game when someone comes up with a Save editor?

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The more I read about this game, the more I think I won't even bother on a sale...

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Already one for PC. That's where they fucked up by not making everything server side.

wait so we can already mod and make our own gear and shit? that transfers over to online? yikes oh well i got it for 30$ so cant complain i guess it seems fun enough

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game is actually pretty fun but really needs a few patches to get its stability issues sorted out.

Argarth

On the verandah
Yeah, the game is actually fun to play. Poor (extremely variable) PC performance and bugs not withstanding, combat looked good, so I was always going to buy it being a huge Marvel fan. Wasn't even bothered about the quantity of launch content shipped, since there's nothing more to spend unless you want to play dress-up.

However, didn't know about the client side saves. I typically don't study games too closely until I can get my hands on the final product. Now that I'm up to speed with the implications, I'm completely baffled by their decision. For a live-service game with SP and MP progression it just blows my fucking mind. (even forgetting the MTX for now, server side)

Anyway, here's hoping Steam comes to the party, I'm way over the 2 hr limit. Only other game I've refunded was X4 (GOG)... man what a cluster-fuck that was at launch!

edit: Well, time to escalate. What a lame excuse.
Hello
We have reviewed your refund request.
We will not be granting a refund at this time as there is no evidence that the product has a major defect as defined under Australian law.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This isn't a competitive kind of game, so the gratification of editing saves is extremely limited. Modding is one thing, but just giving yourself max gear or infinite health or whatever is effectively just killing your own gaming experience just to say you did it.